1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 22:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Marriage, as in Christian marriage?
    I don't know what you are meaning when you say Christian marriage.
  2. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 22:59
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Sex outside of marriage is illicit sex ...........and when married only sex for procreation.
    Your life must be very dull.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 23:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Eating plants is also killing. You kill bacteria in your body 24 hours a day. We live by killing. It is inherent in being human.
    This is true but when a person deliberately kills a sentient being - one who suckles their young - one who bleeds - one who experiences fear and pain - one who resists being killed - one who just eats grass and gives man nutritious milk then it is sinful - and no person has the right to end the life prematurely of any creature especially mother cow.

There is a great difference between a sentient being like mother cow and a potatoe.

Killing mother cow gives the greatest amount of bad karma higher than anything else.

During the First War of Independence in 1857, when Bahadur Shah ‘Zafar’ was installed as emperor by the Hindus in Delhi for a brief period, his Hindu prime minister, on the emperor’s proclamation, made cow killing a capital offence. In Maharaja Ranjit Singh’s kingdom, the only crime that invited capital punishment was cow slaughter.

If persons must eat rotting flesh then let them eat rats and cockroaches.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 23:43
    Originally posted by lausey
    Your life must be very dull.
    My life is not your life.

My consciousness is not your consciousness.

Persons who have raised their consciousness by the process of devotional service to the transcendental platform are fully aware of the purpose of receiving this human form.

The purpose for receiving this human form is to re-establish our forgotten relationship with God.

Everything not related to achieving this purpose is meaningless.

One should not be proud of sex which is even available to hogs, dogs, camels, asses, rats and cockroaches.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 23:55
    My life is not your life.

My consciousness is not your consciousness.
    And yet you insist that the choices you make are based on assertions that everybody must accept and you insult them by comparing them to "hogs, dogs, camels, asses, rats and cockroaches" when they differ from you or disagree.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 00:041 edit
    One should not be proud of sex which is even available to hogs, dogs, camels, asses, rats and cockroaches.
    It seems you do not realize that the human capacity for a spiritual bond between partners makes human sexual relations completely different from the sex-is-only-for-procreation type mating that your "hogs, dogs, camels, asses, rats and cockroaches" engage in.

It's a pity that your life experience has made you see spirituality in such severely restricted terms. The human spirit is something wonderful and seemingly almost boundless in its potential. That you cannot see this or have not experienced it with your wife, and choose instead to "spit on the thought of sex" with her and insult everyone whose spiritual and sexual partnerships are not as dysfunctional as yours is or are deeper than yours presumably ever was, for whatever physical, emotional or spiritual reasons that have affected you, is very saddening indeed.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 03:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    It seems you do not realize that the human capacity for a spiritual bond between partners makes human sexual relations completely different from the sex-is-only-for-procreation type mating that your "hogs, dogs, camels, asses, rats and cockroaches" engage in.

It's a pity that your life experience has made you see spirituality in such severely restricted term ...[text shortened]... physical, emotional or spiritual reasons that have affected you, is very saddening indeed.
    This pseudo hippy philosophy that sex is the ultimate act of spiritual love is actually the subtle shackles that binds one repeatedly to the cycle of birth and death in this temporary material world of suffering.

Person who have not raised their consciousness to the transcendental platform of love of God cannot understand this - and they worship sex which is even available to the rats and cockroaches.

Their worship of sex is simply an exhibition of ignorance.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 04:18
    This pseudo hippy philosophy that sex is the ultimate act of spiritual love is actually the subtle shackles that binds one repeatedly to the cycle of birth and death in this temporary material world of suffering.

Person who have not raised their consciousness to the transcendental platform of love of God cannot understand this - and they worship sex which is ...[text shortened]... lable to the rats and cockroaches.

Their worship of sex is simply an exhibition of ignorance.
    I understand that your belief system is different to mine. And I respect yours.

But I am not a hippy or even a pseudo hippy. I suspect you have some cardboard cutouts in mind anyway.

I didn't use the word "ultimate" or anything that means that. So if you could offer a retort that isn't just putting words in my mouth - especially when my word skills are pretty good as they are, and I always know exactly what I am saying and not saying - then that would lend an added integrity to your response.

As for your "...subtle shackles that binds one repeatedly to the cycle of birth and death in this temporary material world of suffering"... I have told you before, Dasa, my own spiritual mind map does not make me as jaundiced, nihilistic, condemning and sneering about my fellow humans as your belief system makes you.

So my positivity, optimism, zest for life, common decency, faith in human spirit and wonder at the joy of this life we live, with all its spiritual, emotional and intellectual possibilities, is unaffected by your ghastly, grinding negitivism and grotesque attempts to belittle, insult and trivilaize seemingly everybody, everywhere. Sorry, Dasa, your profoundly misanthropic harangues about the bestiality of mankind are in vain.

I never said anything about "worship of sex" so that little strawman on your part is a dud. Also, I really cannot take seriously pronouncements on the sexual dimension of human nature, and on marriage more generally, from a person on the internet who regularly talks about "spitting on the thought of sex" with his wife.

Your inability to listen or fairly consider what anybody is actually saying to you, and your resulting repeated attempts to bully them and abuse them with comparisons to "the rats and cockroaches" and the like, on a Spriituality Forum too!! are now well and truly beyond parody.

Your self-authorised, self-serving re-definitions of words like "ignorance", "honesty", "truth" and so on, no longer have any traction in these discussions because you have misued them too often, mostly in order to deliver your pitiful, sociopathic insults.

You once changed your name from Vishvahetu to Dasa, by making a special request to the web site's administrators. Why did you have to change your screen name, Dasa? Do you remember?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 05:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    I understand that your belief system is different to mine. And I respect yours.

But I am not a hippy or even a pseudo hippy. I suspect you have some cardboard cutouts in mind anyway.

I didn't use the word "ultimate" or anything that means that. So if you could offer a retort that isn't just putting words in my mouth - especially when my word skills are pre ...[text shortened]... strators. Why did you have to change your screen name, Dasa? Do you remember?
    You posted up the false quote "spitting at the thought of sex with his wife."

You know this quote is false and I have never said that - but you have posted it up anyway in an attempt to manipulate my comments.

In fact your entire post is just so much more word jugglery and manipulation.

Whilst you remain dishonest I cannot respond.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 05:22
    I don't know what you are meaning when you say Christian marriage.
    Liar.

How does lying fit into your karmic belief system, is it ok to lie?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 05:39
    Whilst you remain dishonest I cannot respond.
    Ah that word "dishonest" again. How convenient. I went point by point through your post, and you've given yourself permission to simply lash out and cop out. LOL. You are beyond parody, Dasa. 😀
  12. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 05:47
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have no idea, thats why I asked. You seem to always talk as if it is obvious to all that it is desirable to be free of emotion and to be in touch with God, but I do not find it obvious.

[b]There is no need or compulsion to realize God,although in my religion,realization of God is the noblest aim of one's life.

So you do it purely for religious p ...[text shortened]... And you follow your religion why? For cultural reasons? Its what people where you come from do?[/b]
    As I have stated earlier, Hindu religion is the most open, the most voluntary of all belief systems. There are no compulsions of any kind. The many Hindu sages and philosophers have left behind 'guides to good practices while living life'---so to speak. The noblest aim of humans is to realize God,as per these guides. People may or may not follow the guidelines.I follow my aim of realizing God out of choice. Some people may follow out of respect to these guidelines, out of family traditions, due to disenchantment with worldly life etc. As many reasons as the no.of Sadhaks.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 05:561 edit
    You posted up the false quote "spitting at the thought of sex with his wife."
    Actually it is you who is misquoting me. I said, quoting something you have said several times on this forum, "spitting at the thought of sex." You have moved the quotation marks and included extra words that I had not claimed to be quoting you verbatim. It's a deception although surely you didn't think you'd get away with it?

You have claimed in the past that sex with your wife that isn't specifically for procreation is "illicit" sex. Avoiding "illicit" sex constitutes of the 4 main and initial pillars of your faith. You have said many times that you "spit on the thought of sex". With your kids having left home, and no more babies planned, you have said you find sex - even though it would be martial sex - with your wife distasteful. Presumably because you see it as "illicit" sex. And of course, you "spit on the thought of sex".

You have quoted me falsely, Dasa. You put the quotation marks in the wrong place, deliberately. You added words to what I had quoted you as saying, deliberately. What do you have to say for yourself? Having said that, however, if you want - because forbearance and forgiveness form an important part of the spiritual path I travel on - you can put this behind you and simply go on to address the many other points I made in my post to you.
  14. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 05:57
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    Is it too much to ask that while you're on your way to realising the "noblest aim of ... life" you could leave a space after your commas?
    Thanks for pointing out the mistake.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 06:091 edit
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Thanks for pointing out the mistake.
    You're pretty much the only person who has endorsed Dasa on this Forum recently. Do you specifically endorse his views on sex and the spiritual "authority" he claims that justifies his abuse and insult of RHP community members?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree