1. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    6785
    18 Apr '06 00:37
    To all Christians How strait or narrow is the way. What dose it take to go to heven? Please leave chapter and verse for your anwser. Thanks.🙂
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    3061
    18 Apr '06 01:28
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    To all Christians How strait or narrow is the way. What dose it take to go to heven? Please leave chapter and verse for your anwser. Thanks.🙂
    According to some verses, 'the way' is straight, indeed.

    Leviticus 20:13.
  3. London
    Joined
    28 Sep '04
    Moves
    110329
    18 Apr '06 01:34
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    According to some verses, 'the way' is straight, indeed.

    Leviticus 20:13.
    If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    6785
    18 Apr '06 20:18
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
    So a Gay cannot go to heven or must die? That is in the Old Testment dose it really count if it is in the old part of the bible?
  5. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Joined
    27 Apr '02
    Moves
    16879
    18 Apr '06 20:22
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
    What if they lie with one another is a different way?
  6. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    6785
    20 Apr '06 00:55
    This is not the kind of thred I wanted to start. I was thinking there are so many churches I am sure to get a lot of info on what it takes to go to heven. I thought there would be alot of responce from christians?
  7. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    20 Apr '06 01:29
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    This is not the kind of thred I wanted to start. I was thinking there are so many churches I am sure to get a lot of info on what it takes to go to heven. I thought there would be alot of responce from christians?
    Read Matthew 25 and just do it.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    3061
    20 Apr '06 01:44
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    This is not the kind of thred I wanted to start. I was thinking there are so many churches I am sure to get a lot of info on what it takes to go to heven. I thought there would be alot of responce from christians?
    No offense, but isn't it a rather silly question to begin with? Heaven is just some arbitrary construct employed to appease the ego and/or mask the absurd. Perhaps your question is along the lines of delineating what it takes to be a good person and to follow a 'path' of moral fortitude. That doesn't have any substantive connection with imaginary places about which some individuals think aloud.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    20 Apr '06 02:321 edit
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    To all Christians How strait or narrow is the way. What dose it take to go to heven? Please leave chapter and verse for your anwser. Thanks.🙂
    It takes good spelling and grammar to go to heaven. Go to it!

    The book of Scottish, chapter 1, verse 1.
  10. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    6785
    20 Apr '06 19:11
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    It takes good spelling and grammar to go to heaven. Go to it!

    The book of Scottish, chapter 1, verse 1.
    Could never make it then. My spelling stinks.
  11. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    110707
    20 Apr '06 20:14
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    So a Gay cannot go to heven or must die? That is in the Old Testment dose it really count if it is in the old part of the bible?
    Sometimes. You must denounce gays and give 10% of your gross income to the lord's church. But you can load up on all the BBQ pork you want.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    20 Apr '06 21:24
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    To all Christians How strait or narrow is the way. What dose it take to go to heven? Please leave chapter and verse for your anwser. Thanks.🙂
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

    So I would say that Jesus is the only way.

    John 6:28-29
    28Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"
    29Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

    So to do all the work that God requires is to believe in Jesus Christ.
  13. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Joined
    05 Mar '02
    Moves
    32455
    20 Apr '06 21:42
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    So to do all the work that God requires is to believe in Jesus Christ.
    And how do we know if someone believes? Not everyone who says 'Lord,
    Lord' will be admitted into the Kingdom of Heaven. So, belief entails
    works of charity, as per St James chapter 2, and St Matthew 25.

    You always omit that fact, RB. Why is that?

    Nemesio
  14. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    20 Apr '06 22:04
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    And how do we know if someone believes? Not everyone who says 'Lord,
    Lord' will be admitted into the Kingdom of Heaven. So, belief entails
    works of charity, as per St James chapter 2, and St Matthew 25.

    You always omit that fact, RB. Why is that?

    Nemesio
    Its the path of least resistance.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    20 Apr '06 22:05
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    And how do we know if someone believes? Not everyone who says 'Lord,
    Lord' will be admitted into the Kingdom of Heaven. So, belief entails
    works of charity, as per St James chapter 2, and St Matthew 25.

    You always omit that fact, RB. Why is that?

    Nemesio
    Jesus said it is the WORK of GOD not yourself to beleive in Him.

    And it is the good works that God has prepared for you to do in advance, the works that were layed out for you to do after you become a Christian.

    Good works mean nothing until you accept Christ. And one of the Works that Jesus say to do is to preach the Gospel to the whole world.
Back to Top