1. Standard memberRuppster1
    Saved by grace.
    State of Denial.
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 02:34
    Originally posted by josephw
    Will all who believe that God became a man, lived a sinless life, was crucified, and rose from the dead, please post here.

Setting aside our denominational or doctrinal differences momentarily, I would like to know how many of us there are here in this forum.

All others need not reply! (Unless you can't resist)
    I agree that God in the person of Jesus, became flesh, lived a sinless life, was crucified and died for the sins of mankind. He also was resurrected and is now with God the Father.
  2. Going where needed.
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 05:55
    Will all who believe that God became a man, lived a sinless life, was crucified, and rose from the dead, please post here.

Setting aside our denominational or doctrinal differences momentarily, I would like to know how many of us there are here in this forum.

All others need not reply! (Unless you can't resist)
    I can't resist.

God the Father
    God the Son
    God the Holy Spirit!!!

All hail the perfect and flawless Trinity!
  3. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 06:45
    I'm a Christian.

Romans 10:9
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
  4. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 22:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    And are these senses of wonder and awe tangible? Are they logical? From my perspective the soul is the medium between the spiritual, the intangible, and the material world which is the tangible portion of our existence.
    Are they tangible? Well they are feelings that I have. You could probably measure the particular patterns of electrical and chemical activity in my brain and detect that I have a feeling of awe (by comparison with the patterns in effect when I had previously reported such feelings).

Are they logical? They are by-products of my mental activity. I'm sure that logic really comes into it.

Try reading Consciousness Explained by Daniel Dennet. It's heavy going in places but I think I got the gist of it and it seems to explain this sort of thing pretty well. Although I have no doubt that it is not The Right Answer, it could be pretty close.

--- Penguin.
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 22:56
    I'm trying to see how many christians there are in this forum that believe the bible.
    I would consider myself a (although somewhat weak) Christian, but there are many aspects of the Bible that I do not agree with.

I don't know if that includes me in your "list" or not, but take it as it is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree