1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 07:02
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Then why don't you speak out against those beliefs.
    I do, regularly. My general contention with the the JW organisation is in regard to their overt doctrines but also those behaviours with are more covert. I've recently posted proof about the leadership covering up child abuse within church for example. I felt there was more to this particular story than met the eye. They would not be the first religious organisation to discriminate against disabled people.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 07:13
    Originally posted by roigam
    Sorry, I didn't mean to leave you out. The statement was for the benefit of all of us because we don't know the facts of the case and can't judge what happened without them. We should follow the principle Jesus stated. "Judge not lest ye be judged." Wouldn't you agree?
    Interesting choice of words: "leave me out", when what you were trying to do was back-handedly single me out. I'm getting a lot of this at the moment from other alleged Christians, so you will no doubt excuse my forthrightness.

As for '"judging", do you think Jesus was suggesting all Christians switch off general cognitive differentiation when making decisions? Jesus also told to his followers to watch, discern and be wise. In my OP I am not "judging" and individual I am suggesting a religious corporation was at least negligent and callous. Perhaps it was a genuine mistake...really? Here they are organising a massive global conference (and not for the first time) and they neglect to make H&S provisions for the disabled causing at least one person to be expelled. Pretty naive at the very least.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 07:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I do, regularly. My general contention with the the JW organisation is in regard to their overt doctrines but also those behaviours with are more covert. I've recently posted proof about the leadership covering up child abuse within church for example. I felt there was more to this particular story than met the eye. They would not be the first religious organisation to discriminate against disabled people.
    Well until you can present us with the more, it seems you are simply being unnecessarily malicious.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 07:24
    Well until you can present us with the more, it seems you are simply being unnecessarily malicious.
    I agree that the account lacks sufficient further evidence and I should have realised it would be difficult to get that.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 07:30
    I agree that the account lacks sufficient further evidence and I should have realised it would be difficult to get that.
    Imagine you read the same story about a hacker convention and someone posted it here as evidence that hacker culture destroys peoples morals. Would you accept it? Would you accept the writers further explanation that he knows of hackers that released large amounts of personal information on the internet potentially putting people at risk?
  6. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 18:15
    Interesting choice of words: "leave me out", when what you were trying to do was back-handedly single me out. I'm getting a lot of this at the moment from other alleged Christians, so you will no doubt excuse my forthrightness.

As for '"judging", do you think Jesus was suggesting all Christians switch off general cognitive differentiation when making ...[text shortened]... ns for the disabled causing at least one person to be expelled. Pretty naive at the very least.
    Did they prevent you from attending? Then why worry about it?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 19:21
    Imagine you read the same story about a hacker convention and someone posted it here as evidence that hacker culture destroys peoples morals. Would you accept it? Would you accept the writers further explanation that he knows of hackers that released large amounts of personal information on the internet potentially putting people at risk?
    Yes, hands up and point taken. I have my own views on this story, but it was an unsubstantiated pitch which came across as a cheap shot.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 19:22
    Originally posted by roigam
    Did they prevent you from attending? Then why worry about it?
    Missing the point as much as this must take some significant effort.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree