1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 14:422 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No.

Perhaps you could pick one and explain where you see superstition in it.
    Here's a superstition: Smoking is weed is bad for you (as compared to say alcohol, which is legal).
    Heck there were even "reefer Madness " movies made to demonize it? you are aware of these flicks right? These days they are replayed for comic value.

Something that grows in the ground , extremely easily, of which there are cannabinoid receptors found throughout all animals (down to sea slugs) , which has been used by nearly all culture from time immemorial except when it got banned by cotton in the 20's.

I'm talking about saving young lives here
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:05
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Here's a superstition: Smoking is weed is bad for you (as compared to say alcohol, which is legal).
    Perhaps you could give your definition for the word 'superstition' because the above usage is non-standard.

Google for example gives me this:
    Supernatural:
    excessively credulous belief in and reverence for the supernatural.

a widely held but irrational belief in supernatural influences, especially as leading to good or bad luck, or a practice based on such a belief.

Clearly that does not apply to the situation you are talking about.

As for the statement itself, both smoking weed and alcohol are bad for you.

Something that grows in the ground , extremely easily, of which there are cannabinoid receptors found throughout all animals (down to sea slugs) , which has been used by nearly all culture from time immemorial except when it got banned by cotton in the 20's.
    Now I wouldn't call that superstition, but it sure isn't rational discussion.

I'm talking about saving young lives here
    Are you? I don't see you saying anything about saving lives. How do you see saving lives coming in to it?
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 16:02
    free the weed

I don't think we will backtrack on this. The federal government, trump, don't try to tear this apart, because you know

free the weed
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 17:11
    Originally posted by apathist
    free the weed

I don't think we will backtrack on this. The federal government, trump, don't try to tear this apart, because you know

free the weed
    If I recall correctly, Karoly is Australian.

I do think it should be legalized and that both it and alcohol should be taxed and discouraged like cigarettes.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 18:03
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    More oxymorons,eh?
    Perfection flees from me, and i know it. So to keep the gremlins at bay in my head (the block of wood) i knock on it. LOL
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 22:49
    Perhaps you could give your definition for the word 'superstition' because the above usage is non-standard.

Google for example gives me this:
    [quote]Supernatural:
    excessively credulous belief in and reverence for the supernatural.

a widely held but irrational belief in supernatural influences, especially as leading to good or bad luck, or a practi ...[text shortened]... I don't see you saying anything about saving lives. How do you see saving lives coming in to it?
    marijuana doesn't kill people like alcohol and tobacco smoking.
    I'd rather young people smoke weed out of the 3, if they had to do it, which many of them seem to want to
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 22:51
    Originally posted by apathist
    free the weed

free the weed
    The states are taking over, in the U.S. as well right?.
    In other places laws exist but police don't care to process individuals over small amounts and nothing else.
    My state (Queensland) remains imperious
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 22:561 edit
    If I recall correctly, Karoly is Australian.

I do think it should be legalized and that both it and alcohol should be taxed and discouraged like cigarettes.
    Cigarettes and alcohol are highly discouraged. No adverts at sporting events for decades.
    point is they keep pumping money into stopping ciggie smokers and the ones that want to smoke remain.
    So some 25 years ago a huge campaign was started with millions in ads. The smokers went from 50% down to about 30%. A success right?
    So why continue to spend this money. every other concievable law against cigs has been made. Your home remains one of the onlyplaces you can smoke cigs. And yet people do what they do
    edit: miseread "do" as "don't". Oh well the post is there anyhoo
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 22:58
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Perfection flees from me, and i know it. So to keep the gremlins at bay in my head (the block of wood) i knock on it. LOL
    Is that like tonguing a scab inside your mouth

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree