1. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Joined
    16 Nov '03
    Moves
    88863
    20 Mar '05 02:42
    Let's have a change of pace...Many new-age bretheren believe in reincarnation as do Hindus (I think). Do we have any believers lurking at RHP? If so, may I ask a question.

    As the number of people on earth today are far greater than those who existed in the past, where do the souls come from to be reincarnated? Does someone create new souls?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    20 Mar '05 02:49
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Let's have a change of pace...Many new-age bretheren believe in reincarnation as do Hindus (I think). Do we have any believers lurking at RHP? If so, may I ask a question.

    As the number of people on earth today are far greater than those who existed in the past, where do the souls come from to be reincarnated? Does someone create new souls?
    I was once the Duke of Sandwich. Or was I an Earl? I forget, it was so long ago.

    P
  3. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Joined
    16 Nov '03
    Moves
    88863
    20 Mar '05 04:05
    You were an Earl. Not only did you invent sandwiches but also bowling, I understand.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    20 Mar '05 04:07
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    You were an Earl. Not only did you invent sandwiches but also bowling, I understand.
    Whoallly Crap! Are you kidding? I knew I did the sandwiches... but I must have forgot about bowling... that is really messed up, I hope you are not pulling my leg.

    P
  5. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23643
    20 Mar '05 04:13
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Whoallly Crap! Are you kidding? I knew I did the sandwiches... but I must have forgot about bowling... that is really messed up, I hope you are not pulling my leg.

    P

    The Royal Balls, Phlabby ..... I told you so
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    20 Mar '05 04:16
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

    The Royal Balls, Phlabby ..... I told you so
    My dreams are dashed!

    http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20030606.html

    Mr. 700
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    20 Mar '05 05:24
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Let's have a change of pace...Many new-age bretheren believe in reincarnation as do Hindus (I think). Do we have any believers lurking at RHP? If so, may I ask a question.

    As the number of people on earth today are far greater than those who existed in the past, where do the souls come from to be reincarnated? Does someone create new souls?
    since I'm a frog in this incarnation , I wanna come back as a Prince in the next?
  8. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Joined
    12 Oct '04
    Moves
    8623
    20 Mar '05 08:03
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Let's have a change of pace...Many new-age bretheren believe in reincarnation as do Hindus (I think). Do we have any believers lurking at RHP? If so, may I ask a question.

    As the number of people on earth today are far greater than those who existed in the past, where do the souls come from to be reincarnated? Does someone create new souls?
    The way I understand it (and no, I am not a carnationist πŸ˜› ), is that humans are the end of the line, so to speak.

    So, if we start off as amoeba and end up as humans, the intermediate animal links would become fewer in number (as is happening through the extinction of species).

    So, the souls are always there, but the number of humans increase, as the number of lesser animals decrease. Problem solved, no need to "create" souls.
  9. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Joined
    26 Apr '04
    Moves
    21784
    20 Mar '05 08:05
    http://www.exn.ca/Stories/2004/04/13/51.asp

    Or How about a surplus of souls, even more then one per prson?

    http://www.exn.ca/Stories/2004/04/13/51.asp


    Nyxie
  10. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Joined
    16 Nov '03
    Moves
    88863
    20 Mar '05 12:17
    Hmm. Makes sense to me. Perhaps I can now become a reincarnationist - but will that mean my Border Collie will die?:'(
  11. Standard memberMayharm
    the Mad
    Jupiter
    Joined
    23 Jun '04
    Moves
    2234
    20 Mar '05 12:53
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Hmm. Makes sense to me. Perhaps I can now become a reincarnationist - but will that mean my Border Collie will die?:'(
    Yes.

    But you knew that anyway didn't you? πŸ™‚

    MÅ¥HÅRM
  12. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    20 Mar '05 17:39
    Originally posted by Alcra
    The way I understand it (and no, I am not a carnationist πŸ˜› ), is that humans are the end of the line, so to speak.

    So, if we start off as amoeba and end up as humans, the intermediate animal links would become fewer in number (as is happening through the extinction of species).

    So, the souls are always there, but the number of humans increase, as the number of lesser animals decrease. Problem solved, no need to "create" souls.
    Does this mean that higher caste humans will increase in number and lower caste ones decrease?
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Joined
    22 Dec '04
    Moves
    41172
    20 Mar '05 20:13
    Where did the souls come from in the first place to be reincarnated?
  14. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55256
    20 Mar '05 20:19
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Where did the souls come from in the first place to be reincarnated?
    Where did God come from, in the first place to create everything?
  15. R.I.P.
    Joined
    21 Dec '01
    Moves
    8578
    20 Mar '05 22:43
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Let's have a change of pace...Many new-age bretheren believe in reincarnation as do Hindus (I think). Do we have any believers lurking at RHP? If so, may I ask a question.

    As the number of people on earth today are far greater than those who existed in the past, where do the souls come from to be reincarnated? Does someone create new souls?
    Maybe they are souls from species that have become extinct ? There might even be one or two former dodo's here in the forumsπŸ™‚
Back to Top