1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 04:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Dasa definitely did say that on several occasions; seeing rvsakhadeo state it again here (even though he seems to adopt a less hard-line approach), does seem to reaffirm that the Vedic philosophy requires a person to have a certain level of intelligence in order to enter in. I find this revealing of the temporal origin and orientation of the dogma; more of a humanistic philosophy than a spiritual experience.
    That's not quite true.There are many different aspects of Vedic lterature. They cover not only religon and philisophy, but a great range of everyday-life teachings. Not all of which you have to be "intelligent" to understand. There are many everyday, simple tachings such as in the areas of health/medicine, agriculture,etc.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 04:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Do we get part 3?

Is that the conclusion or does the story go on too long, ( to long for what is appropiate for this forum)?
    *bump* for rvsakhadeo
  3. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 05:22
    So you are in fact aligned with dasa, who proclaims that the unintelligent cannot access the Vedic wisdom. This is a sad and cruel philosophy; it reminds me of a Mormon person I once knew who believed that mentality handicapped people could not enter the kingdom of God because they could not understand the message.
    Yourself and FMF have totally misunderstood me. The upanishad uses the words " intelligence " and " intelligent people " as that quality of those who are not misled by the manifest reality. Those whose curiosity is like Nachiketa's curiosity. Nothing to do with the IQ of any poster here. Let us not create issues where there are none. Pl.give a thought to what is contained in the story.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 05:27
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Yourself and FMF have totally misunderstood me.
    I think we have understood you perfectly.
  5. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 05:32
    So you are in fact aligned with dasa, who proclaims that the unintelligent cannot access the Vedic wisdom. This is a sad and cruel philosophy; it reminds me of a Mormon person I once knew who believed that mentality handicapped people could not enter the kingdom of God because they could not understand the message.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 05:48
    That's not quite true.
    Which part of my post are you referring to?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 05:49
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Yourself and FMF have totally misunderstood me. The upanishad uses the words " intelligence " and " intelligent people " as that quality of those who are not misled by the manifest reality. Those whose curiosity is like Nachiketa's curiosity. Nothing to do with the IQ of any poster here. Let us not create issues where there are none. Pl.give a thought to what is contained in the story.
    So intelligence has nothing to do with it then?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 05:542 edits
    "Vedic philosophy requires a person to have a certain level of intelligence in order to enter in."
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 05:57
    Perhaps you were right, as I re-read you did say "vedic philosophy" and not just "the vedas".
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 05:58
    "Vedic philosophy requires a person to have a certain level of intelligence in order to enter in."
    That is what is quoted in the OP and verified by rvsakhadeo on page one. Dasa is also a proponent of this. Are you more of a Vedic expert than dasa?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 05:58
    Perhaps you were right, as I re-read you did say "vedic philosophy" and not just "the vedas".
    What's the difference?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 06:02
    That is what is quoted in the OP and verified by rvsakhadeo on page one. Dasa is also a proponent of this. Are you more of a Vedic expert than dasa?
    I am not an expert, far from it on vedic lterature. I'm sure both dasa and rvsakhadeo are more knowledgable than me about the vedas.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 06:03
    What's the difference?
    The difference is that "vedic philosohpy" is but one branch of the Vedas.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 06:05
    The difference is that "vedic philosohpy" is but one branch of the Vedas.
    Well I was referring to whatever part of the Vedas the OP of this thread, and indeed dasa are referring to.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 06:08
    Well I was referring to whatever part of the Vedas the OP of this thread, and indeed dasa are referring to.
    Now you got me curious too. Which part of the vedas were you referring to,Dasa?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree