1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 16:211 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why don't you believe the first chapter of Genesis is not from God's authority? It is stated that God created the heavens and earth and animals to bring forth after their kind as taking less than a week's time. Whereas you have claimed it took billions of years.
    This is what I'm talking about. God doesn't tell us everything. There's more going on in that bit of Genesis that you can't see than what you can see. But people down through the ages have put their own meanings on what Genesis says so that they appear to be the "righteous" ones. You read it was six days, and that's good enough for you. We've since found out that it was NOT six days, so obviously God's days are not our days. How about some discernment here? Not only do you claim it happened EXACTLY as it says (remember, scripture was written for ancient man first, it had to be written so it could be understood, even for those with limited knowledge), and not only that, but you think that what is in the Bible is ALL that happened. This is not even remotely true.

Everything in the Bible IS from God's authority. God's authority. NOT your authority.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 16:311 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, this is an interesting spin on it, since when I hear the word "hope" I always think of this "vague, wishful thinking" you're talking about. "Confident expectation of favorable outcome" is not a definition I've thought about much. As a believer, I take the authority of God as a given. I'm sure all Christians with even a modicum of faith do too. So, ...[text shortened]... authority from Him and donning it like one's own robe, and that is indeed a tall order for some.
    Less "an interesting spin" than the actual meaning within the inspired Word of God. "My faith in God translates directly
    to a "confident expectation that what He says will happen will come to pass." Amen, Suzi [which means "We/I agree"].
    The only alternative to taking "the authority of God as a given" is to view yourself as Sovereign God of the Universe.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 16:322 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is what I'm talking about. God doesn't tell us everything. There's more going on in that bit of Genesis that you can't see than what you can see. But people down through the ages have put their own meanings on what Genesis says so that they appear to be the "righteous" ones. You read it was six days, and that's good enough for you. We've si ...[text shortened]...
    Everything in the Bible IS from God's authority. God's authority. NOT your authority.
    "Everything in the Bible IS from God's authority. God's authority. NOT your authority." -Suzianne

Ditto in an All in Royal Flush in Spades!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree