+++

more Taoist Texts:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/tao/index.htm
  2. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 12:56
    This is in the wrong forum !

This forum is about SPIRITUALITY, you know, things about God, Jesus, and the bible.
    What is this nonsense doing there 😠
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 13:03
    Originally posted by r99pawn77
    Tao Te Ching

(entire text online)

http://acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~phalsall/texts/taote-v3.html

+++

Taoist Meditation

http://1stholistic.com/meditation/hol_meditation_taoist_meditation.htm

+++

more Taoist Texts:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/tao/index.htm
    be water my friend!
  4. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 14:14
    Thanks for the links!

Diamond Sutra
    http://www.diamond-sutra.com/diamond_sutra_translation.html
    Not purely taoist but you can't deny the distinct overlappings of the prominent asian religions

Heart Sutra
    http://www.thubtenchodron.org/PrayersAndPractices/heart_of_wisdom_sutra.html
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 18:32
    Originally posted by shorbock
    This is in the wrong forum !

This forum is about SPIRITUALITY, you know, things about God, Jesus, and the bible.
    What is this nonsense doing there 😠
    That's it is it? God, Jesus and the bible? Anything not to do with those three things is not spirituality?
  6. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 22:571 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    That's it is it? God, Jesus and the bible? Anything not to do with those three things is not spirituality?
    Right. Don't mix spirituality with superstition.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 23:17
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Not only is in not spiritual, its downright satanic.
  8. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 23:43
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Not only is in not spiritual, its downright satanic.
    yes, "Countless Billions of souls have been doomed to Hellfire by false religion" to quote a great christian proselyte
    See his website there for more insight: http://alturl.com/ojmm
  9. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 00:14
    Ok, i stop trolling, it's just so tempting in this forum!
    Back to the thread, i've always felt a bit uneasy with the sexism of tao, especially Yin and Yang :
    While being complementary,
    - yin is feminity ...and passivity, darkness, ghosts, cold, slowness
    - yang is masculinity, and activity, energy, sun
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 03:37
    Originally posted by shorbock
    Ok, i stop trolling, it's just so tempting in this forum!
    Back to the thread, i've always felt a bit uneasy with the sexism of tao, especially Yin and Yang :
    While being complementary,
    - yin is feminity ...and passivity, darkness, ghosts, cold, slowness
    - yang is masculinity, and activity, energy, sun
    Ya, nice introduction to Taoism.
    I wonder what vishva thinks about this?

While we must resort to words on this contentous forum, I must remind the readers that I lean towards vishvas views. Sure he's crude, uneducated and downright wrong sometimes, but he's bearing his soul.
    Proof? Are you kidding? (Twitehead and the Lord Shark types), you cant prove God.
    Some theists try to dish up goobly gook from the bible.
    Geez?!
    You see why I like telling stories. You either get something out of it or you dont.
    There is no right and wrong. Its just stories.
    What? You think your peer-reviewed scientific journals are going to get you anywhere? You guys dont even have a decent comment on Quantum-which is the nearest thing we have to describing reality.(I am reminded of the dialogue between twitehead and blackbeetle over at science)
    So give vishva a break. He is telling a story. A story about Spirit being incarnated as man.
    There is much rejoicing to be had for those who leave their intellectual-posturings behind.
    Cheers big buddies🙂
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 03:553 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Ya, nice introduction to Taoism.
    I wonder what vishva thinks about this?

While we must resort to words on this contentous forum, I must remind the readers that I lean towards vishvas views. Sure he's crude, uneducated and downright wrong sometimes, but he's bearing his soul.
    Proof? Are you kidding? (Twitehead and the Lord Shark types), you cant p ...[text shortened]... cing to be had for those who leave their intellectual-posturings behind.
    Cheers big buddies🙂
    What basis does Vishva have for asserting the truth of reincarnation? How could he possibly have knowledge about the supernatural so as to be so confident on his high horse? How can anyone assert the truth/existence of anything that is supernatural without being in someway supernatural themselves? The mind is potentially a warren of deception that can conjure false memories and perceptions so individual claims of exposure to the supernatural are not reliable.

For all notions of spiritualism that invoke the supernatural then no person has any grounds to claim that their conception or idea of spirituality is any better than someone elses until they demonstrate to the satisfaction of those who doubt them they are capable of detecting or being supernatural. I'd go so far as to say that the fundamentalist Christian view of god is no less plausible than Vishva's.

Furthermore Vishva is not telling a story; he's shooting down, with hostility and unwarranted condescension, every position counter to his own backed up with little more than ignorance and wishful thinking.
  12. Joined
    29 May '10
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 04:05
    you guys ever try any Tai-Chi? That stuff is just great...

My brother and his wife got into it for awhile. I just ran through a few basic forms....

completely fun and interesting stuff...

maybe hippies are a kind of modern Taoism? You know, just let it all slide....

seems better than all the uptight nonsense going on most of the time...
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 04:132 edits
    you guys ever try any Tai-Chi? That stuff is just great...

My brother and his wife got into it for awhile. I just ran through a few basic forms....

completely fun and interesting stuff...

maybe hippies are a kind of modern Taoism? You know, just let it all slide....

seems better than all the uptight nonsense going on most of the time...
    Not Tai-Chi, but did a bit of Tai Kwondo, then I got bogged down with studies/procrastination and moved far enough away such that I stopped going (add to that I have the flexibility of a brick). Our instructor Mr Iqbal was great though and I'd like to start up again at some point.

He always used to run us through a couple of minutes of winding down after sessions ended (which may perhaps be likened to meditation); and this was useful though I don't know of any outlets near me (or methods to do it alone) to explore this further.
  14. Joined
    29 May '10
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 04:20
    meditation really isn't that hard. Some of the Zen folks recommend what they call "just sitting."

you really just take some time out, just sit in a chair and, you know, just that's it.

well, sort of. The idea is to, you know, just relax and be at peace for a moment...let all that silence work into you.

we are all running around so fast, that just doing that can help tons...does for me anyway..

but I am a loon, I think I need more help and relaxation than most!!
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 04:43
    meditation really isn't that hard. Some of the Zen folks recommend what they call "just sitting."

you really just take some time out, just sit in a chair and, you know, just that's it.

well, sort of. The idea is to, you know, just relax and be at peace for a moment...let all that silence work into you.

we are all running around so fast, that j ...[text shortened]... does for me anyway..

but I am a loon, I think I need more help and relaxation than most!!
    I suppose my best approximation to this is when I go jogging; There are few worldly matters or stresses that are of concern to me as I nonchalantly take in my surroundings and search myself for new devices to last that little bit longer/jog that little bt faster.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree