1. Blighty
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 00:31
    .... in which book of the New Testiment does Jesus rise from the dead? Or is the story told in lots of books, but from different points of view?

Thanks
    P
  2. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 00:34
    Originally posted by surtism
    .... in which book of the New Testiment does Jesus rise from the dead? Or is the story told in lots of books, but from different points of view?

Thanks
    P
    All 4 of the Gospels. Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 00:461 edit

Thanks
    P
    In all 27 books of the New Testament Jesus is alive, available and present as the writer writes.

Not all of them mention the resurrection per se. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corithians, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, Hebrews, Revelation, Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians, etc.

It might be easier to find out which ones do not mention His resurrection.
  4. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 00:54
    Originally posted by jaywill
    In all 27 books of the New Testament Jesus is alive, available and present as the writer writes.

Not all of them mention the resurrection per se. [b]Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corithians, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, Hebrews, Revelation, Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians, etc.

It might be easier to find out which ones do not mention His resurrection.[/b]
    good point.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 01:08
    Originally posted by chappy1
    good point.
    So was yours.
  6. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 01:11
    Originally posted by jaywill
    So was yours.
    Thank you. Isn't it true that the actual story of the resurrection appears only in the Gospels? The other books talk about it and refer to it frequently but the Gospels are the only ones that recreate the entrie story from beginning to end.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 01:20

Thanks
    P
    I think a good pop-up book is what you are looking for. Seems like the best way to capture the resurrection in all its glory. Imagine opening the page and there's Jesus rising up from the pulpy substrate.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 01:21
    Thank you. Isn't it true that the actual story of the resurrection appears only in the Gospels? The other books talk about it and refer to it frequently but the Gospels are the only ones that recreate the entrie story from beginning to end.
    Yes.

The epistles really do more to connect the resurrection with our daily everyday experience.
  9. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 01:25
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    I think a good pop-up book is what you are looking for. Seems like the best way to capture the resurrection in all its glory. Imagine opening the page and there's Jesus rising up from the pulpy substrate.
    Mock all you want. Facts are facts.
  10. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 05:49
    Reading the Book of John first before Matthew, Mark, and Luke makes it easy to take in the other three books; at least it did for me.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 05:51
    Facts are facts.
    Wouldn't your definition of "fact" allow anybody to declare anything a fact?
  12. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 06:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wouldn't your definition of "fact" allow anybody to declare anything a fact?
    Would you definition of homosexuality allow you to aswer my question: Are you gay?...I'm seriously curious...
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 06:07
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Would you definition of homosexuality allow you to aswer my question: Are you gay?...I'm seriously curious...
    Is this God speaking to me here, through His self-appointed messenger? Is this the kind of line of questioning God uses to try to hurt a person's feelings?

Talk about hardball! Wow.
  14. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 06:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is this God speaking to me here, through His self-appointed messenger? Is this the kind of line of questioning God uses to try to hurt a person's feelings?

Talk about hardball! Wow.
    Well, yeah, sometimes God does ask one if he or she is gay, but God already knows what the answer is, but He want the one in question to fess-up and answer the question: Are you gay?!!!
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 06:12
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Well, yeah, sometimes God does ask one if he or she is gay, but God already knows what the answer is, but He want the one in question to fess-up and answer the question: Are you gay?!!!
    Is this a part of your Christian Ministry on these forums?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree