1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 14:47
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Your comments were not genuine and you were being sarcastic.
    Nope. My questions are posed in good faith and are genuine, Dasa.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 14:561 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Nope. My questions are posed in good faith and are genuine, Dasa.
    FMF because of your rejection of authority, spiritual principles, spiritual truths, universal truths, common sense and your manipulative word jugglery tactics you are an atheist.

You are in this forum as a theist but in truth you are simply an atheist.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 14:58
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    This is a reply from me the polite person that you have called me once.
    Let me stay polite on RHP for ever.
    Yes I did call you polite once, but then when we discussed spiritual matters a bit, you turned peculiarly condescending almost straight away, questioning my "depth" and what you called my lack of "curiosity" and "imagination". Even before you really knew anything. A bit like Dasa does, if you'll forgive me for saying. You then just ignored my polite posts in response. I found all this all rather fascinating, with you assuming there was something wrong with me, for disagreeing with you, and saying so straight off the bat, and yet when I paid a little more attention to your posts I started to realize that many of them were rather dim and plodding, frequently backpeddling from dreary little cliches or assertions, and generally not impressive at all. And oddly defensive too. I got to wondering what on Earth made you feel capable of or justified in condescending others. Quite baffling, I must say. I say all this in the spirit of the community we have here. No offence intended.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 15:04
    FMF because of your rejection of authority, spiritual principles, spiritual truths, universal truths, common sense and your manipulative word jugglery tactics you are an atheist.
    You may disagree, butI think the problem is with you, Dasa, not me. Your insults don't work because it's you who gets upset and then you grow increasingly abusive, time and time again. You don't seem to get the difference between subjectivity and objectivity, and this, combined with your poor communication and interpersonal skills, and your rather strange sense of self-anointment, just seems to alienate people from your belief system and makes you a target of derision.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 15:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    You may disagree, butI think the problem is with you, Dasa, not me. Your insults don't work because it's you who gets upset and then you grow increasingly abusive, time and time again. You don't seem to get the difference between subjectivity and objectivity, and this, combined with your poor communication and interpersonal skills, and your rather strange sense ...[text shortened]... nt, just seems to alienate people from your belief system and makes you a target of derision.
    You may truly believe you are a theist - but your posts do not support theism at all.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 15:12
    You may truly believe you are a theist - but your posts do not support theism at all.
    Well, the thing is, Dasa, just like with the words "true" and "honest", you don't get to re-define "theist" in your own self-serving way.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 15:30
    Aim of all search for spiritual freedom is to realize God.
    So it is your claim that one must be 'free' in order to realize God.

So why would one want to 'realize God'?
  8. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 16:31
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So it is your claim that one must be 'free' in order to realize God.

So why would one want to 'realize God'?
    Why not.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 17:05
    Originally posted by buckky
    Why not.
    How can I answer that until someone has explained to me why one would?
  10. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 18:41
    Unless one feels at least just a tiny bit of love for God,who resides in oneself,how can one be motivated to travel on that path? There is no need or compulsion to realize God,although in my religion,realization of God is the noblest aim of one's life. For this, one must make oneself free from the 3 thirsts: attachment to money,to sensual pleasures,to love of being held in respect by others. If one disciplines oneself on these lines,freedom from dualisms follows and then one realizes God. But in Hindus,it is left to oneself-whether to go that way or not.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 19:12
    Unless one feels at least just a tiny bit of love for God,who resides in oneself,how can one be motivated to travel on that path?
    I have no idea, thats why I asked. You seem to always talk as if it is obvious to all that it is desirable to be free of emotion and to be in touch with God, but I do not find it obvious.

There is no need or compulsion to realize God,although in my religion,realization of God is the noblest aim of one's life.
    So you do it purely for religious purposes? And you follow your religion why? For cultural reasons? Its what people where you come from do?
  12. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:05
    Well many people claim to have had an experience of God that is more than enjoyable. Some say it is the goal of mankind to find God. Do you have no curiousity about you ? Don't you want to know what is beyond your present stage of knowing ? It's exciting to be on the adventure.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:46
    Sex outside of marriage is illicit sex ...........and when married only sex for procreation.

Persons who have not raised their consciousness will have difficulty maintaining this requirement so one must become serious in their spiritual life.

Jesus said we cannot serve two masters.

Without being a serious student love of God will not develop.
    Marriage, as in Christian marriage?
  14. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 21:16
    Unless one feels at least just a tiny bit of love for God,who resides in oneself,how can one be motivated to travel on that path? There is no need or compulsion to realize God,although in my religion,realization of God is the noblest aim of one's life. For this, one must make oneself free from the 3 thirsts: attachment to money,to sensual pleasures,to lov ...[text shortened]... s and then one realizes God. But in Hindus,it is left to oneself-whether to go that way or not.
    Is it too much to ask that while you're on your way to realising the "noblest aim of ... life" you could leave a space after your commas?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 21:24
    I have just finished saying that there are further instructions in the Veda about killing / not killing.

The instruction to not eat meat - also comes with a lengthy purport to explain that meat eating requires killing and that killing is forbidden and it then goes into details of killing.

Your constant fault finding mentality is just further dishonesty - and it displays your meagre intelligence.
    Eating plants is also killing. You kill bacteria in your body 24 hours a day. We live by killing. It is inherent in being human.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree