Moves
    05 Jun '09 16:282 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    here is a song for you my friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nmCUagw-98&feature=related

be something you love and understand!

regards robbie.
    Robbie,

Have you ever asked the Lord Jesus to come into your heart ? Have you ever asked Him that you would be cleansed in the blood of Jesus from all of your sins ?

Why not if not? Has someone made you afraid that you might offend God Almighty if you pray that way ?

How about this then? Have you asked the Father to forgive all of your sins in the name of Jesus Christ ?

Do you have the confidence that the Father has done so ? Or are you not sure ?

When I came to Jesus "the peace of Christ which passes everyman's understanding" settled this matter once and for all. I knew that I was saved from eternal judgment.

Why do you think it is humble to be filled with doubt about your salvation ?
  3. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 08:44
    Please, let us not forget Robbie claimed that he is" the chosen one".

jaywill, like you, I have tried many times explaining to people God's way. Some listen (1😵 some don't (99😵 which is ok, but then you get "those people" (the ones that are sarcastic, rude etc like .... you know who they are) to which it doesn't help wasting your time talking to them, as their leaves does not grow right up to the top branch if you know what I mean.

I wasn't strong enough to keep handling the personal critics and war that went on, if you are, good luck.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 08:50
    good luck
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 09:024 edits
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Please, let us not forget Robbie claimed that he is" the chosen one".

jaywill, like you, I have tried many times explaining to people God's way. Some listen (1😵 some don't (99😵 which is ok, but then you get "those people" (the ones that are sarcastic, rude etc like .... you know who they are) to which it doesn't help wasting your time talking to them, nough to keep handling the personal critics and war that went on, if you are, good luck.
    its hardly a Christ like attitude is it, oh by the way, you are not worthy for me to condescend to impart my pearls of wisdom to you. Did Christ come to save righteous men, or sinners? and now because we have a different theology from you we are a waste of time, well thank you Jesus for your time!

I like that song and there are some good sentiments in it!

and the reference to being the chosen one is said in jest, remember that, the sound of laughter? and in each and every case, when the battle has reached its zenith, and when things have been said out of turn, who has the honesty and humility to apologise?

i shall let you in on a little private conversation my friend, for i think that you may profit be it. I received a private mail from someone two days ago, it was as follows.

crissyb, 'I would like to apologise for my absolute rudeness in response to your post in the rugby league forum. It was uncalled for and for that i am truly sorry.'

robbie carrobie, 'do not worry a moment longer about this my friend, we all regret saying things, we are imperfect and cannot help making mistakes, so i thankyou for your concern but please relax, it is life - kind regards robbie.'

any of this getting through?
  6. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 09:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its hardly a Christ like attitude is it, oh by the way, you are not worthy for me to condescend to impart my pearls of wisdom to you. Did Christ come to save righteous men, or sinners? and now because we have a different theology from you we are a waste of time, well thank you Jesus for your time!

I like that song and there are some good sentime ...[text shortened]... and the reference to being the chosen one is said in jest, remember that, the sound of laughter?
    My attitude is of that I will not stand down of people mocking God in any way. Please don't put words in my mouth I never said. I said he would be wasting his time talking to people who are the sarcastic, rude etc ones. He could rather spend time to people who has manners, that way, talking is possible and all the personal stuff is left behind.

Having a different theology than us does not give you the right to say what you want and expect us to keep quite. If we cant respect each other Robbie that is where I draw the line.

Everybody wants everybody to understand, it just talking, swearing, critics, sarcasm, fights and war everywhere, but no one really listens and responds in a respectful way, cause most of us (meaning :like you, like me) are all selfish in a certain way.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 09:584 edits
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    My attitude is of that I will not stand down of people mocking God in any way. Please don't put words in my mouth I never said. I said he would be wasting his time talking to people who are the sarcastic, rude etc ones. He could rather spend time to people who has manners, that way, talking is possible and all the personal stuff is left behind.

Having a ...[text shortened]... respectful way, cause most of us (meaning :like you, like me) are all selfish in a certain way.
    yes but your post was aimed at those individuals whom you deem to be sarcastic, flippant, facetious, ingrates etc etc, which i think you will agree, is something quite different from mocking God, himself, is it not? perhaps i misunderstood you, it is entirely possible. the point i was trying to make, is that everyone at some point has made a mistake, is it not the case? Jaywill has said things out of turn, and profusely apologised, we are in a state of imperfection, it happens.

yes you are entirely correct it does not give us the prerogative to say what we should like, but it is the real test of a spiritual man, a "man of God", if you like, who can ignore these things to the best of his ability, and when someone does say something out of turn, he can forgive and forget for he knows has often done the same himself, its not a license to say anything we like, but it surely helps to impute pure motives to someone (love believes all things)", and then to forgive them when they err, is it not? what did the Christ say, if we love those who show love to us, of what benefit is it, for even the persons of the nations are doing the same.

the ego should certainly be left side, for when it is provoked, it lacks balance and is liable to implode in on itself, and thus our personalities get hijacked, its not that we mean it, it just happens. in fact there is a great Bible verse which illustrates this, i will try to find it, but it will be difficult for i read an explanation of a verse somewhere, but cannot remember where

it is a pity that you let the cut and the thrust of the forum get to you, i initially felt the same, but i came back for i felt that i could , if not always agree, at least glean some things from others, which i am glad that i have, and not all from Christians i hasten to add, and perhaps even shed some light on one or two things in my own way, and maybe have a little fun as well, who knows 🙂
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 12:46
    I am sorry but I didn't hear the song. I don't know why someone would open an entire discussion around some song that I should hear.

And I am happy if people would take the time to think and pray about the truths I present.

In my own receiving of Jesus, it took a long time from the time people first spoke with me. By God's mercy He granted me the ability to believe into Christ.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 13:21
    Okay, Robbie,

I took the time to listen to your song "Be a Simple Kind of Man".

I take it that you are fond of the song.

And curtesy compels me to say "thanks".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree