This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 00:16
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    So as the fear of God leaves the human race the human race is getting worse?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 06:39
    Christianity is not "Highlander".
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 10:25
    seriously? a human turd rapes someone, is acquitted through a failure of the system, rapes someone immmediately after, another human turd in charge of punishing human turds finds excuses for him and you are concerned with the location in which the rape happened
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 20:08

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 20:14

7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 22:48
    Why is it a substitute in your eyes only, what if it is the real thing?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 23:13

9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '15 05:51
    The real point would be that they would know it is wrong, the moral restraint would be
    the knowledge it should never happen. The fear of doing wrong would be either from man
    who can be fooled, paid off, or look the other way, or God who will hold them accountable
    regardless. If our restraints are just what we think we can get away with, than we really
    don't have restraints just opportunities.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '15 05:52
    Love is best!
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Oct '15 20:11
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The real point would be that they would know it is wrong, the moral restraint would be
    the knowledge it should never happen. The fear of doing wrong would be either from man
    who can be fooled, paid off, or look the other way, or God who will hold them accountable
    regardless. If our restraints are just what we think we can get away with, than we really
    don't have restraints just opportunities.
    In the first example, the man or woman makes a moral judgement based on their own thinking but the second one does not require actual thinking, just fear the wrath of some alleged deity.

To me, the first example is a person higher on the spiritual scale than the second one. The second one cannot grow morally, only stay in the same mental place.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '15 20:551 edit

13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '15 22:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In the first example, the man or woman makes a moral judgement based on their own thinking but the second one does not require actual thinking, just fear the wrath of some alleged deity.

To me, the first example is a person higher on the spiritual scale than the second one. The second one cannot grow morally, only stay in the same mental place.
    The first example we agree is an acknowledgement of what is right and wrong. The 2nd
    being what could/would happen if I did what I knew was morally wrong wouldn't hinder
    or promote anything just because, it would only harm or help depending on if God is real
    or not. If real, than all justification which God rejects will be for nothing, if God isn't real it
    doesn't matter one way or another.

The first is just an acknowledgement, the 2nd is a fear of what would happen with and
    without God. Without God it is just a matter of can I get away with it, that would again
    mean it isn't a matter of restraint, only what I want and can get away with. With God it
    doesn't matter if I can get away with it here in this life, I know I'm guilty and will pay for it
    either here in this life, but without a doubt in what is to come.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '15 22:424 edits
    I do believe I understand you, if you actually cared for the other person and have a chance
    to do evil to them, you would not harm them because you care. Love is the best protection
    against all wrong doing, but not everyone loves as they should so what then?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 02:13

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree