Striking Teachers

Striking Teachers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
21 May 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
This doesn't have anything to do with my like or dislike for politicians. And this doesn't have anything to do with giving teachers the tools to provide a quality education. The subject up to this point was teachers not being paid enough in Oklahoma and demanding a higher salary while being unwilling to do anything on their own such as relocate. Up ti ...[text shortened]... address it. Apparently due to sympathy and/or an emotional attachment to teachers in Oklahoma.
If you care about the children of Oklahoma then you fight for change. Shouldn't they have good schools too?

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
21 May 18

Originally posted by @eladar
If you care about the children of Oklahoma then you fight for change. Shouldn't they have good schools too?
When I joined the discussion, and in all the back and forth since, this has been about teacher salary. All I've ever done is make common sense observations on that specific subject. Yes. children should have good schools.

E

Moves
21 May 18
1 edit

When I joined the discussion, and in all the back and forth since, this has been about teacher salary. All I've ever done is make common sense observations on that specific subject. Yes. children should have good schools.
Then schools need good teachers and to find good people you are going to have to come up with a system where take home pay is more than 450 dollars a week, even in Oklahoma. Teachers deserve more respect than to compare income to high school graduate and drop out incomes. Compare salary to other bachelor degree jobs.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
21 May 18

Originally posted by @eladar
Then schools need good teachers and to find good people you are going to have to come up with a system where take home pay is more than 450 dollars a week, even in Oklahoma. Teachers deserve more respect than to compare income to high school graduate and drop out incomes. Compare salary to other bachelor degree jobs.
I wish you the best in your endeavor.

E

Moves
21 May 18

I wish you the best in your endeavor.
Thanks.