1. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 14:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    As usual, your exegesis is spectacularly trivial and banal. Or perhaps it would be, if you actually tried to explain or interpret scripture, instead of merely naysaying. Saying that he "hasn't considered the context" is laughable.

It might have value to somebody, somewhere, if only your own text inspired the evolution of your dogma, like most churches, ...[text shortened]...

You are far from a Hebrew or Greek expert, no matter how important it is to you to appear so.
    You seem to enter the forum, swing a few punches around and then leave contributing nothing meaningful. Ironic all things considered.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 14:22
    Now you're just sounding like FMF.

Yeah, like you're just making stuff up.
    and you sound like a tortured bagpipe.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 14:26
    Anyone. What did the last Adam become ?

I ask, What did the last Adam become ? (Hint: 1 Cor. 15:45b)
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 16:07
    Originally posted by sonship
    Anyone. What did the last Adam become ?

I ask, What did the last Adam become ? [b] (Hint: 1 Cor. 15:45b)
    [/b]
    He certainly did not become third part of a pagan trinity, thats 4sure.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 19:124 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    He certainly did not become third part of a pagan trinity, thats 4sure.
    I asked what He DID become.
    He became a life giving Spirit (1 Cor. 15:45).

Go look in the mirror if you want to see someone brought captive to pagan beliefs.
    Your attempt to label the three-oneness of God pagan will fail as much as your feeble attempt to label Romans 7 - 8 as Gnostic Docetism.

Go complain about your founder Charles Taze Russell's fascination with pagan numerology and pagan pyramids if you want to complain about Bible students under the influence of pagan belief.

Jehovah's Witnesses Founder Charles Taze Russell's Gravesite - JW.ORG
    YouTube

Charles Taze Russell and Pyramidology. jw.org
    YouTube
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 12:25
    The Third Peson of the Triune God is symbolized as an overshadowing cloud. To establish this we first can see the Apostle Paul says that the Israelites were under the cloud (1 Cor. 10:1). Now the '"cloud" under which they were baptized is associated with the one Spirit into which the Christians were baptized.

So I have the ground to say the Old Testament glorious cloud of God was a symbol of the Holy Spirit. Examine the two Pauline passages.

"For I do not want you to be ignorant brothers, that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And all were baptized unto Moses in the CLOUD and in the sea." (1 Cor. 10:1,2)

"For also in one Spirit we were all baptized into one Body, ..." (1 Cor. 12:13a)

We certainly are on safe ground, even solid ground, to interpret the cloud pillar in Exodus as a symbol of the Holy Spirit to come in the New Testament.

So then, elsewhere in the Old Testament, the glorious cloud must still point symbolically to the Third of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 12:321 edit
    I have proved that the CLOUD points to the Holy Spirit by comparing First Corintians 10:1,2 and chapter 12 verse 13.

It is crucial though to see that this Holy Spirit the Christians not only are baptized into BUT He ALSO comes INTO them. For what they are baptized into also becomes what they DRINK into themselves.

"For also in one Spirit we were all baptized into one Body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and were all given to drink of one Spirit." (1 Cor. 12:13)

Can you see this marvelous revelation ? The Holy Spirit that the Christians are baptized into also become the BEVERAGE that they DRINK into themselves.

" ... and were all given to DRINK ... of one Spirit"

When we believe into Jesus Christ we are put INTO the Holy Spirit and given to drink that Holy Spirit into which we have been immersed.

In understanding this mingling of the Holy Spirit with the saved, we now can have these symbols of the Spirit be even more meaningful.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 12:41
    God desires to put the saved INTO the Third Person of the Trinity and to put the Third Person of the Trinity into them. This is indeed a mingling of God and man.

The Holy Spirit is the final REACHING of God out from eternity and down INTO man's being. He becomes the sphere into which man is put and the Divine Drink that man brings into himself.

" For also in one Spirit were we all baptized into one Body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and were all given to DRINK ... one Spirit." (1 Cor. 12:13)

Whether He is the breath out of Jesus breathed into the disciples (John 20:22) where Jesus says "Receive the Holy Spirit" or the mighty rushing wind that filled the house in Acts 2:1-4 or the Spirit into which being baptized the saved now DRINK as a divine beverage, God wants to impress us that He finally reaches man as the Third of the Triune God.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 12:45
    So we may pray -

"Lord Jesus, put me into You and put Yourself into me. I ask you to plunge me into the Holy Spirit and let me take into my spirit the Holy Spirit as a drink - according to Your word dear Lord Jesus."

Since "the Lord is the Spirit" it is then no wonder that Jesus said that in that day, we would realize that He is in the Father, and we in Him, and He in us.

God's eternal purpose is to mingle Himself with man and intensify this mingling of God and man. What a tremendous purpose it is then to be a believer in Jesus Christ!

" In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you." (John 14:20)
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 15:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You seem to enter the forum, swing a few punches around and then leave contributing nothing meaningful. Ironic all things considered.

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 16:38

more tortured bagpipes!
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 14:233 edits
    A symbol of the Holy Spirit. filling the church on earth is seen in the cloud filling the tabernacle that Moses had built.

First we see in Ephesians "the habitation of God in spirit" building up the living temple of the church.

"For through Him we both nave access on one Spirit unto the Father,

So that you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,

Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone;

In whom all the building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord;

In whom you also are being built together into a dwelling place of God in spirit." (Eph. 2:18-22)

That is the caption in the New Testament underneath the picture in the Old Testament. Now we see the picture in the Old Testament;

" Then the CLOUD covered the Tent of Meeting, and the glory of Jehovah filled the tabernacle." (Exo. 40:34)

"And Moses was not able to enter the Tent of Meeting, because the CLOUD settled on it, and the glory of Jehovah filled the tabernacle. " (v.35)

"And whenever the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel set out on all their journeys; (v.36)

But if the cloud was not taken up, then they did not set out until the day that it was taken up. (v.37)

For the cloud of Jehovah was upon the tabernacle by day, and there was fire in it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel on all their journeys " (V. 38)

The cloud symbolizing the Holy Spirit guided the people of God. It also enlightened the people of God and defended them against the worldly Egyptians. The cloud filled the tabernacle with the glory of God.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 14:351 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    A symbol of the Holy Spirit. filling the church on earth is seen in the [b]cloud filling the tabernacle that Moses had built.

First we see in Ephesians "the habitation of God in spirit" building up the living temple of the church.

[quote] "For through Him we both nave access on one Spirit unto the Father,

So that you are no longer str ...[text shortened]... nded them against the worldly Egyptians. The cloud filled the tabernacle with the glory of God.
    If you didn't pollute your all sermons with the erroneous trinity doctrine, you may find you get more interest.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 19:453 edits
    The Trinity is seen clearly in the passage Ephesians 2:18-22.

The Father is seen in verse 18:

"... we both have access .. unto the Father." (v.18)

The Son is seen in verse 20.

"Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus being the chief cornerstone, " (v.20)

And in verse 18 we also see the Holy Spirit.

"For through Him we both have access in one Spirit ..." (v.18a)

Actually the Son and the Holy Spirit and the Father are all mentioned in verse 18:

" For through Him [the Son] we both have access in one Spirit [the Holy Spirit] unto the Father [the Father] ."

God is triune for the accomplishing of His economy and fulfilling His eternal purpose to build God into man and man into God for His living "habitation".

The Holy Spirit is also strongly implied when it says "the habitation of God in [human] spirit" (v.22)

For for the redeemed and regenerated human beings, the Holy Spirit is joined to their human spirit to be one mingled and united spirit (1 Cor. 6:17) .

Here is verse 22 with the strong implication of the Third of the Trinity WITH the human spirit.

"In whom you also are being built together into a dwelling place [or habitation] of God in spirit."
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 21:49
    Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God is ... ONE.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree