1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    15 Dec '09 03:19
    How come we never hear anything new from God these day's ?
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    09 Jul '04
    Moves
    198660
    15 Dec '09 03:38
    you do. go to calvary chapel, or to a good catholic priest, or to the lds chapel or to the synagogue and listen carefully. you will hear good news.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91531
    15 Dec '09 04:39
    Originally posted by buckky
    How come we never hear anything new from God these day's ?
    Different language,is all. Just tune into the right frequency. (I'm not sayin its easy but...)
  4. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    15 Dec '09 05:37
    Originally posted by buckky
    How come we never hear anything new from God these day's ?
    Have you ever received instruction from a teacher who was adamant that you pay attention? Any entreaties you lobbied in an effort for more information was met with a stonewall of silence. Why? They had already given you everything you needed for the lesson at hand.

    Get to it... That was the message you took from their silence.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    15 Dec '09 05:40
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Have you ever received instruction from a teacher who was adamant that you pay attention? Any entreaties you lobbied in an effort for more information was met with a stonewall of silence. Why? They had already given you everything you needed for the lesson at hand.

    Get to it... That was the message you took from their silence.
    You mean - god gives us the 'silence treat'?

    So is any pebble on the beach.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    15 Dec '09 05:40
    Originally posted by buckky
    How come we never hear anything new from God these day's ?
    So assuming that we have heard from him, how did this move you? For example, if Christ really did come down and die for our sins and you rejected this notion, what more has he to say to you? If this really happened, this event is the cornerstone for man and God to be reconciled once again.
  7. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    15 Dec '09 17:44
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    you do. go to calvary chapel, or to a good catholic priest, or to the lds chapel or to the synagogue and listen carefully. you will hear good news.
    I will hearing the good news from a man or woman claimng to have good news. How can I trust them ? They might not have any more good news than I have.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91531
    16 Dec '09 01:21
    actually there is no such thing as silence. Even in deep space there is still some background "hiss",no?
    Only when we are unconcious is there silence. And thats because we are unconcious, not because there is really silence.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14509
    16 Dec '09 14:33
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    actually there is no such thing as silence. Even in deep space there is still some background "hiss",no?
    Only when we are unconcious is there silence. And thats because we are unconcious, not because there is really silence.
    Of course there is silence; even your beloved Osho knew it -and he knew well how one can rise to this level😵
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14509
    16 Dec '09 15:07
    Originally posted by buckky
    How come we never hear anything new from God these day's ?
    Which way Kosmos is unrolling? The very moment ine tries to define Kosmos s/he keeps it static. Some say Kosmos is a product of the matter, other say it ‘s a creation of the so called “god”… These are meanings that We attribute as if separated from Kosmos we remain -and at the same time Kosmos is unrolling without offering us a specific reason, without answering to the plethora of our “Why” because there is No Because. We don’t know why Kosmos exists.

    Hard to embrace chaos; hard to open our mind and to live and to define whatever gives us power and whatever devastates us; by far easier to create kat' eikona kai kath' omoiosin of ourselves the so called “god” whispering words of wisdom or shouting orders through the so called “holy scriptures”
    😵
  11. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    16 Dec '09 15:16
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Which way Kosmos is unrolling? The very moment ine tries to define Kosmos s/he keeps it static. Some say Kosmos is a product of the matter, other say it ‘s a creation of the so called “god”… These are meanings that We attribute as if separated from Kosmos we remain -and at the same time Kosmos is unrolling without offering us a specific reason, without ...[text shortened]... god” whispering words of wisdom or shouting orders through the so called “holy scriptures”
    😵
    "Thus spoke Zarathustra... "
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14509
    16 Dec '09 16:17
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    "Thus spoke Zarathustra... "
    Of course not; however, oh passion flower of my heart, since you appear to enjoy the German here you are:

    -- "God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight"
    😵
  13. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    16 Dec '09 16:48
    More solipsisms from the solipsistic sophist.
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14509
    16 Dec '09 19:26
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    More solipsisms from the solipsistic sophist.
    So in your opinion Nietzsche is a solipsistic sophist😵
  15. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    17 Dec '09 04:45
    Originally posted by black beetle
    So in your opinion Nietzsche is a solipsistic sophist😵
    I wasn't really thinking of him, but now that you mention it, the title seems to fit him, too!
Back to Top