1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 10:32
    I'm not certain if our two absent JWs are down in Melbourne being re-programmed at the JW international conference this month:

http://www.etihadstadium.com.au/news/article/international-convention-of-jehovahs-witnesses

But it looks as though the corporation is up to it's old tricks again:

https://jwleaks.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/2-press-release-jehovahs-witnesses-convention-melbourne-australia.pdf

"A special needs child has been prevented from attending the religious event by the refusal of the Jehovah’s Witnesses and their administrative corporation, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia, to accommodate any potential emergency health needs of the child.

Allegations have been made that the child has been discriminated against on the basis of her emergency medical needs. Despite efforts by Melbourne Stadiums Limited (MSL), the operators of Etihad Stadium, the Jehovah’s Witness event organisers refused to help the child to attend.

The father plans to lodge a discrimination complaint with the Human Rights Commissioner on behalf of his daughter against the organisers of the Jehovah’s Witnesses International Convention at Etihad Stadium.
    “If I can’t find a lawyer to represent my little girl in this complaint then I will lodge it myself. Children should not be discriminated against because of their disabilities or medical needs,” the father stated."
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 10:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm not certain if our two absent JWs are down in Melbourne being re-programmed at the JW international conference this month:

http://www.etihadstadium.com.au/news/article/international-convention-of-jehovahs-witnesses

https://jwleaks.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/2-press-relea ...[text shortened]... e discriminated against because of their disabilities or medical needs,” the father stated."[/i]
    as much as enjoy dissing on the jws, this article is a case of some douchebag organizer being a douchebag.

this isn't a flaw of the organization, it is one or more humans being insensitive and refusing to provide minimal assistance.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 10:50
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    as much as enjoy dissing on the jws, this article is a case of some douchebag organizer being a douchebag.

this isn't a flaw of the organization, it is one or more humans being insensitive and refusing to provide minimal assistance.
    It probably boils down to those people not wanting to spend the money needed for the protection of that child. Douchebags for sure.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 12:24

Are you suggesting the organisers are not part of the JW organisation? Those placed in authority are the representatives of the organisation itself. This is an international conference and the JW leadership are accountable for the accessibility of all participants.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 12:30
    Are you suggesting the organisers are not part of the JW organisation? Those placed in authority are the representatives of the organisation itself. This is an international conference and the JW leadership are accountable for the accessibility of all participants.
    no, i don't subscribe to "X is a part of organization Y, X did a bad thing therefore Y is bad".

"This is an international conference and the JW leadership are accountable for the accessibility of all participants"
    and before knowing the official stance of the organization, further discussion is impossible. i really don't want to read your link again, did that man discuss directly to the grand poobah of the jws? or did he talked to some scared peon who wouldn't wipe his ass without written consent?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 12:31
    What do you hope to accomplish with this post? Showing how evil JW's are? Doesn't that put you in the same boat as shia attacking Sunni? Baptists attacking Methodists? Exactly what is to be gained by such attacks?

Of course there are bad people in all religions. What is there about JW that riles you up?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 12:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Exactly what is to be gained by such attacks?
    Reflection ~ acknowledgement ~ resolution ~ decision ~ action ~ change ~ perhaps? What is to be gained by such attacks as the ones you mount here on this forum day in day out?
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 13:12
    What do you hope to accomplish with this post? Showing how evil JW's are? Doesn't that put you in the same boat as shia attacking Sunni? Baptists attacking Methodists? Exactly what is to be gained by such attacks?

Of course there are bad people in all religions. What is there about JW that riles you up?
    "What is there about JW that riles you up?"
    plenty. but that is not the issue here.

the issue here is to prove the actions of a few members of an organization are reflective of the organization's view. this has yet to be proven.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 13:201 edit
    What do you hope to accomplish with this post?
    What do you hope to achieve with all your low-brow anti-religion rants sonhouse?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 13:22
    What is there about JW that riles you up?
    nothing about them "riles". The JW corporation has a plethora of beliefs which I am opposed to.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 13:23
    no, i don't subscribe to "X is a part of organization Y, X did a bad thing therefore Y is bad".
    That isn't what i said is it. I said that the organisers are the JW leadership and they are therefore accountable for the organisation.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 13:40
    That isn't what i said is it. I said that the organisers are the JW leadership and they are therefore accountable for the organisation.
    did you ignore what i said? did the organizers personally dismissed a request (that was probably among thousands) ? was it malice or simply carelessness involved? can you understand that right now we only have the father's account of the issue?

and no, what leadership does doesn't necessary reflect the views of the organization.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 13:56
    "What is there about JW that riles you up?"
    plenty. but that is not the issue here.

the issue here is to prove the actions of a few members of an organization are reflective of the organization's view. this has yet to be proven.
    It will probably boil down to one skinflint executive and nothing to do with religion. just another assshole with power.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 13:59
    It will probably boil down to one skinflint executive and nothing to do with religion. just another assshole with power.
    that's what i am trying to suggest to dive to be a likely explanation.

or even more likely, one peon among many processing thousands of requests and afraid to make a decision outside of his/her instructions.

there is plenty wrong with the jws, but crying wolf doesn't help
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 14:50

https://jwleaks.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/2-press-relea ...[text shortened]... e discriminated against because of their disabilities or medical needs,” the father stated."[/i]
    Why the relentless attacks on the JW's? I don't agree with a lot of there doctrine, but as a believer in Jesus Christ... I see no need to castigate them or the organization at every turn. Also, do not see the need to do that with those that don't believe.

I know you claim to be a Christian, is there nothing in your belief system that teaches you how to be with others? Believers or not?

... Just wondering

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree