1. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 05:052 edits
    My original question is not a trick question or anything like that, but is just a straight forward asking the question of what are 5-10 examples of true religion versus false religion.

Now if you are knowledgeable of what constitutes true religion and that is [ *maxims that must be accepted with reguards to describing true religion ] then that is all you need to know to go ahead and answer the question because the false religion examples will just be the opposite of the true examples.

Here is one example of true religion.

True religion will NOT be a new religion and there will be nowhere on a calendar that you can say [this is the day this religion started] because God is eternal and true religion is also eternal and is coming to mankind directly from the Supreme Lord at the beginning of creation and every other creation that went before this creation back to infinity. False religion will be a new religion, and you can mark it on a calendar the day it came into existence and not so long ago either, and it will come through the avenue of a man and not the Supreme Lord.

There is more to this example that meets the eye because to have something that is eternal puts it immediately into the position of authority, and something that is not eternal cannot and will not endure.

I am asking the original question because there are some in this forum who have got so much to say about religion, but I am quiet sure they don't know the difference between true religion and false religion, and which would not be acceptable if they are going to continue discussing religion into the future.

*So example 1 is [true religion is eternal] and false religion is not.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 05:13
    Originally posted by poker87
    My original question is not a trick question or anything like that, but is just a straight forward asking the question of what are 5-10 examples of true religion versus false religion.

Now if you are knowledgeable of what constitutes true religion and that is [ *maxims that must be accepted with reguards to describing true religion ] then that is all you ...[text shortened]... hich would not be acceptable if they are going to continue discussing religion into the future.
    This is more or less the way Dasa attempted to propagate Vedic teachings here on this forum, and it didn't work out well for him. He ended up deeply frustrated and leaving in complete disgrace.
  3. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 05:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is more or less the way Dasa attempted to propagate Vedic teachings here on this forum, and it didn't work out well for him. He ended up deeply frustrated and leaving in complete disgrace.
    You would have to be the most disrespectful human being I have ever met.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 05:38
    Well. Which part of what I said do you dispute?

Dasa's advocacy of Vedic teachings broadly speaking amounted to "it's the only 'true' religion" and "the oldest religion is the only 'true religion' because God is eternal" and little else. And he called everyone who did not agree with him "dishonest". Do you dispute this? You should go back and read his posts.

And it did not work well for him in this rather ecumenical community. Do you dispute this?

And as for 'leaving in disgrace', well, he did rather catch himself out with what he wrote in that deleted 19th December thread and then saying things which did not add up when he tried to blame the meaning of what he wrote on everybody who read it. Do you dispute this?

As for 'respect', I afforded more of this to Dasa than many other posters here: I constantly supported his right to believe what he wanted to believe about himself and I rarely departed from my measured and patient tone with him.

If you had spent more time active in this community you'd realize what I am saying is a pretty fair appraisal.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 05:39

Now if you are knowledgeable of what constitutes true religion and that is [ *maxims that must be accepted with reguards to describing true religion ] then that is all you ...[text shortened]... ion into the future.

Your comments here leave me with nothing to comment upon.
  6. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 08:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Leaving twice FMF - not once - and now perhaps we have another reincarnation.....
  7. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 09:22

Now if you are knowledgeable of what constitutes true religion and that is [ *maxims that must be accepted with reguards to describing true religion ] then that is all you ...[text shortened]... ion into the future.

So, what good is true religion then. A religion which does not help one to live a better life does not seem much use. A religion whose only purpose is "to deal with" people who do not agree with it seems to me to be a waste of time and we would be better offf without it. Something positive would be helpful
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 11:17
    Originally posted by nook7
    Leaving twice FMF - not once - and now perhaps we have another reincarnation.....
    Really, who was no1 dasa? I have not been here long either.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 11:301 edit
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Really, who was no1 dasa? I have not been here long either.
    Dasa was originally vishvahetu. Under that name he had to offer two massive humiliating apologies, a few months apart, to the whole community (I suppose I would have referred to these apologies more kindly than calling them "humiliating" if only he'd had the integrity to stick to the promises he made when he apologised, but he didn't, so the whole thing was a humiliation for him). Then he somehow persuaded the web site to allow him to change his screen name to Dasa [this is not a theory, he was open about it, and you can see his posts as 'vishvahetu' (minus all the deleted ones, presumably) by looking at the archive of 'Dasa' back in 2010] to mark a new, less abusive approach. This new 'persona' soon reverted to the bad old ways of vishvahetu and he had to apologise again, then flounced off in a strop at least once, if not twice, only to return, continue abusing people, spamming threads and inundating the forum with OPs that were just used by him to set up opportunities to heap insult upon anyone who responded - or disgreed with him, or professed a different belief system from him. Then, a few weeks back, he left in high dudgeon for what appears to have been the last time as 'Dasa' and now... we have this 'poker37' among us.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 11:46
    A quick glance at 'poker87's posting history should be enough to convince all but the most trusting that he's nothing more than a puppet.
  11. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 12:401 edit
    You really need to get out more, then.

FMF has been far politer and patient than most of us, and far politer than Dasa deserved.

Is "disrespectful" going to be your variation on "dishonest" (i.e. you do not agree with everything I say without question)?

Let's face it, you either are Dasa (my bet) or acting on his instructions/encouragement. Either way, the whole pretence is dishonest and tedious.
  12. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 13:46
    I can name several who have been more disrespectful, myself included. Just to let you know that when I am being disrespectful, I am only giving you information. Check out Dasa's post if you do not understand this
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 15:06

Dasa tried this argument, and you are just as wrong as he was. Presenting your twisted assertions as facts does not make them facts.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 15:091 edit
    Obviously, you haven't met me then.

I cannot be respectful to persons presenting lies as facts and trying to steer people away from the truth and toward sin.
  15. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 15:15
    So much to say but no one is answering the question.

Therefore it is determined that there is no person in this forum who knows the difference between true religion and false religion, which means they are not qualified to be in this forum.

I came here to the forum a little while ago to say a few words in defence of Dasa who had to put up with 2 years of abuse by the rat pack in this forum.

If you are new to the forum the rat pack is the 2 groups of people who continually attack Dasa with false straw-man complaints to defend their false teachings.

One group is the false science lobby who falsely teach that conscious life is all but the interaction of chemicals, and that these chemicals were accidentally thrown all over the cosmos when there was an accidental explosion called a big bang. But when asked to show us all a conscious awareness chemical they cannot do it.

The second group is the false religious lobby who falsely teach that all the dead and rotting Christian bodies in the grave shall one day come back to life when the man called Jesus returns to rescue them all in the future. But when informed by true religion that when a body is dead it will remain dead and only return to dust [they do not accept this truth]

This is the nonsense that Dasa has had to reject, and therefore do battle with all the dishonest persons in this forum day after day.

No one has answered the question I have asked, so everyone in this forum is not qualified to be in the spirituality forum speaking their absurd theories and beliefs.

Like Dasa I cannot continue to stay in this forum and argue with fools and rascals who are simply dishonest in every respect.

Long live Dasa and long live true religion [the Vedic teachings] which describes true religion in every detail and is for honest people only.

*And once again [ FMF you are the most disrespectful and dishonest individual I have ever met in my entire life]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree