1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 14:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    It's the 'spiritual' part I'm not comfortable with.
    It seems by your words that it has a broader significance than religion. I'm of the opposite opinion, that 'spiritual matters' is a subset of religion.

We can look at spiritual questions in a philosofical way, but I don't want to equate spiritualsm with philosophy. Perhaps that philosophy is a just a ...[text shortened]... nk that the word 'spiritual' can be defined in any way that satisfy all of us anyway.
    Spiritualism, as I pose it, is the development and the exploitation of the mind to the hilt. The following example could clarify this concept:

The scientist builds her/ his ideas based on the concept of synthesis, whilst the philosopher analyses abstract ideas. But in order to analyze them, the philosopher has to understand the nature of the problem in question. Using spiritualism the philosopher is not obliged to raise her/ his mind at the sphere of the metaphysics but s/he constructs a specific symbol that represents the abstract reality of the nature that, for the time being, remains unconceivable for her/ him. Therefore s/he needs not to "know", as you understand the term "knowledge". BTW this is the main idea behind the invention of, say, algebra: we name x the unknown, p the half of x and z the known. Now x is not unknown anymore because it can be expressed with z's terms -and then we can understand x.

So spiritualism in philosohy is a tool that enables the philosopher to guide her/ his mind inside the Invisible and the Unconceivable. And this is the reason why the process of thought evolved from the language and not the opposite. The words are to the thought just what the spiritual symbols are to the conceptual and non-conceptual awareness of the Human
    😵
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 14:15
    It's the 'spiritual' part I'm not comfortable with.
    It seems by your words that it has a broader significance than religion. I'm of the opposite opinion, that 'spiritual matters' is a subset of religion.

We can look at spiritual questions in a philosofical way, but I don't want to equate spiritualsm with philosophy. Perhaps that philosophy is a just a ...[text shortened]... nk that the word 'spiritual' can be defined in any way that satisfy all of us anyway.
    And of course over here we neither equate philosophy with spiritualism, nor we consider spiritualism as a subset of religion;

No religion😵
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 14:251 edit
    Originally posted by black beetle
    And of course over here we neither equate philosophy with spiritualism, nor we consider spiritualism as a subset of religion;

No religion😵
    Probably you're right, or not, I don't know.
    I follow the discussion, but hesitate to take part of it.
    I just don't think I can contribute with anything here.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 14:35
    Probably you're right, or not, I don't know.
    I follow the discussion, but hesitate to take part of it.
    I just don't think I can contribute with anything here.
    We just have a good time exchanging our views, my Gota enemy😵
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 19:43
    Cool!

And what happened to that good ole French you love a lot, BdN? 😵
    Bataille? Merde.
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 22:21

No religion😵
    Maybe for you.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 07:55
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Bataille? Merde.
    Chess is torture😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree