1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 15:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    So, the way you see it, if you do something, it can be righteous because you believe the things that some people claim about Christ, but if I do the same thing, it is not possible for it to be righteous because I don't believe the things that some people (like you) claim about Christ, is that right?
    When did I say that I can do something righteous?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 15:13
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    When did I say that I can do something righteous?
    So you don't even subscribe to the stuff you plagiarized on the previous page? 😕

Did you even read it before you copy pasted it?
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 15:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you don't even subscribe to the stuff you plagiarized on the previous page? 😕

Did you even read it before you copy pasted it?
    We have no ability to achieve righteousness in and of ourselves.

Did you miss that part?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 15:27
    We have no ability to achieve righteousness in and of ourselves.

Did you miss that part?
    No. I am asking you a point blank question about the plagiarized copy paste on the previous page and assuming you were intending to imply that its content applied to you.

If you do something, it can be righteous because you believe the things that some people claim about Christ, right? See your own copy paste.

But if I do the same thing, it is not possible for it to be righteous because I don't believe the things that Christians claim about Christ, right? See your own copy paste.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 15:33
    http://www.gotquestions.org/righteousness.html
    Did you even read the content of this copy paste? It appears not.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 16:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. I am asking you a point blank question about the plagiarized copy paste on the previous page and assuming you were intending to imply that its content applied to you.

If you do something, it can be righteous because you believe the things that some people claim about Christ, right? See your own copy paste.

But if I do the same thing, it is not possible ...[text shortened]... e I don't believe the things that Christians claim about Christ, right? See your own copy paste.
    Quote the exact part of the text I posted which makes you think that if I do something it can be righteous because I believe things that some people claim about Christ.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 16:101 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Did you even read the content of this copy paste? It appears not.
    You clearly want it to say what you want it to say.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 16:462 edits
    Dictionaries define righteousness as “behavior that is morally justifiable or right.” Such behavior is characterized by accepted standards of morality, justice, virtue, or uprightness. The Bible’s standard of human righteousness is God’s own perfection in every attribute, every attitude, every behavior, and every word. Thus, God’s laws, as given in the B ...[text shortened]... but the holy righteousness of the Lord Jesus.

http://www.gotquestions.org/righteousness.html
    You continue to delude yourself because the Bible says no such thing as this :

... On the cross, Jesus exchanged our sin for His perfect righteousness so that we can one day stand before God and He will see not our sin, but the holy righteousness of the Lord Jesus

If all that were true that all Christians will stand before God with the righteousness of Christ and their eternal life is certain, then Paul would have no need to go into the details of living righteously and of the consequences to Christian saints if they dont live righteously ... the consequences is eternal damnation. The warnings by Paul, James, John and Peter are far too munerous to mention but here is one:

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)

The writings of the Apostles are full of warnings to do good works, avoid sin and live righteously otherwise eternal damnation is the end result. Nobody will be able to claim, "Jesus is righteous therefore that makes me righteous" .. thats bull.!.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 16:49
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You continue to delude yourself because the Bible says no such thing as this :

... On the cross, Jesus exchanged our sin for His perfect righteousness so that we can one day stand before God and He will see not our sin, but the holy righteousness of the Lord Jesus

If all that were true that all Christians will stand before God with the righteous ...[text shortened]... y will be able to claim, "Jesus is righteous therefore that makes me righteous" .. thats bull.!.
    So here we have this alleged deity, making an entire universe, making humans but pre-arranging SOME of them to be condemned to hell and burn for eternity.

How can supposedly intelligent humans fall for such nonsense?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 17:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So here we have this alleged deity, making an entire universe, making humans but pre-arranging SOME of them to be condemned to hell and burn for eternity.

How can supposedly intelligent humans fall for such nonsense?
    I dont fall for that nonsense.

God did prearrange for some to be His people. But most people fall into one of two groups as they choose their own destiny. If they choose evil they will be destroyed [not burn for all eternity]. Those who choose to live righteously will be rewarded with eternal life.

Sounds fair to me.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 19:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I dont fall for that nonsense.

God did prearrange for some to be His people. But most people fall into one of two groups as they choose their own destiny. If they choose evil they will be destroyed [not burn for all eternity]. Those who choose to live righteously will be rewarded with eternal life.

Sounds fair to me.
    Would you say someone is righteous if they are true to their conscience 50% of the time, 100% of the time or somewhere in between?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 20:00
    Would you say someone is righteous if they are true to their conscience 50% of the time, 100% of the time or somewhere in between?
    What kind of a dumb question is that you keep asking?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 20:46
    Quote the exact part of the text I posted which makes you think that if I do something it can be righteous because I believe things that some people claim about Christ.
    The text you copy pasted clearly claims that non-Christians cannot achieve righteousness but that Christians can. Didn't you even read it?
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 05:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    The text you copy pasted clearly claims that non-Christians cannot achieve righteousness but that Christians can. Didn't you even read it?
    It clearly says that we have no ability to achieve righteousness in and of ourselves.

So we are never righteous in and of ourselves. When God looks at us he sees the righteousness of Christ, not our own.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 05:22
    It clearly says that we have no ability to achieve righteousness in and of ourselves.

So we are never righteous in and of ourselves. When God looks at us he sees the righteousness of Christ, not our own.
    OK, then. So, when you say "no one is capable of righteous actions", you are in fact referring to BOTH non-Christians AND Christians; neither group is "capable of righteous actions", is that what you are saying?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree