1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 06:12
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Now you got me curious too. Which part of the vedas were you referring to,Dasa?
    You will have ask him about that.
  2. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 06:14
    *bump* for rvsakhadeo
    Yes, there could have been a third part. But apparently apart from you,sonhouse,voidspirit, nobody seems to be interested in what is that which Nachiketa's story actually contains. In this forum, the atmosphere has been vitiated probably beyond repair. Personal attacks are the favourite weapon and not many are interested in exchanging meaningful dialogues. I am therefore thinking that I will not post any more. Quite disheartening.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 06:20
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Yes, there could have been a third part. But apparently apart from you,sonhouse,voidspirit, nobody seems to be interested in what is that which Nachiketa's story actually contains. In this forum, the atmosphere has been vitiated probably beyond repair. Personal attacks are the favourite weapon and not many are interested in exchanging meaningful dialogues. I am therefore thinking that I will not post any more. Quite disheartening.
    What personal attacks?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 06:20
    Dont let it get you down. I thought having sonhouse and voidspirit show interest was more than the average interst shown in such a story. Dont let the detractors voices get you down. I find that I have had many disheartening episodes on here where clearly the other was not willing to engage "in the spirit" of my posts. Counterbalancing this I have had more than my fair share of positive experiences on these waves.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 06:23
    How is disagreeing with someone's post a "personal attack"?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 06:27
    In this forum, the atmosphere has been vitiated probably beyond repair. Personal attacks are the favourite weapon and not many are interested in exchanging meaningful dialogues.
    Are you talking about Dasa again?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 06:371 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How is disagreeing with someone's post a "personal attack"?
    A few weeks ago, when rvsakhadeo found that we disagreed over our belief systems, he asked: "So why this self imposed restriction on imagination and thinking?" I think he just wants to assert stuff but not have it held up to any scrutiny.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 06:422 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    A few weeks ago, when rvsakhadeo found that we disagreed over our belief systems, he asked: "So why this self imposed restriction on imagination and thinking?" I think he just wants to say stuff but not have it held up to any scrutiny.
    I've not spoken with him much and I don't mean him any personal offence; but this idea (which I've heard a few times now) that spirituality is linked to or accessed through a certain level intelligence, can be quite offensive. Dasa is a big proponent of this and I wonder if it is a Vedic teaching or philosophy; it does seem to be.

He has stated above that it is not about any poster(s) in this forum, but that completely misses the point.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 07:08
    What would you call it then?
    They just don't want to admit the are too dumb to understand it.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 07:131 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    A few weeks ago, when rvsakhadeo found that we disagreed over our belief systems, he asked: "So why this self imposed restriction on imagination and thinking?" I think he just wants to assert stuff but not have it held up to any scrutiny.
    Am I mistaken, but isn't the Chess World Champion from India? I will
    have to look that up. I remember some chess player from India was
    very good.

P.S. Yes here it is: Viswanathan Anand
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship
  11. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 10:03
    Dont let it get you down. I thought having sonhouse and voidspirit show interest was more than the average interst shown in such a story. Dont let the detractors voices get you down. I find that I have had many disheartening episodes on here where clearly the other was not willing to engage "in the spirit" of my posts. Counterbalancing this I have had more than my fair share of positive experiences on these waves.
    Thanks, karoly. I was very much down in the dumps when I thought of not posting in this forum again. But, on reconsidering, I am determined to put forth my views, no matter if it means suffering pinpricks from flippant posters or posters whose interest is basically in ridiculing others.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 11:03
    Thanks, karoly. I was very much down in the dumps when I thought of not posting in this forum again. But, on reconsidering, I am determined to put forth my views, no matter if it means suffering pinpricks from flippant posters or posters whose interest is basically in ridiculing others.
    Just ignore the RJHinds of this world. He's just a bit like Dasa, that's all. Don't let these posters get to you.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 15:31
    I was interested -- and had time enough to go find the whole story (in several places; with slight variations) on my own. It's good, similar to one about Narada that I have posted a couple of times. In Narada's case, he does get distracted into another cycle of Samsara (if that's the right way to say it). This essential fact is pointed out to him in a humorous way -- the punch line being, "What took you so long?"

I agree with those who encourage you to keep on in this forum.
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 17:15
    I would also like to see part 3 please.
  15. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 18:05
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I would also like to see part 3 please.
    Yes, I will give the third part.But it takes time for me to type out and work and home distractions are there. So certainly tomorrow.It is 1135pm here and have go to bed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree