1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 23:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God is ... ONE.
    Nothing he's been saying... NOTHING... denies that.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 08:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Nothing he's been saying... NOTHING... denies that.
    Other than God is THREE
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 12:362 edits
    Man's human spirit was designed to be the house of God. Man's humans spirit, his innermost kernel of his being, was meant to be the habitation of God. This is why the Apostle Paul speaks of - "the dwelling place of God in spirit" (Eph. 2:22)

To be "one spirit" with the Lord is the Lord coming into His dwelling place and habitation, the regenerated human spirit.

it helps to review Isaiah 66:1,2 about Jehovah God seeking a house in no other place in heaven or earth except with the human spirit. Then we may begin to appreciate - "a dwelling place of God in spirit".

" Thus says Jehovah,

Heaven is My throne And the earth is the footstool of My feet. Where then is the house that you will build unto Me, and where is the place of My rest?

For all these things My hand has made, And so all these things have come into being, declares Jehovah.

But to this kind of man will I look, to him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, and who tremble at My word." (Isa. 66:1,2)

Ultimately God looks for His house, His dwelling place IN MAN. Ultimately nothing in either heaven or created in the universe is suitable for God to inhabit and have rest and satisfaction until God resides in the human spirit of the humble believers.

To this kind of man He will look. Not to heaven even nor to anything constructed by men, not even a physical tabernacle or a temple. For His rest and dwelling God looks to a humbled humanity. In the spirit of such men God will have His habitation.

He reaches this dwelling by indwelling men and women and BUILDING them up together corporately into a living habitation of God in their spirit.

Paul tells the Christians in Ephesus that God is building them into His habitation of God in spirit. And Paul informs the church in Corinth -

" Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" (1 Cor. 3:16)
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 12:462 edits
    Other than God is THREE
    Triune means - three-one.
    Don't harden your heart by calling this revelation "mumbo jumbo."

Does the plural pronoun "Us" mean more than one ?

" That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us ..." (John 17:21a)

Does the plural pronoun "We" pertain to more than one ?

" Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (Jon 14:23)
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 15:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 15:572 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    Triune means - three-one.
    Don't harden your heart by calling this revelation "mumbo jumbo."
    If you say so; it's a nonsense word to me, with a nonsense explanation. "Three-one" means nothing.

The word "triune" is not a "revelation" either, that is just you being pompous. It's not even in the Bible, it's just man made error.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 18:334 edits
    If you say so; it's a nonsense word to me, with a nonsense explanation. "Three-one" means nothing.

The word "triune" is not a "revelation" either, that is just you being pompous. It's not even in the Bible, it's just man made error.
    Let me ask you then. Do you know how the Israelite priests used the Urim and the Thummin to have God speak to them and guide them ?

If you know how they used the breastplate of the high priest with the Urim and the Thummin to give them spiritual guidance please tell me in what chapter of the Hebrew canon this is revealed.

The Urim and the Thummim themselves of the priest's ephod are mentioned in (Ex. 28:15–30; Lev. 8:8).
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 18:425 edits
    Divegeester and others cry "No word Trinity mentioned in the Bible!". Yes, they are correct. That word does not appear in the Scriptures.

However, God guided the people into the Old Testament with the Urim and the Thummim of the priest's breastplate. Yet we are not told in the Hebrew canonical Scriptures HOW this was done. We do have some writings which explain to the best that we know.

God guided His people and some details of this was not recorded in the canon of the Hebrew Bible. It is possible that in the New Testament, God guided his church in certain matters concerning their defending the nature of Christ and of God. And words perhaps used by the brothers of old were not explicitly recorded in the New Testament canon, ie. "Trinity, Incarnation, Substitution, Rapture" His people with such methods or words even though the words were not explicitly mentioned in the New Testament canon.

It is possible. And I say that this is the case with "Triune God" or "Trinity". But if not, the FACT of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is still entirely biblical.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 20:54
    Let me ask you then. Do you know how the Israelite priests used the [b]Urim and the Thummin to have God speak to them and guide them ?

If you know how they used the breastplate of the high priest with the Urim and the Thummin to give them spiritual guidance please tell me in what chapter of the Hebrew canon this is revealed.

The ...[text shortened]... e Thummim themselves of the priest's ephod are mentioned in (Ex. 28:15–30; Lev. 8:8). [/b]
    Just because you cannot find a scriptural quote for something else doesn't give you licence to introduce error.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 20:573 edits
    Divegeester and others cry "No word Trinity mentioned in the Bible!". Yes, they are correct. That word does not appear in the Scriptures.

However, God guided the people into the Old Testament with the [b]Urim
    and the Thummim of the priest's breastplate. Yet we are not told in the Hebrew canonical Scriptures HOW this was done. We do have some ...[text shortened]... inity"[/b]. But if not, the FACT of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is still entirely biblical.[/b]
    No.

Hear oh Israel the Lord your God is ONE.

Not "three", not "triune", not "trinity", not "three-one" not another maner of man-made explaination for the mystery of the Godhead.

He is "ONE". Singular, solitary, "besides him there is NO other , alone, unique, complete and fully revealed in the flesh, "the right arm laid bare" in Jesus Christ. "He will not give his glory to another". He is the ONE and the same entity in whatever office or manifestation he chooses.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 18:052 edits
    No.

Hear oh Israel the Lord your God is ONE.

Not "three", not "triune", not "trinity", not "three-one" not another maner of man-made explaination for the mystery of the Godhead.

He is "ONE". Singular, solitary, "besides him there is NO other , alone, unique, complete and fully revealed in the flesh, "the right arm laid bare" in Jesus Christ. ...[text shortened]... y to another". He is the ONE and the same entity in whatever office or manifestation he chooses.
    If you ignore my questions about these verses, perhaps you hope they will just kind of evaporate from the New Testament ?

" That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us ..." (John 17:21a)

Does the plural pronoun "We" pertain to more than one ?

" Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

They're still there in my Bible.

Do you want God to fulfill His purpose ?
    Or do you prefer that God not fulfill His purpose to impart Himself into man, as long as He remains objective, outside, so you can deny the "We" and the "Us" of the Father and the Son ?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 18:08
    As believers in Christ we should want God to complete His economy of dispensing Himself into man.

We believers love that revelation of God being one. But we should also love the revelation that to dispense Himself into His redeemed people He Who is One is also the Divine "We" and the Divine "Us".

Divegeester, are you hoping those passages will just fade away ?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 18:252 edits
    My subject is symbols for the Third "Person" of the Trinity - the Holy Spirit.
    Human language is hardly able to describe this incredible and mysterious God.
    So I borrow the word "Person".
    It is hard to press it too far.

But anyway, I think I adequately showed the parallel between the Holy Spirit filling the habitation of God in spirit, the church and its symbol of the CLOUD filling the tabernacle.

Here again we see the cloud filling the temple built by Solomon. God's Spirit comes to fill His house, His dwelling place.

"And when Solomon had finished praying the fire came down from heaven and devoured the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of Jehovah filled the house.

And the priests were not able to enter the house of Jehovah, for the glory of Jehovah filled the house of Jehovah.

And all the children of Israel, seeing the fire coming down and the glory of Jehovah upon the house, bowed down on the pavement with their faces to the ground and worshipped and thanked Jehovah saying. For He is good; for His livingkindness endures forever." ( 2 Chron. 7:1-3)

The glory is mentioned. But where is the cloud mentioned? It is mentioned in the parallel account in First Kings 8:11.

"And the priests were not able to stand and minister because of the cloud, for the glory of Jehovah filled the house of Jehovah."

That is the picture. And the New Testament caption underneath the Old Testament picture is about the church, which consummates in the New Jerusalem, being the living building of God as His habitation in spirit.

" Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone; In whom all the building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord;

In whom you also are being built together into a dwelling place of God in spirit." (Eph. 2:20-22)
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 18:49
    As believers in Christ we should want God to complete His economy of dispensing Himself into man.

We believers love that revelation of God being one. But we should also love the revelation that to dispense Himself into His redeemed people He Who is One is also the Divine [b]"We"
    and the Divine "Us".

Divegeester, are you hoping those passages will just fade away ?[/b]
    Hear oh Israel the Lord your God is one.

That's it. Every single thing you teach about the trinity is man made error, because the trinity teaching itself is error. It permeates all your thinking rendering your ministry ineffective.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 19:104 edits
    Hear oh Israel the Lord your God is one.

That's it. Every single thing you teach about the trinity is man made error, because the trinity teaching itself is error. It permeates all your thinking rendering your ministry ineffective.
    It is noted that you evaded the questions still.

So I will just have to press on for those who can see the divine "We" and the divine "Us". I surely didn't write those passages.

We see that the Father and the Son are the divine "We" and the divine "Us". How about the Holy Spirit and God the Father?

The Holy Spirit searches even the depths of God and God the Father knows what is the mind of the Spirit:

" Moreover, in like manner the Spirit also joins in to help us in our weakness, for we do not know for what we should pray as is fitting,

but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

But He
    [ the Father ] who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He [ the Spirit] intercedes for the saints according to God." ( Rom. 8:26,27)

Surely, here also we see a divine two, the interceding Holy Spirit, interceding to God the Father, and God the Father knowing what is the mind of the Holy Spirit.

Praise God for His triune nature.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree