1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 21:24
    One of the first understandings to learn from Vedanta is, what is the " Real Self "

The body that we have is temporary and therefore an illusion, and for anything to be real it must be permanent.

The whole world is under the illusion that the body is the self, and a persons entire life is spent catering for the needs and wants of the body

A women in her life will spend between one hundred thousand and up to a million dollars to pamper her body with cosmetics, but it will do nothing to stop the onslaught of old age, disease and death.

A man will work out in the gym and jog thousands of kilometers in his life, to be attractive to the opposite sex, but it will not stop the onslaught of disease, old age and death.

When the body ages and gets sick, it becomes more and more disgusting and repulsive, and when it finally dies, we cant wait to dispose of it, by throwing it in a hole or burning it.

The body is made of energy (material energy) and the energy is never destroyed, but is recycled over and over, so one day your a young man, and before you know it, your a bag of worm eaten debris in the ground.

So this is the reality of this material condition, we call life, which is a struggle for existence and is full of suffering.

The teachings of Vedanta are perfect, and will never glamorize the factual conditions of existence in this material world.

The real self is permanent and eternal, without beginning or end, and there was never a time when the self didn't exist, the real self is spiritual energy and is dynamic, the spiritual self is actually a small piece of God, and is of the exact same quality of God, there is no difference except it is small and called marginal energy, because it may be overcome by the illusionary material energy.

When the soul is overcome by the illusionary material energy, it is said to be called conditioned life, and nearly everyone is suffering this conditioned life of false identity, thinking they are this material body, and are neglecting the purpose of life which is to live with the full awareness that the spiritual self is the real and actual person......
    and what a different life people would live, if they where fully aware of this truth, because people would not pursue material enjoyment as if it was the all in all, but would live a simple life of peace and harmony, while making endeavor to raise their consciousness to the platform of love of God.

When love of god is achieved, then the soul does not have to take birth in this world ever again

The spiritual energy may be called the soul or spirit or living entity or atma or jivatma or spiriton, and it is characterized by consciousness, awareness,cognition, free will, intelligence and desire.

The soul must be present for the body to be conceived, grow, reproduce and function in any way, and the senses will not function without the soul.

When we observe life, we are observing the presence of the soul, and it is so small, that Vedanta describes it as being 1/10000 of the tip of the finest hair.

Bhagavad Gita describes the soul as insoluble, unbreakable, unweatherable,unburnable,indestructible, infallible, full of knowledge and eternality and bliss.

The soul therefore can live and exist in any circumstances and conditions, as long as the material nature can offer the suitable ingredients and conditions for birth, then the soul will manifest life through any particular body.

This is why we can find life at the bottom of the sea, or in the hottest of places, or even in the polar caps.

The soul is you, and your consciousness and thinking and awareness, are symptoms of the presence of the spiritual soul.

Modern science is using all their resources to increase the conditioned life of the people, and misdirecting them away from the real purpose of life, by inventing so many silly things in the name of advancement, but real advancement is spiritual advancement, or advancing the cause of spiritual enlightenment and truth, for this will give the greatest benefit to all people, permanently
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 22:12
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    One of the first understandings to learn from Vedanta is, what is the " Real Self "

The body that we have is temporary and therefore an illusion, and for anything to be real it must be permanent.

The whole world is under the illusion that the body is the self, and a persons entire life is spent catering for the needs and wants of the body

A women ...[text shortened]... l enlightenment and truth, for this will give the greatest benefit to all people, permanently
    I can cope with you workdays, but Friday night is a danger zone for you buddy.
  3. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 22:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I can cope with you workdays, but Friday night is a danger zone for you buddy.
    Then read the name of the poster and leave it be and don't ruin your friday night 🙂

Vish, this lesson 2 post draws a lot of parallelisms with pantheism (and a lot of overlapping with general reincarnation ideals). Care to explain why you view this variation as an absolute truth?

Let me rephrase- if we could take the substance of this spiritual consciousness lesson 2 and agree on it (which I more or less do, probably not in the same directive manner, more abstractly), but come from two differing applications of it (dogma- Hinduism and whatever school of thought you would like to apply for me), would you still consider your spin on it as the only truth?

I just feel a lot of these revelations you're projecting is being unfairly pinpointed to one source. A lot of universal beliefs getting distorted through personal twists on it and all the other biases that get attached with it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 23:22
    Originally posted by ua41
    Then read the name of the poster and leave it be and don't ruin your friday night
    Thanks for that
  5. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 23:27
    Originally posted by ua41
    Then read the name of the poster and leave it be and don't ruin your friday night 🙂

Vish, this lesson 2 post draws a lot of parallelisms with pantheism (and a lot of overlapping with general reincarnation ideals). Care to explain why you view this variation as an absolute truth?

Let me rephrase- if we could take the substance of this spiritual con ...[text shortened]... ng distorted through personal twists on it and all the other biases that get attached with it.
    I have to definitely agree with this.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 02:291 edit
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    I have to definitely agree with this.
    So what, you are a frigging idiot, go spam elsewhere so we can get some conversation going.
  7. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 02:40
    So what, you are a frigging idiot, go spam elsewhere so we can get some conversation going.
    It's sad you belittle just HOW intelligent YOU actually are!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 02:42
    It's sad you belittle just HOW intelligent YOU actually are!
    Wipe the blood away so I feel better about hitting you again
  9. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 02:45
    Wipe the blood away so I feel better about hitting you again
    Please come visit me out here in Waikiki Honolulu, and maybe I'll restrain your ass on the ground, and kiss your forehead, and say "WTF, I love you, brother!"
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 02:482 edits
    Please come visit me out here in Waikiki Honolulu, and maybe I'll restrain your ass on the ground, and kiss your forehead, and say "WTF, I love you, brother!"
    Sure, while my army of ninja bottom-bandits seizes your rear enterprise and makes it their own.

BTW: The fact that you live on a small island in the middle of F*uck-all no-where land does not surprise me.
  11. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 02:49
    Sure, while my army of ninja bottom-bandits seizes your rear enterprise and makes it their own.

BTW: The fact that you live on a small island in the midle of F*uck-all no-where land does not surprise me.
    u r hysterical
  12. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 02:511 edit
    It's written in the Holy Bible where I would be of no establishment, until I overcome what I -shall- yo

Isaiah 41:1
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 02:52
    u r hysterical
    No, just tired reading the endless conveyor of crap that you and you half-wit middle earth nit-wit buddy visivectomey keep churning out.
  14. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 02:54
    No, just tired reading the endless conveyor of crap that you and you half-wit middle earth nit-wit buddy visivectomey keep churning out.
    You clearly show the flesh warring the spirit
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 02:59
    You clearly show the flesh warring the spirit
    Oh yeah, and wtf would you know about it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree