1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 20:07
    @divegeester said
    Yes he did. Read around the subject, inform yourself.

You’ll get no more detailed posts from me after my last one in the other thread.
    Give me a quote.
    You cannot.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 20:10
    @chaney3 said
    Give me a quote.
    You cannot.
    It’s all there, I’m not wasting anymore of my insights on your education. All you do is trample the good stuff people give you while you run around the room from parent to parent demanding “why”.

You are a child.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 20:16
    @divegeester said
    It’s all there, I’m not wasting anymore of my insights on your education. All you do is trample the good stuff people give you while you run around the room from parent to parent demanding “why”.

You are a child.
    Jesus never said He was God.

Keep your immaturity to yourself.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 20:23
    @chaney3 said
    Jesus never said He was God.

Keep your immaturity to yourself.
    Yes he did. Read around the subject chaney3.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 20:27
    @divegeester said
    Yes he did. Read around the subject chaney3.
    No He didn't.

Otherwise Jews and JW's would be convinced.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 20:31
    @chaney3 said
    No He didn't.

Jesus raised people from the dead and that didn't convince some. What makes you
    think a few words would do it?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 20:36
    @chaney3 said
    No He didn't.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 21:143 edits
    @chaney3

Son of God does NOT mean God.

It is important to see what God says about the Son of God - #1
    It is important to see what the Son of God says about Himself - #2.
    It is important to see what the apostles said about the Son of God - #3.

Also it is important to see what your own conscience says about the Son of God once you receive Him.

1.) What God says about the Son of God (through the prophet Isaiah:
    For a child is born to us, A Son is given to us; And the government is upon His shoulder;

And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor,
    Mighty God.Eternal Father,
    Prince of Peace.

To the increase of His government And to His peace there is no end,
    Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, ..." (see Isaiah 9:6)

The [b]child ... born
    is called Mighty God.
    the Son ... given will be called Eternal Father.
    "But of the Son, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of exultant joy above Your partners"; ... " (Hebrews 1:8,9)

To the Son ... "Your throne O God"... "God, Your God".

2.) What the Son of God says about Himself:
    The Jews then said to Him, You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?
    Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came into being, I am.

So they picked up stones to throw at Him, ..." (See John 8:57-59)

Jesus definitely identified Himself as the unique "I AM" who appeared to Moses in the burning bush in Exodus saying that Moses should tell the Israelites "I AM" has sent Moses to them.
    "Then Moses said to God, If I come to the children of Israel and say to them, The God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they say to me, What is His name? what shall I say to them?

And God said to Moses, [b]I AM WHO I AM.
    And He said, Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you." (Exodus 3:13-14)

3.) It is important to see what the Apostles said about the Son of God.
    "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)
    "And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us (and we beheld His glory, glory as of the Only Begotten from the Father), full of grace and reality." (v.14)

"Then He said t Thomas, Bring your fingers here and see My hands, and bring your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.

Thomas answered and said to Him, My Lord and my God!

Jesus said to him, Because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed." (John 20:27-29)

"Simon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ ... in the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: ..." ( 2 Pet. 1:1)

"Awaiting the blessed hope, even the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ." (Titus 2:13) [/quote]

To those who receive Jesus Christ, they can tell no experiential difference or separation between Christ the Son in them and God the Father in them.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 21:36
    Literal vs. Metaphor

Jesus never said He was God, in a clear way. Only metaphors, which we now exclude.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 22:221 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Jesus raised people from the dead and that didn't convince some. What makes you
    think a few words would do it?
    What makes you think a few words saying he raised people from the dead means he did?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 23:041 edit
    @chaney3

Jesus never said He was God, in a clear way. Only metaphors, which we now exclude.

He did say it. But He did not say it in a way that meant that He was not ALSO a man.

He is the mingling of God and man.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 23:202 edits

Do you believe that Yahweh in Isaiah was the First and the Last (Isa. 44:6; 48:12) ?
    Do you believe then the Jesus is ANOTHER "the First and the Last" (Rev. 1:18)[/b] ?

Isaiah 44:6
    Thus says Jehovah the King of Israel; And his Redeemer, Jehovah of hosts.
    I am the First and I am the Last, And apart from Me there is no God.

Rev. 1:18
    And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead; and He placed His right hand on me, saying,

Do not fear; I am the First and the Last , and the living One, and I became dead, and behold, I am living forever and ever.

How can you prove to me that one of these two passages is speaking in metaphor and the other is not?

How can you prove to me that one is a clear declaration of God being the First and the Last but the other is not ?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 23:591 edit
    @chaney3 said
    Literal vs. Metaphor

Correction, metaphors are not something we exclude and on top of that when Jesus
    said things like, "I am" He was being very clear who He was, and He was also being
    very clear when He claimed to be the Son of God. Which by the way does mean
    God.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 00:01
    @fmf said
    What makes you think a few words saying he raised people from the dead means he did?
    I'm not sure what you are asking please rephrase your question.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 00:04
    @chaney3 said
    Literal vs. Metaphor

You should study the Old Testament to understand the New Testament, you are
    not grasping the nuances found in the New without knowledge of the Old.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree