1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 17:20
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Well, blow me down!
    Ye wouldn't be talkin' about the oral s_x thread, now would ye?
    aarrrg
    Is your conscience pricking you?

2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 17:23
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Well, if you rate the dictionary above the Bible it might go down as idolitary.
    Don't tell RB... but I keep the dictionary on the bottom shelf. When I go to use it... you might think I am bowing to it!

Gah!

😲

ES
  3. Not Kansas
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 17:26
    Is your conscience pricking you?

I keep pitchin', you keep missin', yer built too low to the ground I say!
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 17:28
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    I keep pitchin', you keep missin', yer built too low to the ground I say!
    Pitch lower.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 17:29
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Don't tell RB... but I keep the dictionary on the bottom shelf. When I go to use it... you might think I am bowing to it!

Gah!

😲

ES
    I have no probm if you use a dictionary and I could venture to say that neither has RB.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '05 02:17
    Will you accept that the Bible should shead light on what sin is?

yes i would say that the bible sheds some light. so does a lot of stuff. what is your point? are you saying that the bible should be the ultimate appeal when trying to determine if something is or is not a sin? given any reasonable definition of 'sin', you'll be hardpressed to make that claim fly.
  7. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    08 Jun '05 03:39
    ... Shouldn't Christians check the Bible to see whether something is a sin?
    As I recall, weaving a cloth blended from two different kinds of fiber is said to be a sin in the Bible.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '05 04:03
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    As I recall, weaving a cloth blended from two different kinds of fiber is said to be a sin in the Bible.
    ah yes...the old 'two types of fiber' trick...only the most vile and detestable sort of heathens perform that nonsense.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Jun '05 07:57
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    Yea, look at the context.
  10. South Africa
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 07:30
    Restriction is the word of sin

Why do we always want to compare things with other things? Is there then NOTHING original??? One thing that we must never do in attempting to attain to the Ineffable, (Inevitable) is Restricting oneSelf. It has been said and written: The word of Sin is Restriction. Remember this Truth! Consider Sin. What is Sin? You are sinning when you are doing something outside a LIMIT that has been set. This limit is set by someone, and many (if not all) times it is by us! When you restrict someone/something, it is most likely that it is going to want to "break free" by sinning! It is like restricting yourself from going to the toilet, and then later being surprised to find yourself incapable in keeping the tears from flowing out of your eyes! "Bind nothing! Let there be no difference made among you between any one thing & any other thing; for thereby cometh hurt. But whose availeth in this, let him be the chief of all!" "Every number is infinite; there is no difference."

The Goal we are attempting to attain is to be our True Self. God Our True Self has NO limit! So why on earth do we think that "limitation" must be a categoristic of It?? There is no right or wrong, there is only Actions. Actions that Causes "favourible" or "infavourible" Effects, according to our tastes. Do you think God is male, all Goodness, incapable of Anger? Yes, you are only "thinking" and not Knowing. By saying God is male, we Restrict (Him) from having feminine qualities! So therefor anything feminine is not God!? Untrue. By saying ANYTHING of God, is to limit Him! Therefor I am abstaining from any further Attempts to "grasp" Him. One can only know God when you are Him. When you are your True Self.

Anything that is measureable has a limit. God is not measureable, and therefor has no limit. God is ALL and NOTHING. Ain Soph Aur. But enough!

Consider words, spoken or written. They have so much limitations that it is Impossible to use them to describe anything Truthfull, espesially Things of Divine Nature! I personally believe in the eloquence of Silence. Nothing False can penetrate Silence. Silence is. It can not be compared with anything else. It just is. When we describe, or rather TRY to describe, certain things, we normally compare that thing to something else! So what ARE we describing anyways??? This or that? It is quite hard to describe something without comparing it with something else. And even then, when we manage to discribe the thing in Itself, we use mere Words to do it!!!

As Words are a disease of Thought, so are Thought a disease of the Divine. That is why, in meditation, we try to still the mind. So there is only True Silence; TRUTH. We can't get near ANYTHING by observing it in the "normal" sense of the (word)?

So, let us bind nothing; and be chief of ALL
    There are some thoughts that one hesitates to bring down into words

As all came from God so must all proceed to God.

ASh
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 07:59
    Why ask other people whether something is a sin or not? Can people decide whether something is a sin? How do you define sin?

Shouldn't Christians check the Bible to see whether something is a sin?
    Anything that is contary to THE WORD OF GOD, is sin. Nothing could be simplier. Even if you never have read THE WORD OF GOD, each man has knowledge of good and evil. A knowledge of right and wrong.
  12. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 08:10
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Anything that is contary to THE WORD OF GOD, is sin. Nothing could be simplier. Even if you never have read THE WORD OF GOD, each man has knowledge of good and evil. A knowledge of right and wrong.
    Yes obviously wearing a set of 50/50 cotton/poly knickers is entirely evil and all that would dare do this must be driven from the face of the earth.
  13. London
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 09:44
    Originally posted by AShmodeus
    Restriction is the word of sin

Why do we always want to compare things with other things? Is there then NOTHING original??? One thing that we must never do in attempting to attain to the Ineffable, (Inevitable) is Restricting oneSelf. It has been said and written: The word of Sin is Restriction. Remember this Truth! Consider Sin. What is Sin? You are ...[text shortened]... es to bring down into words

As all came from God so must all proceed to God.

ASh
    Whazzat again?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree