1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 05:00
    Just because we are made of the same elements as the stars does not militate against a creator at all. The whole universe is being held together by the power of God's word it says in Colossians and 2 Peter. I just want Christians to think outside the box.

Manny
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 15:27
    Originally posted by menace71
    Just because we are made of the same elements as the stars does not militate against a creator at all. The whole universe is being held together by the power of God's word it says in Colossians and 2 Peter. I just want Christians to think outside the box.

Manny
    That depends on what is believed about the creator and creation. The current scientific thinking is not only that we are made of the same elements as the stars are, we are made of atoms that were actually produced in the stars (up through Fe, I think) starting with H and He. Some Christians believers in the creation stories do not believe the time-line that the scientist envisions. It helps if the Christian has a flexible approach and thinks of the creation story and related stories in non-literal terms.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 16:18
    Originally posted by Dasa
    From dust our material body comes....and to dust it shall return, and the eternal soul (you) shall continue on.
    Ezekiel 18:4 (New American Standard Bible)

4"Behold, (A)all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine The soul who (B)sins will die.

Not according to this..............
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 17:421 edit
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    I do think Christians think outside the box. They believe in a creator, were atheist think insdie the box, they don't look out side for the creator.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 21:23
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I do think Christians think outside the box. They believe in a creator, were atheist think insdie the box, they don't look out side for the creator.
    Do you not think that christian thinking is constrained by scripture?
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 21:281 edit
    In some cases (not all by any means), theistic "outside of the box" thinking involves thinking about the garbage container their 'box' is inside.

Many atheists are quite capable of considering the notion of a creator - that doesn't mean they have to accept it is plausible. We are quite capable of thinking about what you claim about your supposed creator - and evaluating it as a garbage idea.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 05:06
    I presume you think even further outside the box and believe in the Easter Bunny too? Or does your argument perhaps have a flaw?
  8. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 05:142 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    ๐Ÿ™‚ ....lust, i mean dust. Yep
    I think we can agree on the lust. If your father and mother did not enjoy a little lust, and had a big bang, very few of us would be on planet earth.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 05:58
    Originally posted by katp
    I think we can agree on the lust. If your father and mother did not enjoy a little lust, and had a big bang, very few of us would be on planet earth.
    Lol.

Still the "accident" of me being born into that place at that time was no accident,imo.
    It took me until I was about 25 or so to be certain of that.
    Now I am clear on my mission.
    I am a spiritual warrior on a quest to fully intergrate my piece of the "puzzle" into "this greater Change' (of things to come)
  10. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 06:20
    Lol.

Still the "accident" of me being born into that place at that time was no accident,imo.
    It took me until I was about 25 or so to be certain of that.
    Now I am clear on my mission.
    I am a spiritual warrior on a quest to fully intergrate my piece of the "puzzle" into "this greater Change' (of things to come)
    I can live happily on your comment about the "no accident".

Would just like to add, faith in God, does not change reality or make you stupid or put you in a box. It changes your attitude of how you experience reality and handle reality.
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 06:41
    So if science proves something to be true that seems to militate against scripture how will you deal with it RB ? There are lots of things in the universe that appear to go against the biblical account. Galileo was a perfect account of this very thing.

Manny
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 06:51
    I can live happily on your comment about the "no accident".

Would just like to add, faith in God, does not change reality or make you stupid or put you in a box. It changes your attitude of how you experience reality and handle reality.
    Thnx brother๐Ÿ™‚

(not that this matters too much but) are you of a christian persuasion?, (because if you are, you seem to be one of the more "progressive" ones. I hope you dont come out with some long, completely un-related christian commentary. Sorry, thats just my historical-cultural bias comong out. Christians in my life start behind the eight-ball as far as I'm concerned, but that can be easily made up in one or two truthful comments/posts๐Ÿ™‚ )
  13. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 07:20
    Thnx brother๐Ÿ™‚

(not that this matters too much but) are you of a christian persuasion?, (because if you are, you seem to be one of the more "progressive" ones. I hope you dont come out with some long, completely un-related christian commentary. Sorry, thats just my historical-cultural bias comong out. Christians in my life start behind the eight-ball ...[text shortened]... r as I'm concerned, but that can be easily made up in one or two truthful comments/posts๐Ÿ™‚ )
    ๐Ÿ˜‰, actually I am a female, who does not know how to change my sex on RedHotPawn

Okay, seriously on my believes:

The teachings of Christ saved my life.

I accept God is love. Christ taught, to love Love, and others like yourself. If you are not happy, you can not spread happiness. But you can never build your own happiness on other's misfortune.

The word of God is the truth.

The Bible is not a science handbook.

And yes, I do believe Jesus on earth had a great sense of humor.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 08:181 edit
    ๐Ÿ˜‰, actually I am a female, who does not know how to change my sex on RedHotPawn

Okay, seriously on my believes:

The teachings of Christ saved my life.

I accept God is love. Christ taught, to love Love, and others like yourself. If you are not happy, you can not spread happiness. But you can never build your own happiness on other's misfortune.

The ...[text shortened]... is not a science handbook.

And yes, I do believe Jesus on earth had a great sense of humor.
    My dear lady, my aoplogies, I had assumed you were another one of these funny,miidle-aged men(no offense) christians that like to show me subtely or otherwise, how I have fallen short of christ, I am a sinner,etc.etc.

However, I found you post to be perfectly reasonable and the sort of christianity that I would advocate.
    God Bless you. You are truly a breath of fresh air๐Ÿ™‚
    (You have my good faith on your side, what you do with it is up to you. Anyway, I'll be away for 2 days to see Primus , so you can measure your response, if any. I recommend reading one or two of my more germaine posts to get some ides of the crackpot you are conversing with ๐Ÿ˜ต )
  15. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 18:401 edit
    However, I found you post to be perfectly reasonable and the sort of christianity that I would advocate.
    God Bless you. You are truly a breath of fresh air๐Ÿ™‚
    A little from the point. I do apologize.

Perfect or correct...the difference?

I think we strive too much to be correct in life, instead of perfect.

Correct is not to make a mistake. I am not capable of being always correct.

Perfect, is to be in balance with your own dark and light side (our star dust blink?..maybe ). Because of the balance you can admit your own mistake and restore the balance, with the littlest harm done.

Thank you that you find my previous post perfectly reasonable, and not only correct.

๐Ÿ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree