Sodom and Gomorrah

Sodom and Gomorrah

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
22 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
...[text shortened]... said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
Was Jesis evil for saying what he said?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Aug 17
3 edits

When you claim that racism is inherently evil you contradict Jesus.

I recall saying that Christ conquers Racism.
That would be true whether Racism is evil or not.

In the "one new man" the prevailing new testament church, Christ swallows up racial stratifications.

" For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

There cannot be Jew nor Greek, there cannot be slave nor freeman, there cannot be male and female; for you are all one in Christ." (Galatians 3:26-28)

Notice that this is not Paul saying liberally "You SHOULD not behave that way. It is not nice." He is saying the there CANNOT BE these kinds of social stratifications if we want to have the normal Christian church life.

Jew and Greek are just representative of all such racial stratifications.
The reality of the Body of Christ and oppressive stratification because of race are mutually exclusive.

If Christians want one the cannot have the other.
If Christians want the normal blessed and prevailing church life than "there CANNOT BE" negative or even not negative social stratification dividing up the sons of God.

If you call God creating some to serve a common purpose such as Pharoah being created to reject God then you are evil.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are not in the Old Testament time of Pharoah.
We are in the age of the New Testament church. And if we are Christians and WANT to have the vibrant and spiritually blessed and prevailing church in victory we are all sons of God.

Pharoah would just be "Brother Pharaoh" on an equal spiritual plane with all the other brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Aug 17

Elader, when you meet Christ do you want to be boasting how much you were able to hang on to racism or some other divisive social stratification ?

Bosses, Employees, Black, White, Men, Women, Texans, Puerto Ricans, Europeans, Americans, Asians, etc. etc. cannot maintain divisive social stratification as in the world when they come into the reality of the New Testament church.

We all have to turn to live Christ.
We all have to be immersed and plunged into another Person - Christ.

Physically we do not change.
Obviously females are still females and males are still males.
But the worldly oppressive stratifications "CANNOT BE" because the Spirit of Christ will swallow such divisions up.

This is one reason why deformed "churches" are so weak.
Whether Racism is inherently evil or not Christ has all the sons of God buried into Himself.

Colossians 3:10,11 makes the same point.

"And having put on the new man, which is being renewed unto full knowledge according to the image of Him who created him;

Where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave, freeman, but Christ is all and in all." (Col 3:10,11)

Do you want to hold on to Racism pretending that God is on your side?
Or do you want to in these last days before Christ comes again, come into the normal expression of "the one new man"?

E

Moves
23 Aug 17

Originally posted by @sonship
Elader, when you meet Christ do you want to be boasting how much you were able to hang on to racism or some other divisive social stratification ?

Bosses, Employees, Black, White, Men, Women, Texans, Puerto Ricans, Europeans, Americans, Asians, etc. etc. cannot maintain divisive social stratification as in the world when they come into the reality of t ...[text shortened]... ast days before Christ comes again, come into the normal expression of [b]"the one new man"
?[/b]
You miss the point.
The point is that racism in itself is not sinful.

If it was, Jesus would never have uttered a racist word.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Aug 17

You miss the point.

He didn't.

Learn to read without injecting your own pride into what you read.

Do you really think you're one of the elect? Because I see zero justification for such a belief.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Aug 17
1 edit

Now you are being a Bible worshipper.

By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.
I see nothing here about babies.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Aug 17

If you support socialized medicine you are a liberal.

Tard is back in your end of the court.
Go back and read the Sermon on the Mount again.

And oh, yeah, Matthew 25 wouldn't hurt either.

You have a lot to answer for when you stand before your Judge.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Ok I stand corrected. You do believe children of Christ go to hell after all. So be it.
Jackass.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Aug 17

Originally posted by @apathist
Aw geez, eladar thinks that racism is holy. scuse me while I barf
You, and every thinking person in this forum.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Aug 17

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
...[text shortened]... said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
What was the imperative set before Joshua? Do you remember what that was?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fabianfnas
If not christians themselves agree in christian matters - how are they to suppose that non-christian would turn into christians? 😕
If it were up to people believing Eladar to become Christian, certainly no one would.

F

Moves
23 Aug 17

FMF to sonship: Ok I stand corrected. You do believe children of Christ go to hell after all. So be it.

Originally posted by @suzianne
Jackass.
I told Eladar that sonship did not believe children of Christ go to hell, and sonship stepped in to say I had got it wrong.

E

Moves
23 Aug 17

He didn't.

Learn to read without injecting your own pride into what you read.

Do you really think you're one of the elect? Because I see zero justification for such a belief.
A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

E

Moves
23 Aug 17

If it were up to people believing Eladar to become Christian, certainly no one would.
Literally no one? Or simply a few?

You say I am a Calvinist. From your point of virw you would be saying there are no Calvinists.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Aug 17
3 edits

You miss the point.

I think that you miss the point. Shouldn't the Christians' point be to be brought into God's perfect will ?

"What am I allowed to continue practicing because Jesus thinks its Okay?"

This is the question of man-centered priorities.
This is to be preoccupied with hoping God smiles on our natural attitudes.

A far better point of view is to ask "Lord Jesus, how do you want us to live?"

These two passages emphasize the point of God's perfect will expressed in the normal Christian church life.

" ... put off the old man with his practices, And having put on the new man, which is being renewed unto full knowledge according to the images of Him who created him;

Where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave, freeman, but Christ is all and in all." (Col. 3:10,11)

Graduate from saying "But the point is that our racism is OK. Its not bad."
But the real point to Christ is that we put on "the new man" putting OFF "the old man". The divine point is that Christ be all and in all.

On one hand you honored the apostles of Christ.
But you don'y regard the apostolic exhortation to become "one new man" where Christ is the center and Christ is all and in all.

"But it is OK that we have Greek and Jew divisions. Jesus would not object.
But it is OK that we have Scythian and barbarian divisions. Jesus would not object."

Some of us want to come into the perfect will of God and allowing the "one new man" to emerge in city after city where the world can see where "Christ is all and in all."