1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '16 00:03
    Buoyancy: The ability or tendency of something to float (and not sink); a cheerful and optimistic attitude or disposition (that bubbles to the surface).

To what degree do your spiritual beliefs provide you with buoyancy?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '16 00:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    Buoyancy: The ability or tendency of something to float (and not sink); a cheerful and optimistic attitude or disposition (that bubbles to the surface).

Reading the allegedly spiritual stuff in this forum leaves me deflated and in need of air.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    04 Sep '16 02:514 edits
    Christians once believed that if a woman was a witch, she'd float. Jesus walked on water; did they believe he's a witch? Or is it one of those things that's a sin for women and not men, since Peter also walked on water?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '16 02:56
    Originally posted by vivify
    Christians once believed that if a woman was a witch, she'd float. Jesus walked on water; did they believe he's a witch? Or is it one of those things that's a sin for women and not men, since Peter also walked on water?
    Your cheerfulness has bubbled to the surface. 😵
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    04 Sep '16 05:411 edit
    Originally posted by FMF

To what degree does your 'gut feeling' about God provide you with buoyancy?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '16 05:50
    Originally posted by FMF

Are spiritual bouncy and spiritual depth two sides of the same coin?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '16 06:18
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    To what degree does your 'gut feeling' about God provide you with buoyancy?
    I'd say not at all. But I think there's potentially a lot more to the exercise of the human spirit than simply settling for one of the packages of explanations/instructions offered by religions. Although I was content to be a Christian for many years, losing those beliefs has been a positive experience and, sometimes, engaging with religious ideologues (in venues like this one) can make that whole process feel like it was ~ metaphorically speaking ~ a kind of floating up to the surface or coming up for air (and staying there).
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Sep '16 22:10
    Originally posted by FMF

None. I get sent str8 to rock bottom

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree