1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Mar '16 00:17
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    Spirituality Quotations - Part 3

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby Thread 162554 (Page 21)
    "The room at Guinea Station where Lt. General Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson died. Sunday, May 10, 1863.
    Click here to see a brief video of this room (large file).

"On Sunday May 10, 1863, in the bed pictured above, Confedera ...[text shortened]... fear? Nothing. He was going home to be with someone he loved." (3 of 3) Thread 163972
    "Summary: His Grace/our gratitude. Sans Dieu Rien..........."
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 04:01
    “La plus belle des ruses du diable est de vous persuader qu'il n'existe pas."

"The devil's finest trick is to persuade you that he does not exist."
    ―Charles Baudelaire, Paris Spleen
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 12:19
    "God made Him who had no sin to be sin as a substitute for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God." (2 Corinthians 5:21) "He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed." (1 Peter 2:24) "Whosoever believes in the Son has eternal life; but whosoever rejects the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36)
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 00:49
    Eph 6:10, “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14. Stand firm therefore, Having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the Breastplate of Righteousness and, 15. and having shod your feet with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace; 16. in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17. And take the Helmet of Salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    28 Apr '16 15:41
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This is a bit cheeky of you, consider you are repeateldy refusing to address my posts about you believing an angel died for your sins.
    No one believes an angel died for our sins.
    The Bible states clearly that a perfect man, Jesus Christ, died for our sins.

(1 Peter 2:22) He committed no sin, nor was deception found in his mouth.

(1 Corinthians 15:47) The first man is from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven.

(1 John 2:2) And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world’s.

(Hebrews 10:12) But this man offered one sacrifice for sins for all time and sat down at the right hand of God,

Of course it takes more than one Scripture to understand the idea, but the Bible is clear
  6. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    28 Apr '16 22:31
    Originally posted by roigam

(1 Corinthians 15:47) The first man is from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven.

(1 John 2:2) And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for ...[text shortened]... ,

Of course it takes more than one Scripture to understand the idea, but the Bible is clear
    I guess no one wants to contradict what the Bible says. Hurray!!!
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 03:04
    I guess no one wants to contradict what the Bible says. Hurray!!!
    Feels like you got away with something, doesn't it?
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 03:08
    Who by worrying can add an inch to his stature? -Jesus

Today has enough troubles without worrying about tomorrow's. -Jesus

A man asked the Buddha, 'I want happiness; how do I attain it?' Buddha replied, 'remove the "I", that's ego; remove the "want", that's desire; and all you're left with is happiness."
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 07:564 edits

Isaiah 9:6
    For unto us a Child is born,
    Unto us a Son is given;
    And the government will be upon His shoulder.
    And His name will be called
    Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Robbie has stated in this forum that Jesus is the "mighty God" of Isaiah 9:6 but he is not the almighty God Jehovah because they are separate entities.
    Robbie has also acknowledged that both Jesus and Jehovah are your saviours.
    Your teaching is that Jesus is the archangel Michael.

Therefore:
    You have two (at least) gods
    You have two saviours
    One of these saviours is an angel

Therefore:
    Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christians and your teachings are so far in error that it is almost funny.

roigam, any time you want to address Robbie carrobie on these points or demonstrate that my conclusions are wrong by directly addressing the points and scripture above, please feel completely free to do so.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 08:03
    "Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?"
    Genesis 18
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 08:05
    "You have exalted above all things your name and your word."
    Psalm 138:2
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 08:06
    "Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."

1Peter 5:6-7
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 09:41

Yes, it is.
  14. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    03 May '16 03:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Isaiah 9:6
    For unto us a Child is born,
    Unto us a Son is given;
    And the government will be upon His shoulder.
    And His name will be called
    Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Robbie has stated in this forum that Jesus is the "mighty God" of Isaiah 9:6 but he is not the almighty God Jehovah because they are separ ...[text shortened]... [b]directly
    addressing the points and scripture above, please feel completely free to do so.[/b]
    We have explained it clearly.
    Jesus in his prehuman existence was a son of God just like the other angels.
    (Job 1:6) Now the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them.
    No doubt you would agree that angels are mighty beings.
    (2 Kings 19:35-37) On that very night the angel of Jehovah went out and struck down 185,000 men in the camp of the As·syrʹi·ans.
    god is a title applied to a powerful individual.
    So the term "mighty God" well describes Jesus.
    If Jesus were the God he would not be called "prince". He would be called King in that prophecy. Princes are sons of Kings.
    His father, Jehovah God, is the King of the universe.
    Jesus is our everlasting Father because it is through his ransom sacrifice that all men have a chance to live forever again.
    As far as having 2 gods:
    (1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
    Yes, one of our saviours "was" an angel until he was sent to Earth as a perfect man by his Father, Jehovah God.
    (Isaiah 43:10, 11) “You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “Yes, my servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none. 11 I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”
    Jehovah provided His own 1st begotten son as our ransom, to buy us out of sin and death.
    There is no greater act of love for mankind than the one Jehovah and His Son, Christ Jesus, did for us!
    Is that hard to understand?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 May '16 13:531 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Please ask your own pastor for clarification regarding your salvation and eternal life.
    No worries, the Reverend Al Sharpton has told him he is saved on more than one occasion just as long as he remains a liberal.

The Pope says just don't build a wall and you should to straight to heaven.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree