1. Joined
    14 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 16:50
    I was not born into any Church. My family never went to Church. I grew knowing I make my own choices and suffer the consequences if I make the wrong choice. One choice I made that was the right choice as well as being the most important choice in my life, was when I chose to be baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I have learned many things since my baptism. By learning, I’m not only speaking of the knowledge one gains. I’m talking about actually living what is being taught. There are many people in this world that say they believe, yet their actions tell otherwise. I am thankful I have found the right path. I am thankful for the husband and wife who asked me if I wanted to go with them to Church 15 years ago. I am eternally grateful for the many blessings I have had since. I am especially grateful for a loving wife. I am grateful for prayer. It was my prayer that was answered confirming to me that the woman I chose to marry was the right one. We have been married for 7 years now. 8 years ago I knelt down and asked my Father in Heaven if this was the woman for me. The feeling I received was one of warmth and comfort testifying to me that I should marry her. We were married and with every passing day, I know my prayer was answered.

I have had numerous opportunities to bless my wife and the foster children that have been through our home. We had one little girl at 2 years old. She was having horrible nightmares every night. She would wake up in the middle of every night screaming that monsters were getting her. My wife and I both decided a blessing would help this little girl. I gave her a priesthood blessing. As soon as I started the blessing, she immediately calmed and sat very still, silent. I proceeded to give her a blessing of comfort. I felt in my heart that she would have no more nightmares. We placed her down for bed that night and she fell right a sleep. She never had any more nightmares. Not that night or any night thereafter.

I had just got home after an operation. I was sore and in pain. I had trouble walking after the operation on my own and needed help getting around. My loving wife was always with me and gave me the much needed support. We had members of the Church we attend come to our home and give me a blessing. After the blessing, I was in no more pain and was able to heal more quickly.

One of my most important blessings was my Patriarchal blessing I received many years ago. This is a blessing that someone who is in authority gives. The words spoken are from God and give guidance through an individual’s life. There were things spoken of in my blessing which no one would have known except me. Some concerns I have had and kept to myself were addressed and what I should do about them. I still have that blessing. Every word is typed on a sheet of paper. I read it every now and then.

Thank you Heavenly Father. Thank you for the wonderful blessings I have in my life. I thank you for the priesthood which allows us to give blessings, I’m thankful for the Holy Ghost that guides and teaches us the things we need to know and understand. I am thankful for a loving wife and for our son who we adopted last Friday. I am thankful for the love and patience you have given me, even when I do fall and make mistakes. I am thankful for a loving prophet who is on this earth today. I am thankful for the miracle of forgiveness and for teaching me to forgive and love everyone. I am thankful we have the teachings of Jesus Christ to lead us and help is in these difficult times.
  2. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 07:59
    Originally posted by stepnkev
    I was not born into any Church. My family never went to Church. I grew knowing I make my own choices and suffer the consequences if I make the wrong choice. One choice I made that was the right choice as well as being the most important choice in my life, was when I chose to be baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I have learned ...[text shortened]... thankful we have the teachings of Jesus Christ to lead us and help is in these difficult times.
    AMEN!!!!
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 09:44
    This is a blessing that someone who is in authority gives. The words spoken are from God and give guidance through an individual’s life.
    And why does God not help individuals without this 'blessing' process?
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 18:17
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    AMEN!!!!
    Did you catch the part where he said he was Mormon?
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 18:27
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Did you catch the part where he said he was Mormon?
    It doesn't matter, they are all one in Jesus!!!!
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 18:29
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    It doesn't matter, they are all one in Jesus!!!!
    In much the same way that all Sunni and Shiite are one in Mohammed.
  7. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 18:29

I have learned ...[text shortened]... thankful we have the teachings of Jesus Christ to lead us and help is in these difficult times.
    Amen! And I would also like to thank God--not only for playing an extra special part in your life, and begin the causal common denominator behind all your good fortune--but for working through his Creation on behalf of many other people of modest means throughout the world.

http://nfggames.com/temp/pics/sa-quake3.htm
  8. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 18:32
    I am especially grateful for a loving wife.
    You misspelled "wives."
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 18:321 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    In much the same way that all Sunni and Shiite are one in Mohammed.
    We don't worship Prophet Mohammed!!!!

And if you know neither sunni nor shiite say so.
  10. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 18:33
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    You misspelled "wives."
    His other wives don't love him; they merely do their physical duty.
  11. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 18:34
    We don't worship Prophet Mohammed.

Yes, Kirksey: you are talking a load of Shiite!
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 18:37
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Yes, Kirksey: you are talking a load of Shiite!
    I've been known to do that.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 18:44
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I've been known to do that.
    I noticed that....

I have a question I wanted to ask you for a long time. Are you christian?
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 18:47
    I noticed that....

I have a question I wanted to ask you for a long time. Are you christian?
    Well, it depends on when you ask me.
  15. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 18:481 edit
    We don't worship Prophet Mohammed!!!!

As far as you know, does any Muslim shout "Allah Akbar!" when they attain a sexual climax with their beloved wife?

I'm just curious, and don't want to have to do the empirical research myself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree