1. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    22 Jun '07 20:51
    Will all who believe that God became a man, lived a sinless life, was crucified, and rose from the dead, please post here.

    Setting aside our denominational or doctrinal differences momentarily, I would like to know how many of us there are here in this forum.

    All others need not reply! (Unless you can't resist)
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    22 Jun '07 21:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    Will all who believe that God became a man, lived a sinless life, was crucified, and rose from the dead, please post here.

    Setting aside our denominational or doctrinal differences momentarily, I would like to know how many of us there are here in this forum.

    All others need not reply! (Unless you can't resist)
    My God is the man Jesus Christ.
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Joined
    05 Mar '02
    Moves
    32455
    22 Jun '07 21:15
    Originally posted by josephw
    Will all who believe that God became a man, lived a sinless life, was crucified, and rose from the dead, please post here.
    Define what these five things mean.
  4. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    22 Jun '07 21:32
    My God is the God and Father of Jesus Christ, His son. He is indeed sinless, but He is the son of God, not God the Father.🙂
  5. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    274
    22 Jun '07 21:54
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    My God is the God and Father of Jesus Christ, His son. He is indeed sinless, but He is the son of God, not God the Father.🙂
    Amazing that you can contradict yourself in the space of so few words! Is your God the father or the son? Note that you can't respond that he is both here because you have already said he is "not God the Father".

    --- Penguin.
  6. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    22 Jun '07 22:00
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Amazing that you can contradict yourself in the space of so few words! Is your God the father or the son? Note that you can't respond that he is both here because you have already said he is "not God the Father".

    --- Penguin.
    I don't see a contradiction....God is God the Father....Jesus is His son. Two separate entities...
  7. Joined
    14 Feb '05
    Moves
    264
    22 Jun '07 22:10
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I don't see a contradiction....God is God the Father....Jesus is His son. Two separate entities...
    I don't see the contradiction in what you posted either. I think it was just misread.
  8. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    22 Jun '07 22:24
    Originally posted by stepnkev
    I don't see the contradiction in what you posted either. I think it was just misread.
    Thank you...🙂
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    22 Jun '07 22:43
    Originally posted by josephw
    Will all who believe that God became a man, lived a sinless life, was crucified, and rose from the dead, please post here.

    Setting aside our denominational or doctrinal differences momentarily, I would like to know how many of us there are here in this forum.

    All others need not reply! (Unless you can't resist)
    Yo, yo, yo, whodeys in the houuse! Count me in bro!!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    22 Jun '07 22:43
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Define what these five things mean.
    I think that's a no. 😛
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    22 Jun '07 22:43
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Amazing that you can contradict yourself in the space of so few words! Is your God the father or the son? Note that you can't respond that he is both here because you have already said he is "not God the Father".

    --- Penguin.
    Only if you tell us if you are a body, a soul, or a spirit. Well which is it? You certainly can't be all of them at once.
  12. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    274
    22 Jun '07 22:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    Only if you tell us if you are a body, a soul, or a spirit. Well which is it? You certainly can't be all of them at once.
    I am a body. The body that is me contains a brain. That brain's activity is my mind and consciousness. I do not have a soul or a spirit in any metaphysical sense.

    --- Penguin.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    22 Jun '07 22:57
    Originally posted by Penguin
    I am a body. The body that is me contains a brain. That brain's activity is my mind and consciousness. I do not have a soul or a spirit in any metaphysical sense.

    --- Penguin.
    So you feel no spiritual connection with anything?
  14. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    274
    22 Jun '07 23:001 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I don't see a contradiction....God is God the Father....Jesus is His son. Two separate entities...
    "My God is the God and Father of Jesus Christ, His son. He is indeed sinless, but He is the son of God, not God the Father.

    I don't think extracting the bold bits changes the semantics of the above so...
    My God is the God and Father...He is not God the Father

    And now I paraphrase very slightly but still, I hope, keeping the semantic meaning of the original:
    My God is the God and Father
    My God is not God the Father

    Really I'm being pedantic and pointing out what I presume is a simple typo but your insistance that the glaring contradiction does not exist implies that you did actually mean this. You have explicitly stated the your god is the Father and is not the Father. Did you really mean to say that?

    I would expect you to say that he is both the father and the son (and the holy spirit) and that you made a simple semantic typo. I'm amazed that you are defending the typo.

    -- Penguin.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    22 Jun '07 23:072 edits
    Originally posted by Penguin
    "[b]My God is the God and Father of Jesus Christ, His son. He is indeed sinless, but He is the son of God, not God the Father.

    I don't think extracting the bold bits changes the semantics of the above so...
    My God is the God and Father...He is not God the Father

    And now I paraphrase very slightly but still, I hope, keep you made a simple semantic typo. I'm amazed that you are defending the typo.

    -- Penguin.[/b]
    I don't see a contradiction either.

    I believe that "He" is refering to Jesus, not God. It's the only way the sentence makes sense within the context of the discussion. Granted it could have been phrased better.
Back to Top