1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 02:17
    http://nypost.com/2016/04/05/tennessee-makes-bible-the-states-official-book/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Having already made a .50-caliber sniper gun the official state rifle, Tennessee lawmakers on Monday gave final approval to making the Holy Bible the state’s official book.

The state Senate voted 19-8 in favor of the bill despite arguments by the state attorney general that the measure conflicts with a provision in the Tennessee Constitution stating that “no preference shall ever be given, by law, to any religious establishment or mode of worship.”

Opponents argued the Bible would be trivialized by being placed alongside other state symbols such as the official tree, flower, rock or amphibian.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 08:29
    So why is Obama not riding in on a white horse to fix this for you?

Maybe it's because he smiles when such Constitutions are defied.

Now if they start rounding up illegals according to federal law and deporting them, I'm sure Obama would ride in to their rescue.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 08:47
    Originally posted by vivify
    http://nypost.com/2016/04/05/tennessee-makes-bible-the-states-official-book/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Having already made a .50-caliber sniper gun the official state rifle, Tennessee lawmakers on Monday gave final approval to making the Holy Bible the state’s official book.

The state Senate voted 19-8 in favor of the bill despite arguments by the state attorn ...[text shortened]... being placed alongside other state symbols such as the official tree, flower, rock or amphibian.
    America is great again!
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 08:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    America is great again!
    Now how is that possible? Trump is not President yet. 😛
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 09:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    So why is Obama not riding in on a white horse to fix this for you?
    Putting to one side speculation about what President Obama might or might not think (or do) about this decision, do you think it's a good thing that Tennessee has made the Bible its "official book"?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 09:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    Putting to one side speculation about what President Obama might or might not think (or do) about this decision, do you think it's a good thing that Tennessee has made the Bible its "official book"?
    I don't even know states sat around deciding what their official book should be. Moreover, I have no idea what this even means, do you?

Perhaps we should address this before continuing. My guess is, as with most lawmakers, it is just meaningless drivel that is suppose to garnish them votes.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 09:15
    My guess is, as with most lawmakers, it is just meaningless drivel that is suppose to garnish them votes.
    So you would oppose this move by its legislature?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 09:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you would oppose this move by its legislature?
    Again, what does this move do if anything legally?

Is it just a meaningless gesture, or does this have further implications?

Hell, they can make their official university Trump U if they want, but what does that mean?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 09:41
    Again, what does this move do if anything legally?

Is it just a meaningless gesture, or does this have further implications?

Hell, they can make their official university Trump U if they want, but what does that mean?
    So you oppose it?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 09:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you oppose it?
    I oppose idiocy and wasting taxpayer money, so yea.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 09:46
    I oppose idiocy and wasting taxpayer money, so yea.
    But violating the constitution doesn't bother you at all I take it unless you think Obama did it.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 09:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But violating the constitution doesn't bother you at all I take it unless you think Obama did it.
    (roll eyes)

More trolling I see.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 09:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I was also curious about whodey's reasons for opposing it and he had several chances to make a point - if he wanted to - about possible constitutional issues surrounding a U.S. state like Tennessee making the Bible its "official book" but he chose not to.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 10:31
    (roll eyes)

More trolling I see.
    Not trolling at all. Your initial comments in this thread were about Obama and suggesting that he violates the constitution. Yet when asked what you think about a law that violates the constitution enacted in a state you said nothing about the constitution and were more concerned about idiocy and tax payers money.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 10:33
    Of course we all know the outrage that would be seen if a state ever made the Quran its official book.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree