1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 12:231 edit
    (a very poor post title, I know, but lets not dwell on this, as there is already much dwelling on "god" without many minds being changed)

I for one have changed my internet status from being a "nothing" to being a hindu.
    I also resonate with the few non-dualists on here,(mind you at times I also resonate with christians as well 🙂 )

So since I have kicked off some examples in my previous thread in "killing in the name of" thread, I think the balls in in someone elses court and perhaps they could share their experiences with pot.
    I am happy to take negative comments. (I recall a thread started by josephw called "Why do you think they call it dope, dope?" )....needless to say it got less than a handful of responses, I believe to the negative connotations implied in the OP.
    I certainly didn't reply.

So yes, I'm a pot smoker, but in the last few years I have cut down to smoking a gram in about a week.
    Whereas , 5 years ago, and ten years up until then, I would smoke 2 grams a day.
    (I dont know whether people out there subscribe to this addictive personality thing, but I do, I know for a fact that I am an addictive personality )
    I am trying to minimize harm in my life through my addictions . It is an on-going "battle" , and while it doesn't make me into an a-hole (ie drinking), it does have a negative effect om the people around me.
    Ok enough. You guys say something.
  2. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 12:26
    i thought it was opium! weed is for dopes
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 12:44
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    (a very poor post title, I know, but lets not dwell on this, as there is already much dwelling on "god" without many minds being changed)

I for one have changed my internet status from being a "nothing" to being a hindu.
    I also resonate with the few non-dualists on here,(mind you at times I also resonate with christians as well 🙂 )

So since I ha ...[text shortened]... ave a negative effect om the people around me.
    Ok enough. You guys say something.
    never been a pot fan, tried it at art college and uni. didnt do anything for me. seemed to be an insular drug. i didnt have any spiritual experiences or any great memories associated with it. id go for a glass of wine over a spliff any day.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 12:45
    Originally posted by tim88
    i thought it was opium! weed is for dopes
    Could you elaborate?

I have found that everyone's drug use (whether they admit it or not) is very personal to that person.
    You cant generalize about peoples personal habits. At the end of the day , people may seem similar, but if the truth be known, then I think you would find that there are as many personal habits as there are people in the world (or dharmas)
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 12:511 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    never been a pot fan, tried it at art college and uni. didnt do anything for me. seemed to be an insular drug. i didnt have any spiritual experiences or any great memories associated with it. id go for a glass of wine over a spliff any day.
    Yes, back in my uni days, I could go either way. a lot of pot with a few drinks or a lot of drinks with a few cones. Just not a lot of both- then I would "green out" lol.

Overindulgence.

I actually remember our PE (Physical education teacher) teaching our 15 yr old class that (without being specific) it would be better to get stoned than to get drunk. His reasoning was that the worst that could happen if you got too stoned is that you fall asleep whereas you could get into all sorts of trouble of you got you drunk as a 15 yr old.

??
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 12:55
    Could you elaborate?

I have found that everyone's drug use (whether they admit it or not) is very personal to that person.
    You cant generalize about peoples personal habits. At the end of the day , people may seem similar, but if the truth be known, then I think you would find that there are as many personal habits as there are people in the world (or dharmas)
    As far as the Bible is concerned there is very little that can be used to condemn drug users. Many Christians would claim otherwise but that is just their biased doctrine coming out. As far you are concerned, drug use that you cannot control is a clear sign of a weak personality. You need to fix your personal problems or issues, otherwise you are a weakling. Go get that sorted out. Get a life. Do other things. Go do some charity work. Get a hobby. Get another job. Keep yourself busy.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 12:59
    another two points/questions (perhaps) worth pondering :
    (Considering that drugs include coffee, tv, "romance",etc,etc.)

1: What was the first drug that you "took" when you were born? My friend answered "oxygen". His answer has intrigued me ever since, not to say I agree or disagree with him either way.

2. What is the most powerful drug? The answer I came up with was "people".
    (I'm still thinking about it, perhaps sum posters could help me ?? 🙂 )
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 13:00
    I believe that cannabis gave me a certain appreciation for [or even "insight" into] music and films at a more 'formative' time in my life that I still have at my disposal to this day, and that still affects my enjoyment of those two art forms, even though I do not consume cannabis these days.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 13:03
    Yes, back in my uni days, I could go either way. a lot of pot with a few drinks or a lot of drinks with a few cones. Just not a lot of both- then I would "green out" lol.

Overindulgence.

I actually remember our PE (Physical education teacher) teaching our 15 yr old class that (without being specific) it would be better to get stoned than to get ...[text shortened]... ep whereas you could get into all sorts of trouble of you got you drunk as a 15 yr old.

??
    i think i would agree with your teacher on that issue. ive never seen a spliff fueled fight but sadly ive seen far to many alcohol related punch ups.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 13:08
    another two points/questions (perhaps) worth pondering :
    (Considering that drugs include coffee, tv, "romance",etc,etc.)

1: What was the first drug that you "took" when you were born? My friend answered "oxygen". His answer has intrigued me ever since, not to say I agree or disagree with him either way.

2. What is the most powerful drug? The an ...[text shortened]... was "people".
    (I'm still thinking about it, perhaps sum posters could help me ?? 🙂 )
    going by how much people on here let their beliefs make them loose perspective id say religion seems to be a pretty powerful drug. i started a thread a few months ago about the similarities between religion and drugs, i think most were offended by the comparison and didnt wish to discuss it (or they thought i was taking the p*ss)
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 13:171 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    As far as the Bible is concerned there is very little that can be used to condemn drug users. Many Christians would claim otherwise but that is just their biased doctrine coming out. As far you are concerned, drug use that you cannot control is a clear sign of a weak personality. You need to fix your personal problems or issues, otherwise you are a weakling. ...[text shortened]... ife. Do other things. Go do some charity work. Get a hobby. Get another job. Keep yourself busy.
    Well put. I would agree- but in my own interpretations of "drugs"

Would you not call a church congregation a drug?
    How do you define a drug?
    Is sex a drug?
    Is love with a woman (or man) a drug?

Which is more powerful? my independence on the substances, (namely 1gram of weed into my system weekly), or the ever-alluring drug that leads you astray everyday and attend church meetings,etc.?

Do you see what I am driving at here?

OK Rajk, and everyone else caring to listen, this is my philosophy (not completed, some fine tuning needed, but pretty much the way I see things).

All "things" are drugs. In christian terminology you could say something like "all things that lead toward the tendency towards formation".(I would be taking that from the agnostics version of christ and christianity)

How many times have you heard of someone proclaim that they have given up pot, only to start smoking ciggies and drinking a bit, and thinking that is OK, because society deems it so?

I have given up al "people bulls**t" and supplemented that with the amount of pot that I have mentioned above. Do you know what that means? Do you care , or do you wish to remain unenlightened ?
    Feel free to ask questions of any nature here, your insults have absolutley no bearing on the issue at hand.
    Just as googlefudges insult meant nothing in the other thread (killing in the name of)

I ask you Rajk, and anyone else that cares, do you guys want to know the meaning of such things.
    Do you wish to delve into the heart of this subject or should we just skirt around it and waste more of my time that could be better spent meditating , or whatever else?
  12. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 13:18
    i think i would agree with your teacher on that issue. ive never seen a spliff fueled fight but sadly ive seen far to many alcohol related punch ups.
    I am afraid my drug experience is mainstream and minimal so I don't have much to input.

I smoked a small amount for a couple of years while at school. Got nothing out of it and noticed no effects apart from a lack of pocket money so eventually I just stopped.

Tried cannabis once while at university. Noticed no effects at all and the opportunity never really arose again.

I have got drunk lots of times, occasionally to a really bad state. These days, I will have a couple of glasses of wine or beer a couple of times a week and the odd brandy or whisky.

I guess I don't have a very addictive personality!

I think I agree that alcohol is a worse drug because of the aggression and sense of invulnerability that it provokes. As has been mentioned, stoned people don't tend to get into fights.

However, there is also the issue that alcohol is legal and more easily available and hence more widely used. This may effect research into the negative impact,making alcohol seem relatively more dangerous than it really is.

--- Penguin.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 13:27

I have given up al "people bulls**t" and supplemented that with the amount of pot that I have mentioned above. Do you know what that means? Do you care , or do you wish to remain unenlightened ?
    why do you need to supplement it, is it not possible to just cut out "people b.s." with no supplement.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 13:32
    why do you need to supplement it, is it not possible to just cut out "people b.s." with no supplement.
    Good point
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 13:35
    Originally posted by Penguin
    I am afraid my drug experience is mainstream and minimal so I don't have much to input.

I smoked a small amount for a couple of years while at school. Got nothing out of it and noticed no effects apart from a lack of pocket money so eventually I just stopped.

Tried cannabis once while at university. Noticed no effects at all and the opportunity never r ...[text shortened]... ative impact,making alcohol seem relatively more dangerous than it really is.

--- Penguin.
    You need to be careful. You are going to extremes to try to justify a habit that apparently is not socially or morally acceptable.

Focus on yourself and not to worry about who is going to church or falling in love.

Is drug abuse a problem for you? Then focus on that. If drug abuse was not a problem then you would not have started this thread to get our opinions.

Im not going down that road where you seem to think that everything in life is a drug... sorry.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree