1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 14:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. And I don't want to know what you do for a living either.
    Why?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 14:141 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Why?
    Because in certain ways you embody the worst that the internet has to offer. I am not going give to you personal details. There are 25 or 30 friends of mine in this community who know what I do for a living and where I have lived etc. (I have actually met about 10 or 12 RHPers in person. I am never going to meet you.) I have no reason to tell you about myself in any detail. And I don't want to know any details about your working life either, for that matter. Why are you avoiding posting about "spiritual health", the topic?
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 14:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because in certain ways you embody the worst that the internet has to offer. I am not going give you personal details. There are 25 or 30 friends of mine in this community who know what I do for a living and where I have lived etc. (I have actually met about 10 or 12 RHPers in person. I am never going to meet you.) I have no reason to tell you about myself in an ...[text shortened]... fe either, for that matter. Why are you avoiding posting about "spiritual health", the topic?
    When I put up a post and it goes of the topic into science babble.....do you also complain?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 14:24
    When I put up a post and it goes of the topic into science babble.....do you also complain?
    Do you have anything further to say about "spiritual health"?
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 14:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you have anything further to say about "spiritual health"?
    Yes plenty...............but Iam off to bed.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 15:031 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Let's use "spiritual" here in a generic sense, and not as it relates to any god or religion. This is a completely humanistic approach. No direct references to "divine inspiration". Please!

The reason I bring this up is because of another thread where an individual is discussed.

"Spiritual health". The whole person. What constitutes a spiritually healt arisons between good and bad. Things that make a person either well or ill spiritually.
    There can be no spiritual health while killing animals.

Animal slaughter separates us from understanding and loving God.

While every living thing is eternally spiritual and that can never change - the act of animal slaughter separates us from ever gaining true understanding of ourselves and God.

Also to learn about true spirituality one must embrace true authority (the Vedas) or they will simply be speculating and fabricating.

The idea that you can invent your own path or style of religion is bogus and is only meant to cheat you.

False religion cannot help your understanding - and any religion that supports animal slaughter is bogus as confirmed by the authority the Vedas.

For true spiritual health one must take instruction from the authority the Vedas and learn how to purify the conditioned mind to develop love for God.

Without purifying the mind heart and senses by devotional service to Lord Krsna - there is absolutely no chance to develop your spiritual health and go back home to Godhead.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 15:27
    Have you simply not met any spiritual people who are not vegetarians? I have. Plenty. I am not talking about your definition of "spiritual". I am talking about the conventional definition of "spiritual".
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 17:44

Animal slaughter separates us from understanding and loving God.

While every living thing is eternally spiritual and that can never change - the act of animal slaughter separates us from ever gaining true understanding of ourselves and God.

Also to learn about true spirituality one must embrace tr ...[text shortened]... na - there is absolutely no chance to develop your spiritual health and go back home to Godhead.
    Dasa -- suppose you entered a room with 100 people, eating dinner - (and assume the dinner was completely vegetarian)

Just by observing these people, you had to pick out 5 from this group who were the most spiritually healthy.

What types of behavior would most impress you? What types of behavior would least impress you?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 20:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have you simply not met any spiritual people who are not vegetarians? I have. Plenty. I am not talking about your definition of "spiritual". I am talking about the conventional definition of "spiritual".
    I am not interested or either is the authority (Veda) in mundane conventional spirituality meant to cheat the people.

The Veda is teaching what is true spirituality - and not pseudo spirituality expressed in false religions like Christianity and Islam.

False religion cannot advance the spiritual health of anyone.

Vegetarianism is useless unless one is embracing true religion as well.

The elephants are vegetarian and they are not understanding God.

True spirituality is not about vegetarianism....but vegetarianism is a consequence of following true religion.

A very important consequence - and a consequence that only develops within a person when they follow true religion.

This consequence does not develop in a person who follows false religion because false religion teach that the animals do not have souls.

Every living thing lives - because of the presence of the soul.

The soul is the life force.

The material body is chemicals - and chemicals are not living.

False religion/spirituality does not know these simple facts - because they have been fabricated by cheaters and meat eaters.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 21:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Everyone is spiritual.

The atheists and everyone are eternally spiritual because they are the soul and not the body.

But being a soul and behaving like an animal are two different things.

We choose our behaviour.

But if you have no knowledge then you will always choose incorrectly.

People must educate themselves in true spirituality and reject false religion.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 23:44
    Dasa, comparing me - or anyone else - to an animal does not work. I am not a "cheater". I don't accept your subjective assertions about the meaning of "true" in terms of your own beliefs, ideology and chosen dogma. I am appalled by the effect these things have had on your online persona and I don't seek to emulate you. I am not interested in your views on vegetarianism beyond the fact that you seem to use it as an excuse to insult people and accuse them of lying, or being "dishonest" as you put it. And I am not a religionist. It's interesting that you admit that you are not interested in "conventional spirituality" as this is seems to be the key to your terrible interpersonal communication problems on this Spirituality Forum.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 00:11
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Spiritual comes from spirit.

Spirit is synonymous with the soul.

Spirit is NOT synonomous with soul.
    But I respect the restrictions of the thread. And we were asked not to refer to the Bible (in so many words, it certainly included the Bible).

Without the Bible there is no way, no way that I would know that spirit and soul are ...[text shortened]... to, I don't think we could realize that the human soul and the human spirit are not identical.
    He calls the Vedas "the authority". This is what you're up against here.

How could he possibly ignore as the authority a book filled to the brim with the wisdom of God, in favor of a rambling story book with no point? But he does, and that is why he does not understand.
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 00:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    He calls the Vedas "the authority". This is what you're up against here.

How could he possibly ignore as the authority a book filled to the brim with the wisdom of God, in favor of a rambling story book with no point? But he does, and that is why he does not understand.
    The Bible was invented only recently by the meat eaters for the meat eaters.

It could never be an authority when it supports the slaughter of Gods creatures.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 00:27

It could never be an authority when it supports the slaughter of Gods creatures.
    You are the most dishonest poster I've ever read.
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 01:25

you really don't mind meat eaters. it's the cow eaters you have a 'beef' with. you worship a cow, they eat it. every hamburger must be an insult spear thrust at the heart of your religion.

strange though, before the vedic people worshiped cows, they sacrificed them and ate them, along with a host of other "god's creatures."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree