1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 03:31
    there is a God but who cares who it is? worship him and submit to him, a name doesnt matter whether he is the LORD or Allah
  2. Earth
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 05:43
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    there is a God but who cares who it is? worship him and submit to him, a name doesnt matter whether he is the LORD or Allah
    Amen!
  3. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 05:44
    why submit to him/her/it?
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 05:46
    Prove it.
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 05:47
    Originally posted by amannion
    why submit to him/her/it?
    because he has created you and you owe life to him, well him/her 😕
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 05:49
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Prove it.
    that would take too much effort, and i refuse to believe that the universe has ALWAYS been here, it doesnt seem likely. it seems even more unlikely that it just created itself with a big bang, i thought explosions destroyed, not created. to me it has to be a supernatural cause because no other explanation seems likely
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 05:54
    because he has created you and you owe life to him, well him/her 😕
    Assume for a moment that I accept that I have been created by this god. So what? Why does that mean that I owe it anything?
  8. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 05:57
    that would take too much effort, and i refuse to believe that the universe has ALWAYS been here, it doesnt seem likely. it seems even more unlikely that it just created itself with a big bang, i thought explosions destroyed, not created. to me it has to be a supernatural cause because no other explanation seems likely
    So, you're not prepared to accept a natural explanation because it's too unlikely, but you're prepared to accept a supernatural explanation instead.
    Do you know much about the natural explanations? What about supernatural explanations - what do you know about them?
    It seems to me that you reject an explanation out of hand because it doesn't seem to work, and yet you accept another without any significant evidence. Or, am I mistaken here, and you do have significant evidence for a supernatural explanation?
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 06:00
    Assume for a moment that I accept that I have been created by this god. So what? Why does that mean that I owe it anything?
    you wouldnt exist if it werent for God
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 06:01
    So, you're not prepared to accept a natural explanation because it's too unlikely, but you're prepared to accept a supernatural explanation instead.
    Do you know much about the natural explanations? What about supernatural explanations - what do you know about them?
    It seems to me that you reject an explanation out of hand because it doesn't seem to work, ...[text shortened]... Or, am I mistaken here, and you do have significant evidence for a supernatural explanation?
    you are kind of right, personal experiences do not count as proof. and i think it is personal experiences that make me believe in God(s)
  11. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 06:02
    you wouldnt exist if it werent for God
    So what?
    If grass wasn't green I wouldn't be able to breathe. Does that mean I owe the colour green something?
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 06:03
    So what?
    If grass wasn't green I wouldn't be able to breathe. Does that mean I owe the colour green something?
    you owe God for making it that way
  13. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 06:05
    you owe God for making it that way
    Why?
    I'm not trying to be facetious here or anything, but let's look at this another way around. By your argument, my own kids owe me something for creating them.
    But why? Why should they beholden to me simply because I took it upon myself to create them (or help create them anyway)?
  14. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 06:07
    Why?
    I'm not trying to be facetious here or anything, but let's look at this another way around. By your argument, my own kids owe me something for creating them.
    But why? Why should they beholden to me simply because I took it upon myself to create them (or help create them anyway)?
    you gave them life
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 06:12
    Why?
    i guess you could argue that it is a bad thing to have life if you are an emo or something, but at least they have the option to take it away themselves as opposed to never being born and never having the chance to live

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree