1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 01:32
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    No, Neither I, nor anyone else, has god whispering in our heads giving advice.

Now that to me is a fairly arrogant statement.

How do you know what goes on in other’s heads. Don’t you think the thing you reject for yourself may be evident someone else?
    It's not so much that I know what is going on in your head.

It's that I know gods don't exist.

It is thus quite easy to determine that if there is a voice in your head (or anyone else's) it
    isn't the voice of a god.

In much the same way that I know it isn't the voice of Voldemort or the Hogfather.

If you think it's arrogant of me to declare that fictional beings are not whispering things into
    peoples heads then we are no longer using the word arrogant to mean the same thing.

Don’t you think the thing you reject for yourself may be evident someone else?

After coming up with 3 possible different interpretations of this grammatical mess I gave up.
    If you want me to answer this question you need to type it coherently.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 01:37
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    My follow-up question to the OP is how can one prove or disprove that there is a conscience at all that we use, more specifically science. Can it detect a conversation that we may be having with ourselves, thinking through a difficult decision, trying to decide on a morality issue? God whispering in our heads giving advice? Can this be done and to what end?
    I don't know what you mean by detect.

We can certainly see detect people thinking, and by looking at which parts of the brain are
    working hardest make some determinations about what kind of thinking they are doing.

We can't however currently listen to a persons internal decision making process.

Might be able to some time in the future, but it's currently beyond our technological capabilities.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 00:59
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Reveal Hidden Content
    dip him in hot tea
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 02:22
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]
    No, Neither I, nor anyone else, has god whispering in our heads giving advice.

Now that to me is a fairly arrogant statement.

How do you know what goes on in other’s heads. Don’t you think the thing you reject for yourself may be evident someone else?

Nothing arrogant about the statement [hidden]it is more true than the statement th ...[text shortened]... true non-human identity!!\rHow could we conclusively prove this is not the case!???[/hidden][/b]
    You are probably too ignorant to know the difference. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree