1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 09:26
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Do you think I care how many responses I get.
    I rarely start threads and generally do it the way you describe
    Don't mind him, he often speaks right out his 'yahoo'.

I haven't seen anyone here with less of a grip on what they say since RJHinds.
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 12:12
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    'If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.' Luke 6:29

Atheists don't have the same restrictions.
    Indeed. They are even allowed to torture babies for fun. Must be fun having no moral absolutes. Until you are the victim.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 12:19
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Indeed. They are even allowed to torture babies for fun. Must be fun having no moral absolutes. Until you are the victim.
    Who is "allowed to torture babies for fun"? And "allowed" by whom?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 12:32
    The elephant in the room of course is that it's perfectly possible (and common) to live a life completely void of God and yet be a decent human being.

Your position presupposes that without God in your life you might be minded to go out and torture babies. Indeed, you speak about this so often I fear it is a religiously suppressed desire.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 13:151 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Gruel for you Carrobie.
    mmm I love the taste of gruel in the morning, it tastes like victory! Colombian coffee is quite pleasant too.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 13:24
    The elephant in the room of course is that it's perfectly possible (and common) to live a life completely void of God and yet be a decent human being.

Your position presupposes that without God in your life you might be minded to go out and torture babies. Indeed, you speak about this so often I fear it is a religiously suppressed desire.
    There is a very interesting Biblical verse which touches on this idea.

For when people of the nations, who do not have law, do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. Romans 2:14

What is Paul saying other than that non-believers being prompted by the faculty of the conscience act in a similar way to those who have and believe in the Bibles principles. Thus they exercise justice, show kindness and love, wisdom and discernment.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 13:261 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    for all you "christians" (and I've met some good 'uns ), Please don't get offended when some non-Christian comes into your thread and offers their viewpoint. ( the sarcasm is even worse)

Remember the name of forum title. Remember the actual world you live in - as opposed the one you try to create for yourself here- at times denegrating non-Chrisitians nad others for no reason.

Have a nice day
    For all you wishy-washies (and I've met some good 'uns), please don't get offended if your blandness fails to drive any engagement and no one offers their viewpoint. 😛
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 15:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    There is a very interesting Biblical verse which touches on this idea.

For when people of the nations, who do not have law, do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. Romans 2:14

What is Paul saying other than that non-believers being prompted by the faculty of the conscience act in a sim ...[text shortened]... e Bibles principles. Thus they exercise justice, show kindness and love, wisdom and discernment.
    Indeed sir, and I have quoted that very same passage at least 3 times in the last few months. 🙂

So far, you are first Christian not to try and wriggle out of it and accuse me of taking it out of context. FetchMyJunk in particular doesn't care for it.
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 16:211 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who is "allowed to torture babies for fun"? And "allowed" by whom?
    Atheists are, they're 'allowed' to do anything they want since they have no moral absolutes.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 16:24
    Atheists are, they're allowed to do anything they want since they have no moral absolutes.
    Aren't you forgetting our God given conscience and His law, written on our hearts?!
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 16:24

'Decent' by their own standards of course.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 16:26
    Aren't you forgetting our God given conscience and His law, written on our hearts?!
    Aren't you forgetting you don't believe in God?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 16:26
    'If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.' Luke 6:29

Atheists don't have the same restrictions.
    They do if they demand them of others.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 16:30
    'Decent' by their own standards of course.
    Better that than the standards of their own invention.
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 16:31
    Better that than the standards of their own invention.
    How so?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree