1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 00:34
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39157526

A drag queen and a muslim sit together on the NY subway.

No ... not the start of a joke; a viral photo.

What do you think?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 00:41
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

What do you think?
    I thInk too much was made of it, especially by the original poster who said "this is the world liberals want". Why anyone would think that a women dressed to appease the religious male bigotry of her country, is in anyway liberalist idealism, is nuts.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 06:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I thInk too much was made of it, especially by the original poster who said "this is the world liberals want". Why anyone would think that a women dressed to appease the religious male bigotry of her country, is in anyway liberalist idealism, is nuts.
    Actually, I took it (the picture) to represent diversity.

So yeah, I guess it is the world liberals want. Bring everyone to the table, leave no one behind. Too many fundamentalist Christians want a white, Anglo-Saxon world dominated by men and will be happy with nothing else. That idea is just anti-Christian and ancient.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 06:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Actually, I took it (the picture) to represent diversity.

So yeah, I guess it is the world liberals want. Bring everyone to the table, leave no one behind. Too many fundamentalist Christians want a white, Anglo-Saxon world dominated by men and will be happy with nothing else. That idea is just anti-Christian and ancient.
    If "the world liberals want" is diversity, then you (assuming you see yourself as a "liberal" in this context, already have it. The issue I have with this flavour of liberalism is that it's roots are in the same wishy-washy ideology of the love and peace era of the 1960s.

The photo in the OP was originally published by a non-liberal trying to make a cheap point about cross-dressing and the burka, but it backfired and rightly so.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 22:46
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

What do you think?
    I think it's sad that we've come so far and yet these things still go viral. If you get what I mean.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 22:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 22:54
    If "the world liberals want" is diversity, then you (assuming you see yourself as a "liberal" in this context, already have it. The issue I have with this flavour of liberalism is that it's roots are in the same wishy-washy ideology of the love and peace era of the 1960s.

The photo in the OP was originally published by a non-liberal trying to make a cheap point about cross-dressing and the burka, but it backfired and rightly so.
    Wishy washy sixties?
    I thought that was the era trump was referring to when he said 'make America great again'...
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 23:38

Yeah, and thanks for explaining it to the little girl who had no idea what it meant.

/eyeroll
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 02:19
    Originally posted by karoly aczelI think it's sad that we've come so far and yet these things still go viral. If you get what I mean.
    People are shallow. That isn't news. These boards, we are the cream. uh-oh
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 02:25
    Originally posted by divegeester... the same wishy-washy ideology of the love and peace era of the 1960s. ...
    Someone's heart got broke and has yet to recover.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 02:30
    Originally posted by apathist
    Someone's heart got broke and has yet to recover.
    Funny,ha....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree