1. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 14:39
    All those without the Lord how do you cope......they dont serve breakfast in Hell!!!! 😉
  2. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 14:511 edit
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    they dont serve breakfast in Hell!!!! 😉
    But Vida Guerra and Scarlett Johansson will be around. 😛
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 15:28
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    But Vida Guerra and Scarlett Johansson will be around. 😛
    no....nora batty....
  4. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 16:161 edit
    All those without the Lord how do you cope......they dont serve breakfast in Hell!!!! 😉
    Do you listen to the Newsboys? They have a song from "Take me to your leader" called "Breakfast". Great Song !
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 16:28
    What's to cope with? That's life and I'll warrant we both deal with what it throws at us in similar ways. Why do you htink there's something to 'cope' with?
  6. Joined
    22 Jun '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 05:13
    I don't appreciate the rather harsh way that some christians throw hell in unbeliever's faces. Now I myself am a christian, and I believe in love, not mockery or scaring people.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 06:22
    The same way I coped when I found out Santa Claus was fake: Shrug, oh well, get on with life!
  8. Standard memberagryson
    AGW Hitman
    http://xkcd.com/386/
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 06:33
    This is something I'd like to know more about actually. My impression was always that you shouldn't do good deeds because they'll get you into heaven, you should do good deeds because they're good things to do. By the same token, you shouldn't do good deeds to avoid hell, you should do them because they're good things to do.
    I think this "God" would be able to tell the difference between someone who's doing something under duress and another who's doing it free of fear or ulterior motive.
    Consequently, the benefits, in this life, of doing good should theoretically be the same for believers and non-believers alike. Whether it leads to cool stuff afterwards is anybodies guess.
    If I lead a good life, which can be done without a god, but choose not to do it carrying His banner (there's a lot of banners to fly under His name) why would a loving god punish someone for that?
    If you talk about surviving periods of difficulty, I think it shows more character to survive periods of hardship on your own. Yes it is much more difficult to get through a rough patch on your own, but that's why it is such a good thing if you can do it unassisted by man or god. This is why God is often referred to as a crutch (I do not meant to cause offence by the metaphor) because people can overcome a difficulty without having to actually deal with and internalise the problem, which is an easier way to do things, but I don't see it as... good for the soul.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 07:18
    What are you saying? That I am in hell now and nobody is serving me breakfast so how do I cope?
    Or are you saying how do I cope with worrying about where my breakfast will come from after I die?
    Surely you realize that if I don't believe in God then I don't believe in hell either?
  10. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 08:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What are you saying? That I am in hell now and nobody is serving me breakfast so how do I cope?
    Or are you saying how do I cope with worrying about where my breakfast will come from after I die?
    Surely you realize that if I don't believe in God then I don't believe in hell either?
    im quoting a song!!!
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 08:16
    im quoting a song!!!
    And you haven't got a clue what it means? Then why quote it?
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 08:29
    it's hard to cope with believing in God.
  13. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 09:34
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And you haven't got a clue what it means? Then why quote it?
    Its a song....lighten up man....
  14. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 09:34
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    it's hard to cope with believing in God.
    True...how very true!!!
  15. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 11:28
    Its a song....lighten up man....
    You've quoted two non-consecutive lines from a song (http://www.lyricsdownload.com/newsboys-breakfast-in-hell-lyrics.html) so you must have had some concept of what you intended the quote to mean. I think TWhitehead's question was perfectly valid.

--- Penguin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree