1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 08:212 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Exodus 3:14-15 (NASB)
    And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say
    to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" God, furthermore, said to
    Moses, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘The LORD, the God of your
    fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent
    me to you.’ This is My name , not Jehovah. All Hebrew scholars agree that Jehovah is not
    correct.
    "I AM WHO I AM" is a translation into english of the Hebrew YHWH???

no its not, in fact, its not even proper English never mind a proper translation of the tertragrammaton.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 08:311 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He (the holy spirit) does not come to speak of himself but to reveal Jesus. Through the "veil"of flesh we enter in.

He is the all in all, the first and the last the alpha & omega the beginning and the end The King of Kings and The Prince of peace, the Councillor, The Everlasting Father, The Mighty God.

AND

"Salvation is found in no on revelation at work in this truth.

JW doctrine denies you this truth and him of his glory.
    Scripture very clearly states that Jesus is the ONLY name by which we are saved,
    not the name of Jehovah???

Clearly you have never read,

(Proverbs 18:10) . . .The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous
    runs and is given protection.

(Psalm 18:2) . . .Jehovah is my crag and my stronghold and the Provider of escape
    for me. My God is my rock. I shall take refuge in him, My shield and my horn of
    salvation, my secure height. . .
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 08:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Scripture very clearly states that Jesus is the ONLY name by which we are saved,
    not the name of Jehovah???

Clearly you have never read,

(Proverbs 18:10) . . .The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous
    runs and is given protection.

(Psalm 18:2) . . .Jehovah is my crag and my stronghold and the Provider of escape
    for ...[text shortened]... my rock. I shall take refuge in him, My shield and my horn of
    salvation, my secure height. . .
    Haven't I told you Yahweh (Jehovah?) is the preincarnate Yahshua (Jesus)?
    When are you going to make a move in the chess game?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 08:44
    Haven't I told you Yahweh (Jehovah?) is the preincarnate Yahshua (Jesus)?
    When are you going to make a move in the chess game?
    I am interested in translation RJH, what the original language states and how best it is
    translated, all else is mere opinion.

Ill make a move when i can think of a plan. I hate to make plan-less moves, or moves
    that I dont understand, in chess one should be true to oneself.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 08:47
    I am interested in translation RJH, what the original language states and how best it is
    translated, all else is mere opinion.

Ill make a move when i can think of a plan. I hate to make plan-less moves, or moves
    that I dont understand, in chess one should be true to oneself.
    Okay, I thought you forget we had a game on. Keep up your study of the
    Holy Bible, seek and you shall find.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 08:501 edit
    Okay, I thought you forget we had a game on. Keep up your study of the
    Holy Bible, seek and you shall find.
    no i have not forgotten, in fact i was looking at your games against King and Pawn, he
    plays some very beautiful chess. Clear and simple and precise.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 09:15
    no i have not forgotten, in fact i was looking at your games against King and Pawn, he
    plays some very beautiful chess. Clear and simple and precise.
    King and Pawn is better than I am. I had a tough time with him. I knew
    I was losing for a good while, but I kept playing hoping he would make a
    mistake. He has only played 52 games and is already rated nbr. 4 on RHP.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 09:332 edits
    King and Pawn is better than I am. I had a tough time with him. I knew
    I was losing for a good while, but I kept playing hoping he would make a
    mistake. He has only played 52 games and is already rated nbr. 4 on RHP.
    you should look at his game against torten, its a French defence, it is such a beautiful
    game. Its looked as though the d pawn can be taken en prise at any moment, but in
    each and every instance King and pawn proves that its taboo, when eventually torten
    does take it, he finds out that it was poisoned! an amazing game.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 09:43
    Originally posted by sumydid
    The bible does not lie. And you cannot demonstrate otherwise, other than to borrow the writings from skeptic websites who haven't proven anything.

It's obvious that you don't take the subject seriously; with your silly argument against the bible, because it doesn't spell out for you "how to deflect an incoming asteroid."
    Actually it wasn't an argument against the bible.
    I was arguing that the claim that not one problem we could face was not solved in the bible is ridiculous and wrong.

That is, as I understand it, not supposed to be the point of the bible.
    It is supposed to be about how you should live your life (from a moral standpoint) and how to achieve 'salvation' for your soul.

Now I have issues with it as a moral guide, and don't believe in souls, but that's a different argument.

I was just pointing out the sheer ludicrousey and self evident falsity of the claim that the bible has a solution to every possible
    problem man faces.

I don't expect the bible to tell me how to deflect asteroids, But if it could solve every possible problem man could possibly face
    then that should be in there. Along with solutions to the infinity of other problems we could possibly face.

As those solutions are evidently not there, as evinced by all the Christians not solving all the worlds problems if nothing else.
    My argument is neither silly, nor as it happens against the bible.
    It was against the ludicrous argument made by galveston75:

" The Bible does not lie. It has never been proven wrong on any subject no matter how many that have tried. It has never lied about the past and every prophecy that was supposed to happen has come true and we now see the signs that the last few prophecies in the Bible are coming true as we speak just as Jesus fortold.
    And there is not ( 1 ) problem that we can encounter as a human that the Bible cannot help us with. "
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 09:594 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Actually it wasn't an argument against the bible.
    I was arguing that the claim that not one problem we could face was not solved in the bible is ridiculous and wrong.

It is supposed to be about how you should live your life (from a moral standpoint) and how to achieve 'salvation ) problem that we can encounter as a human that the Bible cannot help us with. "
    [/i][/b]
    Again using your own argument, how do you know that there is not one problem that
    the bible cannot help us with? You cite asteroids, how do you know? have you been
    an an asteroid collision and tested the proposition? Indeed what Biblical principles
    have you actually tested so that you may make reference to their fallibility? To cite
    the deficiency of Christianity as evidenced by those who profess to practice it, is a
    weak and beggarly argument, for it shifts the goal posts from the principles to the
    practitioner, ad hominen on a grand scale. You would have to demonstrate why their
    adherence to Biblical principles has failed invalidating the principles themselves.
    Indeed the argument is very strong that if one does apply the principles, one is
    likely to be more industrious, tolerant, forgiving, have better relationships, feel
    more purposeful etc etc As yet you have provided nothing to the contrary.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 10:08
    It is supposed to be about how you should live your life (from a moral standpoint) and how to achieve 'salvation' for your soul.
    Actually the Bible itself does not have a 'supposed to be'. It is a collection of books by various people all written for different and multiple purposes. (including historical record).
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 10:362 edits
    Show me where in the bible it says how to deal with cancer.
    Show me where it explains how to deflect an incoming asteroid.
    Predict an earthquake
    Or where it tells us whether or not P=nP

The bible lies, is contradictory, and wrong.
    And has been shown to be so many many times.
    The Jews who have the same old testament as their holy book read
    diffe es on and on.

Have a look here for more details.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Humanity is vastly older than the bible states.

Where does it state how old humanity is ? And don't tell me Mr. Ussher said so.
    That's Ussher's opinion based on his questionable calculations of geneologies.

The bible thinks the world is flat.

That's interesting because Jesus speaks of the time of the rapture. Some will be working in the field or grinding at the mill, day work, and some will be sleeping in the bed.

That suggest that in this event people on different sides of the globe will be experiencing simultaneously day labor and "night" sleeping (Luke 17:34)[/b].

Compare Matthew 24:40-42 Luke 17:34-36.

I decided to definitely put my trust in Christ and the Bible as the word of God.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 11:023 edits
    The word "triune" is not in the Scripture as far as I know

then why are you seeking to make out as if its a Biblical teaching, when you know
    its not found in scripture? Its dishonest at worst and goes beyond what is written,
    of which Paul himself warns against.

(1 Corinthians 4:6) . . .“Do not go beyond the things that are written,” in ord ...[text shortened]... t being 'head', of
    the congregation, therefore pre-eminent is acceptable in this instance.

then why are you seeking to make out as if its a Biblical teaching, when you know
    its not found in scripture? Its dishonest at worst and goes beyond what is written,

I do not object to the use of the word triune as in "Triune God" because the FACT is there in the Bible - the Father is Godm, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God.

And experiencially, the Christians cannot detect or tell of any separation between them. That is what the BIBLE teaches.

(1 Corinthians 4:6) . . .“Do not go beyond the things that are written,” in order that
    you may not be puffed up individually in favor of the one against the other.

See the above paragraph about what the I said the Bible teaches.

Here is your proof as you have been shown many, many times before. This is not for your sake but that others may not be deceived by your criticism and unbelief:

"But you are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Yet if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him. But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to our mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you." (Romans 8:9-11)

Under the inspiration of God the Apostle Paul uses these titles in a completely interchangeable manner:

The Spirit of God,
    The Spirit of Christ,
    Christ,
    The Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead

This is the experience of the indwelling Triune God. And the believer cannot detect any separation between Christ, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead. So there is a distinction between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. But there is no separation.

This is one of many places supporting the truth of a phrase such as "Triune God". The fact is there in the Bible. The word "triune" may not be. But the fact of the Three-one God is there.

The actual Greek term, found at Colossains 1:18, is from the Greek term protos, as in that which is first of a kind, of which we derive the term prototype. Never the less, the context makes it clear that it is with reference to position, Christ being 'head', of the congregation, therefore pre-eminent is acceptable in this instance.

He has the first place of preeminence because God does.

I gave you examples from a few reputable translations of the Greek text. I stand by them 100%. I do not stand by your Jehovah's Witness theology to attempt to devalue the preeminence of Christ to take believers back to the Old Testament pre-incarnation of God. This is your rebellion. This is revolt against the economy of God and demonic / human rebellion against the revelation of the Bible.

I totally reject that Christ is not preeminent in both the old creation and the new creation.

Being the prototype does not make Him not the preeminent Christ.

"For in Him all the fullness was pleased to dwell ..." (v.19)

ALL of the FULLNESS of what God is was PLEASED to dwell in Jesus Christ. It may displease you all down at the Jehovah's Witnesses kingdom hall. But it PLEASED the FULLNESS. And that is what I care about.

"For in Him ALL the fullness was PLEASED to dwell."

You Jehovah's Witnesses are displeased at what the FULLNESS was pleased. It is as simple as that.

" ... that He Himself might have the first place in all things" (v.18)

Was that "the first place in [SOME] things?" Or was that "the first place in ALL things?"
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 12:368 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill

I do not object to the use of the word triune as in "Triune Go OME] things?"
    Or was that "the first place in ALL things?" [/b]
    Let me ask you honestly Jaywill, who established the trinity? Is it not true that it
    was formed by the church fathers. Who are the church fathers that they should seek
    to impose their exegesis on scripture? Were they inspired by God to pen any
    letters? If it is so fundamentally important to your belief, why is it not explicitly
    stated in scripture? Christ teaches us about fundamentals, our relationship with
    God, our relationship with others, how to cultivate humility etc etc why does he not
    mention the doctrine if it is sooo important. Does that not strike you as rather
    strange, to say the least? I would not mind so much if one simply states as the
    Catholics do, 'its church tradition', that would be fine, but the protestant manifesto
    was founded upon the idea of 'sola scriptura', scripture alone, which intends the
    adherent to be able to get experience of God through scripture directly. The trinity
    appears to me to bar, prevent, divert this experience by introducing an alien
    concept and is a cause for stumbling. I know you are a sincere believer, admirably
    so, you must think about this thing deeply, prayerfully.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 13:47
    Originally posted by menace71
    I agree with you R.C. to the extent that Jesus was indeed the perfect sacrifice and lived the perfect life. Also that Jesus paid for all of the sins for all time.

However why couldn't Galvo answer that? One name under heaven by which men can be saved!!! One 🙂 very simple not complicated

Manny
    Manny..he did very clearly answer you. Look back and re read his comment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree