1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 17:54
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    man, I wished I never had a "pulpy substance, no better than the trash on the side of a waste basket, known as a brain" EVER (carnal knowledge)! =p

I'm sorry, but "brain" and "spirituality", they do not mix well..
    No. Mind and spirituality mix perfectly in case one conducts the evaluation of the mind😡
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 22:431 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    name one person that would be interested?

(Perhaps you are waiting on a newbie, to take interest in your rant)

You say you dont care how you come off, because you are telling us truth whether we like it or not.
    C'mon man. Dont be daft!! Clearly no one is interested .
    I am interested in Vedanta, but i dont need you to tell me , I can just read i care not about ancient texts, no matter how much you say it is perfect truth.
    Lets move on.
    Did you not notice that I didn't quote scripture, and I have been using my own words above.

This is the spirituality forum correct, so i am discussing spirituality from the correct view point.

Are you disturbed that I dont accept the false teachings of the others....I dont know what your really staying here.
  3. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 16:581 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    This is the spirituality forum correct, so i am discussing spirituality from the correct view point.

Are you disturbed that I dont accept the false teachings of the others....I dont know what your really staying here.
    I think several of us have given you plenty of chances to communicate your ideals. A bit less of us have been more than accomodating and you've still been quite frank and rude about it.

This quoted part of your message is one of several reasons you do not get responses. You claim absolute truth by words alone. Your approach is no different then a lot of others' (it's true because it is). Everytime I have tried to be impartial and show you this but you just say that all other beliefs are distorted bits of reality. And you can't even see that your convictions are nothing but the same.

And another thing about the quoted part is that it is a very strong appeal to authority. You end discussions simply by saying that it's truth because God has done this. No one likes an appeal to authority (unless they don't like thinking for themselves) and I find it extremely offensive that you continually note others' ways as false after I've done nothing but shown the similarities of you being a pot calling the kettle black.

I could counteract everything you say by saying it's sourced from jesus christ. And if I simply stated that I only talk truth so I don't see the discrepancy, you would immediately see the flaws in the argument. This is the spirituality forum, correct, but you are NOT discussing it from the correct point of view. If you want to talk absolutes, I will talk absolutes with you. You have a lot of great stuff to say- cool reflections on spiritual life from the vedanta. A lot of rich wisdom and history in there, a lot of great applications. But it's B.S. There is too much human bias in it capturing people in their dogma much similar to our western fundamental religions. I am tired of you spreading this false stuff for our eyes to read and you don't accept the truth that everyone is trying to convey.

The forum should be a medium for us to communicate and indulge into others' beliefs, understand their foundations (why they believe it etc.) and whatever analysis that might naturally come by. Unfortunately, it gets tainted by people who cannot detach from what they hold so dearly (something too that you cannot see. You have told people to let go and open their eyes when you have been needing to do the same) and put so much emotional response and conviction its disgusting (fundamentalists/atheists the whole gang).

I think all of us chumps have it completely wrong. I also think we have it completely right. Truth in everything, but its hidden and lost through our interactions. If we tried, oh just a little bit harder, to listen to the other person and stop denying their beliefs and stop trying to shove ours in their head, we might actually gain some insight and enjoyment out of these forums.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 17:22
    Originally posted by ua41
    I think several of us have given you plenty of chances to communicate your ideals. A bit less of us have been more than accomodating and you've still been quite frank and rude about it.

This quoted part of your message is one of several reasons you do not get responses. You claim absolute truth by words alone. Your approach is no different then a lot of oth ...[text shortened]... their head, we might actually gain some insight and enjoyment out of these forums.
    Well said. I particularly like that last sentence:

"If we tried, oh just a little bit harder, to listen to the other person and stop denying their beliefs and stop trying to shove ours in their head, we might actually gain some insight and enjoyment out of these forums."
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 22:31
    Originally posted by ua41
    I think several of us have given you plenty of chances to communicate your ideals. A bit less of us have been more than accommodating and you've still been quite frank and rude about it.

This quoted part of your message is one of several reasons you do not get responses. You claim absolute truth by words alone. Your approach is no different then a lot of ot ...[text shortened]... their head, we might actually gain some insight and enjoyment out of these forums.
    You fail to understand my purpose for even being here in this forum, and I am here to show people where there teachings are wrong, because what is passed of as truth in this forum is nonsense, and this nonsense is being taught to the next generation.

Even the religious people are atheistic to a degree, because if their religion allows them to slaughter the cow and eat meat, then they are not religious at all. (there pretenders)

Atheists have nothing to offer, for their intelligence is defective because they are envious of God and will not submit to authority, but when authority of death grabs them around the throat, they will have to submit.

You want me to be fair and listen to what people are saying and I have done this, but they are saying nonsense so I am forced to respond and correct that.

We have Christians on one side saying we will go to hell, and on the other side we have the scientists who say we are all accidents.....I am not going to let this nonsense be accepted, and I will always speak out against it....forever.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 22:48
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    I will always speak out against it....forever.
    πŸ˜•

😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree