1. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 17:49
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You have a Law giver that created the universe and laid out how it should be given?
    You have Laws that were not man made and therefore not up for debate?
    You have someone who tells you if you do this, that will happen, and if not something
    else will occur?

Your world view isn't affected by this because you reject it, so it is void of them. The ones
    y ...[text shortened]... r choices color your
    world without or without God to suit you. That is your belief, your faith.
    The fact that I don't believe in the existence of god(s) prevents me from taking seriously any action whose sole purpose lies in pleasing the god(s). However, any action that has real world consequences I'd have to take as seriously as any religious person, but for reasons of social stability and harmony, rather than fear of an inevitable eternal punishment. I can't exactly pick and choose arbitrarily. If laws help in creating a stable and harmonious society, I will have to respect them, even if they're a pain in my own personal butt.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 18:15
    Originally posted by C Hess
    The fact that I don't believe in the existence of god(s) prevents me from taking seriously any action whose sole purpose lies in pleasing the god(s). However, any action that has real world consequences I'd have to take as seriously as any religious person, but for reasons of social stability and harmony, rather than fear of an inevitable eternal punishment. ...[text shortened]... harmonious society, I will have to respect them, even if they're a pain in my own personal butt.
    I give you that all in all I think you are a very respectable person. I don't think to much about
    the eternal punishment as much as I do the great grace given to us with respect to Christ.
    I don't see this debating moving anyone in any direction, thanks for the discussion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree