1. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 12:02
    Originally posted by Penguin
    You've quoted two non-consecutive lines from a song (http://www.lyricsdownload.com/newsboys-breakfast-in-hell-lyrics.html) so you must have had some concept of what you intended the quote to mean. I think TWhitehead's question was perfectly valid.

--- Penguin.
    Just to say how do you cope....i would like to know....the second was just random quoting to see what your reaction would be....
  2. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 12:32
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Just to say how do you cope....i would like to know....the second was just random quoting to see what your reaction would be....
    Well your random quote presupposes that I believe in Hell, which you are well aware that I don't.

I cope in the same way that I cope with life in the knowledge that Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy, Zeus, Thor and Valhalla do not exist.

The one thing that the above lack (apart from Valhalla of course) is that they say nothing about what happens after I die. However I have no problem in believing my conciousness did not exist before I was born (it probably didn't even start to form until I started to understand language at around 6 months) so although it is hard to imagine, there is no reason not to believe that my conciousness will cease to exist after my death. It's a potentially scary thought but to believe in a fairy tale in order to avoid it would simply be delusional.

--- Penguin.
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 12:59
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Well your random quote presupposes that I believe in Hell, which you are well aware that I don't.

I cope in the same way that I cope with life in the knowledge that Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy, Zeus, Thor and Valhalla do not exist.

The one thing that the above lack (apart from Valhalla of course) is that they say nothing about what happens after ...[text shortened]... t to believe in a fairy tale in order to avoid it would simply be delusional.

--- Penguin.
    Thank you......
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 20:20
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    it's hard to cope with believing in God.
    Why? Because then you would be accountable to him?
  5. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 14:18
    Originally posted by WhompingNomad
    I don't appreciate the rather harsh way that some christians throw hell in unbeliever's faces. Now I myself am a christian, and I believe in love, not mockery or scaring people.
    Yes but the truth hurts sometimes

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree