1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Sep '13 02:28
    1. Paths of Least Resistance: To what extent do human beings seek paths of least resistance
    physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually?

2. Events at Death: Our material being begins the 'slow, smokeless burning of decay' and decomposition at physical death; what happens to our immaterial being (the capacity to receive, process, learn, build banks of knowledge, utilize memory storage, develop norms and standards, recall, apply principles in deciding between alternative options) at that moment?

3. Have you ever considered the premise that imbedded hatred of another person is the equivalent of mental murder
    (lacking only the convenient circumstantial opportunity, passionate rage of the moment and alibi to committed it)?

4. Why has this simple question been avoided by theists and atheists and in-betweeners alike?

5. What does the human spiritual experience mean to you and your family in terms of what you think and do each day?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Sep '13 13:31
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    1. Paths of Least Resistance: To what extent do human beings seek paths of least resistance

2. Events at Death: Our material being begins the 'slow, smokeless burning of decay' and decomposition at physical death; what happens to our immaterial being (the capacity to r ...[text shortened]... n spiritual experience mean to you and your family in terms of what you think and do each day?
    What does the human spiritual experience mean to you and your family in terms of what you think and do each day?

A person who abandons himself to sin is actually becoming a slave to the devil while a person who obeys righteousness is yielding himself to the Lord. This is why a Christian should live a holy life.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 07:50
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    What does the human spiritual experience mean to you and your family in terms of what you think and do each day?

A person who abandons himself to sin is actually becoming a slave to the devil while a person who obeys righteousness is yielding himself to the Lord. This is why a Christian should live a holy life.
    ... which requires more than human power.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 07:52
    6. Why has the word "reverence" gone out of fashion and all but disappeared from this spirituality forum?
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 07:54
    [b]Spirituality Forum Question for The Day

Paths of Least Resistance: To what extent do human beings seek paths of least resistance
    physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually?[/b]
    I had a friend who described me as the path of least resistance, I seek them every day even little things like cutting across car parks...
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 08:011 edit

2. Events at Death: Our material being begins the 'slow, smokeless burning of decay' and decomposition at physical death; what happens to our immaterial being (the capacity to r ...[text shortened]... n spiritual experience mean to you and your family in terms of what you think and do each day?
    Could the 'path of least resistance' partially describe the 3rd law of thermodynamics, posing the question of why complex life has evolved as a path of least resistance.
  7. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 14:081 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Could the 'path of least resistance' partially describe the 3rd law of thermodynamics, posing the question of why complex life has evolved as a path of least resistance.
    it also means lazy
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 15:193 edits
    6. Why has the word "reverence" gone out of fashion and all but disappeared from this spirituality forum?
    Reverence went out of fashion with the 'once saved always saved' doctrine of the Christian church, which you yourself support. I know you would not understand so I will explain it to you like you are a 5 year old [which you probably are].

Reverence is the respect and worship of a supreme being. In Christianity that is the God of Israel. In the early days of Christianity, Christ and the Apostles taught that there were two duties a Christian had to fulfill to be rewarded with life eternal, and these were faith in God and living a Christlike life of love and good works.

Somewhere in the 1500s Martin Luther came up with the doctrine of justification by faith only and claimed that works were not just a non-essential but rather was an insult to Christ and his 'finished' work on the cross. Christians were therefore were told to, avoid doing charitable works and focus of the outward demonstration of their faith. This included going to church, singing of hymns etc. Further they were told that all of the material things which they enjoyed were God-given due to they being Gods sons and daughters, God wanted them to enjoy the worldly things. In fact the more wealth and material things they had the more God loved them.

Now any 5 yr old can tell you that if you tell people
    - that they cannot lose their salvation
    - that good works are an insult to Christ
    - that more material possessions means more of Gods love
    then these peoples god will not be the God of Israel but the Mammon of Unrighteousness .. ie they will love money and focus things of the world.

Christians now revere money and worldly goods. That is where their reverence went. It went out of fashion becuse of Christianity.

Its not rocket science GB.

Its part and parcel of the corrupt doctrine you and your type propagate around here in these forums, in your daily life and in your community. The world is a mess because of the false Christian doctrine that you help to spread. So rather than being a light to the world and the salt of the earth as Christ said, Christians have become the most greedy, selfish bastards on the planet.

Will Christ find faith on Earth when he returns? Even a 5 yr old like you can answer that.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 18:321 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Reverence went out of fashion with the 'once saved always saved' doctrine of the Christian church, which you yourself support. I know you would not understand so I will explain it to you like you are a 5 year old [which you probably are].

Reverence is the respect and worship of a supreme being. In Christianity that is the God of Israel. In the early days
    Will Christ find faith on Earth when he returns? Even a 5 yr old like you can answer that.
    Rank in the Kingdom: "1. At that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, 3. and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 4. Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5. And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; 6. but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea." Matthew 18: 1-6 (NASB)
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 19:06
    Rank in the Kingdom: "1. At that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, 3. and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 4. Whoever then humbles himself as this chi ...[text shortened]... nes who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have ." Matthew 18: 1-6 (NASB)
    Is rank in the Kingdom of concern to you?

I suggest you be more concerned with this part:

... whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble,

There must be many millions of well meaning Christians who were told that doing good works is an insult to Christ. Maybe they are illiterate and not able to read the Bible for themselves, so in their ignorance they listened to preachers and teachers. On the day of judgment Christ may very well be lenient towards these innocent victims and punish the pastors and leaders of churches :

..a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea

If you are among those that preach a doctrine not of Christ then take note.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 21:44
    Is rank in the Kingdom of concern to you?

I suggest you be more concerned with this part:

... whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble,

There must be many millions of well meaning Christians who were told that doing good works is an insult to Christ. Maybe they are illiterate and not able to read the Bible for them ...[text shortened]... th of the sea[/i]

If you are among those that preach a doctrine not of Christ then take note.
    Don't you believe teaching billions of years of evilution in school to the kids is also referred to by whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea?

The Instructor
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 22:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Don't you believe teaching billions of years of evilution in school to the kids is also referred to by whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea?

The Instructor
    The meaning of the word 'stumble' is to 'cause to sin' or 'lead into apostasy'. There is no requirement in the Bible to fully interpret all the information it contains. There is a requirement to follow the doctrine of Christ and failing this there is no eternal life. Those who lead people away from the doctrine of Christ are in such danger.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 22:302 edits
    The meaning of the word 'stumble' is to 'cause to sin' or 'lead into apostasy'. There is no requirement in the Bible to fully interpret all the information it contains. There is a requirement to follow the doctrine of Christ and failing this there is no eternal life. Those who lead people away from the doctrine of Christ are in such danger.
    But doesn't teaching the kids in school evilution over millions of years also doing what Jesus says causes one of these little ones to stumble and disbelieve in Jesus? There is no requirement to casue all the little ones to stumble; to cause only one to stumble is sufficient.

The Instructor
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 23:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But doesn't teaching the kids in school evilution over millions of years also doing what Jesus says causes one of these little ones to stumble and disbelieve in Jesus? There is no requirement to casue all the little ones to stumble; to cause only one to stumble is sufficient.

The Instructor
    Maybe you have a point. Anyone who diverts anyone from God with their false teaching will have to give account.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 00:33
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I had a friend who described me as the path of least resistance, I seek them every day even little things like cutting across car parks...
    .... chris, I salute your honesty (and your friend for his/her candor).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree