1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 00:46
    Originally posted by Red Night
    No.
    So, not all beliefs are equal then? Some beliefs are more valid than others? If so, which ones?
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 01:26
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    So, not all beliefs are equal then? Some beliefs are more valid than others? If so, which ones?
    I think most people would say that their beliefs are more valid than other people's beliefs.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 02:06
    I think most people would say that their beliefs are more valid than other people's beliefs.
    That is perhaps true, many people would say that. And you know something? Some of them are right, and some are wrong.
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 02:39
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    That is perhaps true, many people would say that. And you know something? Some of them are right, and some are wrong.
    Or maybe they all are wrong.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 05:43
    Or maybe they all are wrong.
    I refuse to believe that everything believed by people is wrong. You have accepted that the earth goes round the sun, so you apparently also share this belief.

Sounds like your own arguments are starting to unravel. Try "internal consistency" it's a wonderful thing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree