1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 14:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That isn't what i said is it. I said that the organisers are the JW leadership and they are therefore accountable for the organisation.
    Would you have brought this issue up if it had been your particular version of Christianity that this had happened?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 16:521 edit
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Why the relentless attacks on the JW's?
    Why the "relentless attacks" on Christians generally? Why the "relentless attacks" on atheists by Christians? Why the "relentless attacks" on Christians by atheists ? Why the "relentless attacks" by Christians on Christians?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 19:03
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Why the relentless attacks on the JW's? I don't agree with a lot of there doctrine, but as a believer in Jesus Christ... I see no need to castigate them or the organization at every turn. Also, do not see the need to do that with those that don't believe.

I know you claim to be a Christian, is there nothing in your belief system that teaches you how to be with others? Believers or not?

... Just wondering
    This is the first JW thread I've started in months and months. Hardly "relentless".

I guess we will have to see how this pans out in court as the father is taking legal action, but I have an incling there is more to this than an idiot organiser stopping a disabled person at the door. You may not be aware that other cults take a very discriminatory view of disabled people - the Mormons for instance do not accept that a mentally handicapped person can be "saved".

I accept that I may be wrong on this one, but there is a significant amount of media on it this week and I noticed it. If I'm wrong I will apologise.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 19:052 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Would you have brought this issue up if it had been your particular version of Christianity that this had happened?
    I don't have a particular version of Christianity sonhouse.

I make no bones about my critic of organised religion and in particular to this forum, the Jehovah's witnesses.

I think you calling me on it is intellectually hypocritical, but I don't mind you doing so .

🙂
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 20:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why the "relentless attacks" on Christians generally? Why the "relentless attacks" on atheists by Christians? Why the "relentless attacks" on Christians by atheists ? Why the "relentless attacks" by Christians on Christians?
    yes, why?... now that you mentioned it.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 00:24
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    there is plenty wrong with the jws, but crying wolf doesn't help
    What? Where? Who called? 😲
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 00:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why the relentless attack on my castled king? Why?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 08:55
    This is the first JW thread I've started in months and months. Hardly "relentless".

I guess we will have to see how this pans out in court as the father is taking legal action, but I have an incling there is more to this than an idiot organiser stopping a disabled person at the door. You may not be aware that other cults take a very discriminatory vie ...[text shortened]... s a significant amount of media on it this week and I noticed it. If I'm wrong I will apologise.
    Bump for yoctobyte.
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 00:59
    Proverbs 18:13 says, "When anyone one replies to a matter before he hers the facts, it is foolish and humiliating."
    We don't know the facts.
    For example, could it be that the girl has Ebola?
    Not saying she does but there could be extenuating circumstances.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 01:25
    Originally posted by roigam
    Proverbs 18:13 says, "When anyone one replies to a matter before he hers the facts, it is foolish and humiliating."
    We don't know the facts.
    What reason would the JW corporation have had for keeping the fact the disabled girl had contracted Ebola secret?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 08:01
    We don't know the facts.
    Thank you for the passive agressive swipe calling me foolish. I would respect you more if you actually had the courage to click "reply and quote" instead of sort of slipping this little jab in under the covers so to speak.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 15:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because it's so much FUN🙂
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 04:19
    Thank you for the passive agressive swipe calling me foolish. I would respect you more if you actually had the courage to click "reply and quote" instead of sort of slipping this little jab in under the covers so to speak.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to leave you out. The statement was for the benefit of all of us because we don't know the facts of the case and can't judge what happened without them. We should follow the principle Jesus stated. "Judge not lest ye be judged." Wouldn't you agree?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 05:20
    nothing about them "riles". The JW corporation has a plethora of beliefs which I am opposed to.
    Then why don't you speak out against those beliefs. A plethora should give you a nice large target. So far, the story is simply one of a disabled person demanding access - something that is commonplace to almost all organizations. You could just as easily say that the JWs don't pay women equal pay for equal work - and you would probably be right.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 05:21
    Sorry, I didn't mean to leave you out. The statement was for the benefit of all of us because we don't know the facts of the case and can't judge what happened without them. We should follow the principle Jesus stated. "Judge not lest ye be judged." Wouldn't you agree?
    As an example of this thing of "we don't know the facts of the case and can't judge what happened without them", you cited the possibility that the girl had Ebola and implied that this might have been why she was excluded from the conference. What reason would the JW corporation have had for keeping secret the fact the she had contracted Ebola and that they were "the facts of the case"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree