1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    25 Apr '09 14:03
    Are all sin's equal ? What is a mortal sin ? Can a filthy sinner have a death bed conversion, and still hang out with likes of Mother Teresa up in Paradise ?
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    25 Apr '09 15:37
    Originally posted by buckky
    Are all sin's equal ? What is a mortal sin ? Can a filthy sinner have a death bed conversion, and still hang out with likes of Mother Teresa up in Paradise ?
    You mean, is coveting your neighbor's wife akin to killing someone?

'Nuff said.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Apr '09 17:111 edit
    Mark 3:28-29: "Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven all their sins and all the blasphemies they utter. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin. He said this because they [the Pharisees] were saying, ‘He has an evil spirit’."
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '09 17:24
    Is it a sin to kill a homosexual?
    According to Exodus 20:13 that says that there should be a death penalty for homosexual acts, so they can be killed. God says so, so it must be right.
    So if I kill a homosexual, is it a sin?

Disclaimer: I myself has nothing against homosexuals. I ask the christians who believes in their bible.
  5. weedhopper
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 01:13
    All sins are equal in the eyes of God eamimg that God can have nothing to do with any of them--mo ,atter how "close" one is to being sinless, if he misses by a mote or a mile, it's the same difference. [Praise be for salvation 🙂 but that's another topic.] As for implementing capital punishment, that is not for the individual to inflict--only the state.
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 02:42
    YouTube
  7. Break-twitching
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 06:22
    It also means the only sin that cannot be forgiven is the disbelief in God. Jesus stated that(not quoted exactly as written) "though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as wool", which means, technically, that ALL sin can be forgiven. Even Jeffrey Dahmer, if he sincerely asked God for forgiveness before he died, may be in heaven today.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 12:051 edit
    With God there are two important matters for all human beings. One we can have and the other no one can have:

1.) All sins can be forgiven you. All your iniquities may be forgiven and forgotten by God forever.

2.) You cannot remain the same kind of person you were when you sinned. He must work in you to sanctify you into the image of Christ His Son.

I get to be forgiven. I don't get to remain the same kind of person forever.

For this reason you have to change your concept of "going to heaven" as if God's salvation is only to transport you to a happy place. This is not biblical.

Why would you want to be taken somewhere that you are not going to enjoy?

We all can be forgiven. None of us who are forgiven in Christ, can escape the full salvation of sanctification and conformation to become like Jesus Christ in eternity future.
  9. At the Revolution
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 14:05
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI
    Hey ... your avatar sucks!!

Sorry. I just had to let that out. I'm sick of seeing Che's skull everywhere. Keep it up and I'll get a picture of Adam Smith's skull.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 15:03
    The sin and the guilt seem to be one of the cornerstones of christianity. Christians can kill for their beliefs, and if they do it for gods sake then it's not a sin. Christians are scared to death in the thought of their own future death.
    I'm glad I'm not a christian.
  11. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 15:28
    I will allow God's Word to speak with respect to your first question.

In Matthew 5:21-28, Jesus equates committing adultery with having lust in your heart and committing murder with having hatred in your heart. However, this does not mean the sins are equal. What Jesus was trying to get across to the Pharisees was that it is still sin even if you only think about or want to do the act, even if you don’t carry it out. The religious leaders of Jesus’ day taught people that it was okay to think about anything you wanted to, as long as you did not act on those desires. Jesus is forcing them to realize that God judges a person’s thoughts as well as their actions. Jesus proclaimed that our actions are the results of what is in our hearts (Matthew 12:34).

So, although Jesus said that lust and adultery are both sins, that does not mean they are equal. It is much worse to actually murder a person than it is to simply hate them, even though they are both sin in God’s sight. There are degrees to sin. Some sins are worse than others. At the same time, in regards to both eternal consequences and salvation, all sins are the same. Each and every sin will lead to eternal condemnation (Romans 6:23). All sin, no matter how “small,” is against an infinite and eternal God, and is therefore worthy of an infinite and eternal penalty. Further, this is no sin too “big” that God cannot forgive it. Jesus died to pay the penalty for sin (1 John 2:2). Jesus died for ALL of our sins (2 Corinthians 5:21). Are all sins equal to God? Yes and no. In severity? No. In penalty? Yes. In forgivability? Yes.
  12. Break-twitching
    Moves
    27 Apr '09 03:16
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The sin and the guilt seem to be one of the cornerstones of christianity. Christians can kill for their beliefs, and if they do it for gods sake then it's not a sin. Christians are scared to death in the thought of their own future death.
    I'm glad I'm not a christian.
    You're such a "spin doctor"....🙄
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '09 03:41
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    You're such a "spin doctor"....🙄
    Sin is a religious term. I don't believe in the christian religion, therefore I'm not a sinner. Christians may think so, but it's a part of their religion, so I don't care.

Like you care about Nirvana, you don't, so maybe you will be reborn as an ant, or a rat or something else, until you understand the Truths. You don't care, and I don't care. Samo samo.

But nevertheless, I have a high standard how to conduct my life.
  14. Break-twitching
    Moves
    27 Apr '09 04:132 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Sin is a religious term. I don't believe in the christian religion, therefore I'm not a sinner. Christians may think so, but it's a part of their religion, so I don't care.

Like you care about Nirvana, you don't, so maybe you will be reborn as an ant, or a rat or something else, until you understand the Truths. You don't care, and I don't care. Samo samo.

But nevertheless, I have a high standard how to conduct my life.
    I never questioned your morals or ethics as a human. Whether you like it or not, you were born for a reason; you don't have to accept this or even like, but you were put here on earth for a purpose. You ARE subject to sin. You have reached the age of accountability, have been given the message about Jesus, and are now responsible for you eternal destination. There is nothing you can do about this...nothing. You can deny it all you want, and it changes nothing. You ARE subjected to God's laws, and if you choose to reject God, then that is your choice. God loves you enough to grant you the ability to choose. Reincarnation or Hindu aspirations to return as a rat or flea is nonsense. Sin is a fact!
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '09 04:57
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    You ARE subject to sin. ... Sin is a fact!
    According to your religion, not mine.

Christians are sinners, because they believe in the sin as a truth. I don't. You will meet your judge, I'm not. The sin is your problem, not mine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree