1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 00:442 edits
    1. Paths of Least Resistance: To what extent do human beings seek paths of least resistance
    physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually?

2. Events at Death: Our material being begins the 'slow, smokeless burning of decay' and decomposition at physical death; what happens to our immaterial being (the capacity to receive, process, learn, build banks of knowledge, utilize memory storage, develop norms and standards, recall, apply principles in deciding between alternative options) at that moment?

3. Have you ever considered the premise that imbedded hatred of another person is the equivalent of mental murder
    (lacking only the convenient circumstantial opportunity, passionate rage of the moment and alibi to committed it)?

4. Why has this simple question been avoided by theists and atheists and in-betweeners alike?

5. What does the human spiritual experience mean to you and your family in terms of what you think and do each day?

6. Why has the word "reverence" gone out of fashion and all but disappeared from this spirituality forum?

7. Why is it that this spirituality forum sometimes brings a tombstone to mind?

Civility
    R.I.P.
    """"""""" ""
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 00:38
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Spirituality Forum Question for The Day

Paths of Least Resistance: To what extent do human beings seek paths of least resistance
    physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually?[/b]
    You mean like "spiritual paths" or just like the path to a girl's "ahem" ?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 01:061 edit
    1. Paths of Least Resistance: To what extent do human beings seek paths of least resistance
    physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually?

2. Events at Death: Our material being begins the 'slow, smokeless burning of decay' and decomposition at physical death; what happens to our immaterial being (the capacity to receive, proce forum sometimes brings a tombstone to mind?

Civility
    R.I.P.
    """"""""" ""
    2. Events at death. This is the great mystery.
    Other than a clear yes (the immaterial goes on after physical death) or no, there was other ideas like the one where it is believed that the brain goes into a dream-like state just before physical death and the dreamer continues their life for a possibly near infinite length of time due to the time warping conditions experienced when dreaming.

3. Yes.

4.It's tough to answer in a public forum.
    Prolly way easier in a one on one dialogue.

5. I dont know about my family but I myself reflect on spirituality and the type of learning ascociated with spirituality daily.
    I consider that the majority of my make-up (that which I think I am), is non physical (spiritual), while the minor part is the physical.

6. Times are a Changin' (?)

7. For me the SF gets me down sometimes when I cant put simple spiritual ideas forward without being immediately ridiculed ,when the respondent knows little or nothing(experientially) of what I am saying
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 03:15
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You mean like "spiritual paths" or just like the path to a girl's "ahem" ?
    "1. Paths of Least Resistance: To what extent do human beings seek paths of least resistance
    physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually?"

All five, along with gratification of power, approbation, chemical and carnal lust.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 03:23
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

2. Events at death. This is the great mystery.
    Other than a clear yes (the immaterial goes on after physical death) or no, there was other ideas like the one where it is believed that the brain goes into a dream-like state just before physical death and the dreamer continues their life for a possibly near infinite length of time due to the time warpi ...[text shortened]... ely ridiculed ,when the respondent knows little or nothing(experientially) of what I am saying
    "2. Events at death. This is the great mystery.
    Other than a clear yes (the immaterial goes on after physical death) or no, there was other ideas like the one where it is believed that the brain goes into a dream-like state just before physical death and the dreamer continues their life for a possibly near infinite length of time due to the time warping conditions experienced when dreaming.

5. I dont know about my family but I myself reflect on spirituality and the type of learning ascociated with spirituality daily.
    I consider that the majority of my make-up (that which I think I am), is non physical (spiritual), while the minor part is the physical."

Does continuity of the immaterial karoly aczel in an immortal body at a new address following physical death of the temporal body make sense? Do you have a source of information for the "type of learning ascociated with spirituality daily"?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 03:282 edits
    8. What percentage of the contributors to this forum experience inner happiness
    and enduring contentment (as opposed to temporary sensory gratification)?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 04:20
    8. What percentage of the contributors to this forum experience inner happiness
    and enduring contentment (as opposed to temporary sensory gratification)?
    I would guess 0%. Am I right?

The Instructor
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '13 04:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I would guess 0%. Am I right?

The Instructor
    Rhetorical with the intent of focusing on quality of life resulting from decisions made in the spiritual realm.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '13 04:06
    "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." (stated purpose of this forum)

7. Why do most conversations here ignore the first and third categories of topics listed in the series?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Sep '13 20:11
    \"2. Events at death. This is the great mystery.
    Other than a clear yes (the immaterial goes on after physical death) or no, there was other ideas like the one where it is believed that the brain goes into a dream-like state just before physical death and the dreamer continues their life for a possibly near infinite length of time due to the time warpi ...[text shortened]... you have a source of information for the \"type of learning ascociated with spirituality daily\"?
    The source is inside.

As are all the answers.

It's really how we frame our questions.

One who asks a good question is considered intelligent in my book

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree