1. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 23:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you feel no spiritual connection with anything?
    I feel a sense of wonder and awe at the universe and the phenomenon of Life. I feel a kinship with and responsibility towards my fellow humans and a concern for the state of the planet. I have feelings and senses that demand more time and thought to put down eloquently than I am likely to be able to spend here (it's now past midnight on this sceptered isle).

But a 'Spiritual Connection'? I think you would have to define it better before I could say.

--- Penguin.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 23:15
    Originally posted by Penguin
    I feel a sense of wonder and awe at the universe and the phenomenon of Life. I feel a kinship with and responsibility towards my fellow humans and a concern for the state of the planet. I have feelings and senses that demand more time and thought to put down eloquently than I am likely to be able to spend here (it's now past midnight on this sceptered isle). ...[text shortened]... l Connection'? I think you would have to define it better before I could say.

--- Penguin.
    And are these senses of wonder and awe tangible? Are they logical? From my perspective the soul is the medium between the spiritual, the intangible, and the material world which is the tangible portion of our existence.
  3. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 23:16
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I don't see a contradiction either.

I believe that "He" is refering to Jesus, not God. It's the only way the sentence makes sense within the context of the discussion. Granted it could have been phrased better.
    Oh, I see now. Sorry, the description was ambiguous and I probably took the wrong meaning and then got stuck with that viewpoint.

Was ThinkofOne's interpretation the correct one?

--- Penguin.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 23:39
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Oh, I see now. Sorry, the description was ambiguous and I probably took the wrong meaning and then got stuck with that viewpoint.

Was ThinkofOne's interpretation the correct one?

--- Penguin.
    Yes it is. I'm sorry. What I should have said is He, Jesus, is sinless....etc.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 23:52
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    My God is the God and Father of Jesus Christ, His son. He is indeed sinless, but He is the son of God, not God the Father.🙂
    Do you agree that God is a triune being. Father, Son, and Holy Ghost? And that these three are ONE?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 23:52
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Define what these five things mean.
    Read about it in the bible!
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 00:43
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Define what these five things mean.
    I think they mean he wants to argue with someone.
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 01:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    Read about it in the bible!
    Different churches have different ideas of what these concepts mean.
    Unitarians could agree with all of them and totally disagree with you.
    If you don't want to define them, then fine.

Nemesio
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 01:11
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I think they mean he wants to argue with someone.
    As a matter of fact I don't want to argue about it in this thread.
    I'm trying to see how many christians there are in this forum that believe the bible.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 01:131 edit
    As a matter of fact I don't want to argue about it in this thread.
    I'm trying to see how many christians there are in this forum that believe the bible.
    For what purpose? If you knew there were 38 as opposed to 25, what difference would it make to you? I can tell you there is a certain kind of Christian on this site known as a "go in to your closet" Christian who would most likely not participate in the thread. Just to let you know.
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 01:26
    Are Roman Catholics Christians?

Are Unitarians Christians?

Are Gnostics Christians?

Are Aryans Christians?

Are Ebionites Christians?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 01:31
    Do you agree that God is a triune being. Father, Son, and Holy Ghost? And that these three are ONE?
    No. I believe God is the Father and creator of all...including Jesus Christ. Jesus is God's son, born of a virgin, sinless, because He did not inherit the sin nature.
    (Heb 2:14
    14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise [took part] of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
    (KJV))

He has been highly exalted to His rightful position at the Father's right hand because of his obedience, and is the only way to the Father. He has paid for the sins of all mankind, is the head of the church, and he is Lord...... The Holy Spirit is God.
    John 4:24
    24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
    (NKJ)

Ps 99:9
    9 Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at His holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.
    (NKJ)

Since God is holy, and God is Spirit, common sense tells me He is Holy Spirit. This is not to be confused with God's gift of holy spirit, which is imparted to all who believe and accept Jesus as Lord.

Acts 8:15
    15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit.
    (NKJ)

The article "the" was improperly added by trinitarian translators, here and many other places. Also Holy Spirit in this verse should be lower case, as it does not distinguish the Giver from the gift....
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 01:38
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    For what purpose? If you knew there were 38 as opposed to 25, what difference would it make to you? I can tell you there is a certain kind of Christian on this site known as a "go in to your closet" Christian who would most likely not participate in the thread. Just to let you know.
    For what purpose? Because I have an affinity for members of the body of Christ, and I want to know who they are.
    And if they want to "putteth it in a secret place" that's fine with me.

You know, not to try to one up on you or anything, but the mentality that there are different "kinds" of christians is what keeps the church disunited. In my opinion.

But I can accept that there might be individuals out there that would want to maintain their anonymity.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 02:02
    For what purpose? Because I have an affinity for members of the body of Christ, and I want to know who they are.
    And if they want to "putteth it in a secret place" that's fine with me.

You know, not to try to one up on you or anything, but the mentality that there are different "kinds" of christians is what keeps the church disunited. In my opinion.

B ...[text shortened]... cept that there might be individuals out there that would want to maintain their anonymity.
    In AA there is a traditon that says "anonymity is the basis for our spiritual program." You even have Jesus saying "tell no one what you have seen."
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 02:171 edit
    Will all who believe that God became a man, lived a sinless life, was crucified, and rose from the dead, please post here.

Setting aside our denominational or doctrinal differences momentarily, I would like to know how many of us there are here in this forum.

All others need not reply! (Unless you can't resist)
    that God became a man

(king James Version)(Numbers:23:19)(God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? )

(king James Version)(2 Chronicles:6:18)(But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built! )

(king James Version)(1 Kings:11:27)(But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded? )

lived a sinless life

(king James Version)(Matthew:3:7)(But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? )

(king James Version)(Luke:24:25)(Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: )

(king James Version)(John:8:7)(So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.) And he didn't stone her as well I wonder why?

was crucified, and rose from the dead

Simple question, who rose him from dead?

(king James Version)(Hebrews:5:7)(Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; )

GOD don't die, can't be dead:
    (king James Version)(Ezekiel:20:33)(As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you: )

(king James Version)(Ezekiel:16:48)(As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters. )

And many more...

All others need not reply! (Unless you can't resist)

I really couldn't resest. Your statment can't fit with the GOD who created every thing, and for no logical reason allows some of his creatures to kill him.

By the way there another question for you: Is it a sin for those who killed GOD as you believe?

I mean those who achived the well of GOD by crucifying him for your salvation, are they in heaven or hell?

If they are in heaven, why they are not punished for their sin, and remember they didn't believe in Jesus?

If they are in hell, then Jesus work on the cross has no value? It actually caused some people to be in hell without by achieving GOD well?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree