Stephen Hawking

Stephen Hawking

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
17 Oct 18

@whodey said
I would assume that being adamant that there is no God carries with it the implication that those who think otherwise are stupid.
You would assume wrong.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Oct 18

@whodey said
Oh, my bad.

So then if the notion of God is so stupid, why is it so widely believed?
Because people are stupid

F

Moves
17 Oct 18

@whodey said
I would assume that being adamant that there is no God carries with it the implication that those who think otherwise are stupid.
You are fabricating something here in your usual Debates Forum way. In his book, did he say he believed "the notion of God is so stupid"? Is this the truth claim you are making here on the Spirituality Forum? Stephen Hawking made that claim in his book?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Oct 18

@fmf said
You are fabricating something here in your usual Debates Forum way. In his book, did he say he believed "the notion of God is so stupid"? Is this the truth claim you are making here on the Spirituality Forum? Stephen Hawking made that claim in his book?
It remains apparently clear that 'Christians' on this site have no idea what the belief in God entails.

The belief system labelled 'God' is not supposed to be an authoritarian one.

Amongst other things.

F

Moves
18 Oct 18

@karoly-aczel said
It remains apparently clear that 'Christians' on this site have no idea what the belief in God entails.
Specifically, with whodey, the problem is that he is a small-minded lying propagandist who misrepresents and smears people and situations in service of his meanspirited facetious "debating" style. If people like him and Duchess64 withdrew from the Debates Forum, it would be less of a cesspool.

Is he going to tell us where Stephen Hawking said that he believed "the notion of God is so stupid"? No, of course whodey isn't. whodey's aim is not to discuss Stephen Hawking's beliefs honestly or engage in proper discourse about this topic; his aim is to poison the well and tilt at clumsy strawmen.

How long before he alleges that Hawking was the same as Adolf Hitler or compares him to Stalin? Oh, wait. Stalin has already been mentioned: in whodey's very first post on page 1. Surprise, surprise.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Oct 18

@fmf said
Specifically, with whodey, the problem is that he is a small-minded lying propagandist who misrepresents and smears people and situations in service of his meanspirited facetious "debating" style. If people like him and Duchess64 withdrew from the Debates Forum, it would be less of a cesspool.

Is he going to tell us where Stephen Hawking said that he believed "the notion of G ...[text shortened]... wait. Stalin has already been mentioned: in whodey's very first post on page 1. Surprise, surprise.
" if people like him and duchess withdrew... "

Now you are being funny ...

But seriously, people like that gotta have someone to blame. As if they were the only ones on this Earth with problems.

F

Moves
18 Oct 18

@karoly-aczel said
Now you are being funny ...
Nope. I was being serious.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Oct 18

@fmf said
Nope. I was being serious.
truth Is funny

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Oct 18

@karoly-aczel said

The belief system labelled 'God' is not supposed to be an authoritarian one.

Amongst other things.
According to you.

F

Moves
18 Oct 18
1 edit

@karoly-aczel said
truth Is funny
I'll tell you one situation when I think "the
truth" was definitely funny and that was when I used to play cricket and I was fielding in the slips; if I took an absolutely blinding catch, falling away either to my right or to my left, and I just clutched that speeding ball off a quick delivery mere inches off the ground, at full stretch, in a way that could be described, perhaps by a hyperbolic onlooker or commentator, as "The Truth", I would just throw the ball up in the air and laugh at the feat I had accomplished, tickled pink by the delicious way to dismiss an opposing batsman. So, yeah, in a case like that, you're right.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Oct 18

@fmf said
truth" was definitely funny and that was when I used to play cricket and I was fielding in the slips; if I took an absolutely blinding catch, falling away either to my right or to my left, and I just clutched that speeding ball off a quick delivery mere inches off the ground, at full stretch, in a way that could be described, perhap ...[text shortened]... nk by the delicious way to dismiss an opposing batsman. So, yeah, in a case like that, you're right.
You lost me sir at 'cricket'...

F

Moves
18 Oct 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You lost me sir at 'cricket'...
Ouch! Something truncated to... "I'll tell you one situation when I think "the truth" was definitely funny and that was when I used to play cricket." ...draws a different picture! I did NOT look funny when I played cricket, and that's the truth. Hmmff.

Moves
18 Oct 18
4 edits

@fmf said
truth" was definitely funny and that was when I used to play cricket and I was fielding in the slips; if I took an absolutely blinding catch, falling away either to my right or to my left, and I just clutched that speeding ball off a quick delivery mere inches off the ground, at full stretch, in a way that could be described, perhap ...[text shortened]... nk by the delicious way to dismiss an opposing batsman. So, yeah, in a case like that, you're right.
Having fielded in the slips and silly mid-off I know exactly what you are talking about. I caught a ball with my thighs once (at silly mid-off), now that was funny. Not so funny that the ball hit me on the box first. Would have been even less funny if I wasn't wearing one.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
Having fielded in the slips and silly mid-off I know exactly what you are talking about. I caught a ball with my thighs once (at silly mid-off), now that was funny. Not so funny that the ball hit me on the box first. Would have been even less funny if I wasn't wearing one.
Did the ball by any chance ricochet up and hit you on the head?

😀

Moves
18 Oct 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Did the ball by any chance ricochet up and hit you on the head?

😀
Not on that occasion. 😆